“1980's sleazy cruise cabin”
Review of The Joule, Dallas

The Joule, Dallas
Ranked #10 of 205 Hotels in Dallas
Reviewed December 19, 2012

I booked through Expedia, which had a regular room and a suite at a discount price at the same as a regular room. So I took the Suite.

from expedia: SUPERIOR One King Bed "This room measures 465 square feet (42 square meters). For a good night's sleep, the pillowtop bed is dressed with premium bedding and a down duvet. You will have a shower/tub combination with rainfall showerhead, as well as bathrobes, slippers, and designer toiletries."

When I arrived at the hotel, looked perfect. Nice helpful staff, clean and modern lobby, they even greeted us with champagne. I though to myself that: I was in for a treat. And I better be, paying almost 500usd a night, having so many other cheaper option nearby available.

When I got to my "suite" I found a tiny room with a small cornered red and ROUND bed. This room looked like a sleazy tiny motel room. One wall is completely a mirror. Zebra pattern on the floor and a TINY, TINY, TINY!!! room. The room was so small that is seemed to hug around the sleazy round bed. And of course no bathtub, no king bed and no complimentary WiFi.

When I asked if this was my room they said it was and they, to my disbelieve, where completely booked and had no other options to upgrade or change rooms.

So I returned to the tiny room and contemplated on actually lying on the bed or not. It might have been very clean but the room looked so sleazy that for the first time ever I felt repelled from the bed.

Once I managed to actually tuck in I decided to tun on the TV which was completely in a difficult angle to see and the room is so small you cant comfortably sit anywhere else. I decided to try and work only to find that the wifi signal was weak and apparently had to pay for it.

In the morning I showered (the actual piping make a horrific sound that I am sure many other rooms heard) and hurried out of the room instead of enjoying a bathtub, because there was none inthe room as promised. There is a restaurant in the lobby where the rest of the group I was traveling was having breakfast and joined in. After showing pictures of the sleazy room and everybody had a good laugh, I then proceeded to have a very nice and delicious breakfast in the street terrace.

Room Tip: what ever you do, don't book the tine room "suite" with the round bed!
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
9  Thank travelfanmty
There are newer reviews for The Joule, Dallas

Reviewed December 18, 2012

I had a wonderful stay at the Joule. My room was comfortable, the restaurant was great and Thomas the bartender was very good. Tim at the valet really assisted me multiple times and all of the valet staff were very friendly and accommodating. Front desk staff was also great. I would recommend for anyone staying in downtown Dallas.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed December 17, 2012

Stayed here for three nights while in town for a football game. Gorgeous decor, Bulgari toiletries, super quiet. The service was outstanding and the staff knowledgeable about the area. Also, a spa is under construction. The only drawback is that downtown Dallas is still a work in progress at night.

• Stayed: December 2012
Reviewed December 17, 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Joule a few nights ago. Not only was it my birthday, but it was also our first night away from our young child. When we checked in, Myron made sure that our stay would be a special one. He arranged for us to get a very nice corner room and complimentary breakfast in bed! Myron is easily one of the nicest front desk employees I have ever encountered.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 16, 2012

the service at the joule was excellent!!! this was my first time at the hotel, as we were here to see my steelers play the cowboys. the steelers lost the game, but me and my friends still enjoyed the hotel and city of dallas just the same. the staff was excellent, especially myron! we stayed for 3 nites and 4 days and there was not anything out of sorts. the valet, bellmen, concierge, maids/cleaning crew and front desk staff were the best, friendly, fast and simply the best! they even gave me chocolate chip cookies with milk when i got there. they brought bottled water and chocolate to me every nite and that was truly appreciated, yet unexpected. mr. myron did a great job of checking us out and settling our bills the nite before and made all of the concerns a non-issue.

loved the boutique setting of the rooms, as my room had a round bed in it and a great view of the dallas skyline.

Room Tip: get the higher floors. better view than the lower floors.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 16, 2012

I stayed here for a night for a business trip, but I wish I had more time to enjoy the place. Myron did a fantastic job getting me acquainted with everything and setting up my starwood points. Great bar, restaurant, and pool - and the pool bar, wow. Will definitely be staying at the Joule next time I am in Dallas, whether for business or pleasure.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed December 13, 2012

My wife and I had an amazing weekend at the Joule in downtown Dallas. The service was great and the food at the attached restaurant was excellant. Service was exceptional as well. We visited during the Dallas Marathon, whose starting line was within sight of the amazing pool on the 10th floor.

Great place for a romantic get away!

All of down town was lit up with Christmas lights. Very beautiful.

Room Tip: We didn't get to see a suite as they were sold out, but from the description, you should try to...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple