“Fun hip hotel.”

Ranked #7 of 203 Hotels in Dallas
Ft Worth
“Fun hip hotel.”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

We had a nice time at The Joule, the staff strived to make our stay enjoyable and relaxed. The pool is small, but it fits this hotels unique and cool style. The only downside was the room service, it was slow and came with a bit of an attitude, but the Lobster Corn dogs was out of this world. I highly recommend The Hotel Joule.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (201)
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed September 17, 2012

The last time I stayed here; I wrote glowing reviews b/c the gentlemen that ck'd me in gave me great service and were courteous. Unfortunately, this time was the exact opposite. I got here and Jennifer at the front desk asked how I was doing and I reponded fine and she then asked if I said "better". Not sure what that was about. None the less as a Platinum SPG member, I expect that if I book far enough in advance that I am upgraded and the policy is to offer an amenity to Platinum guests. I got neither. What I got was an offer to book me into another hotel WOW! That was a horrible thing to say to a guest. I am not sure that I will stay here again. I will say this -- the manager that I spoke to when booking the stay was great and took care of me very well. Jennifer needs to understand that when taking care of guests that there is a way to do so and a way not to do so. The hotel as per usual was great and everything else was great. Service and people are the true differentiators when it comes to hotels these days. On this visit she failed. ;(

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank chos888
Falls Church, Virginia, United States
Reviewed September 12, 2012

We held a customer appreciation event in the Penthouse Suite and it couldn't have been more fabulous. From the early planning stages to the staff that worked our event. I can't say enough wonderful things about our experience at the Joule.
Meredith Harrell and Rexanne Martinez where both fabulous to work with prior to our arrival. Once on-site Milan Djordjevic and Javier took such great care of us and our customers. I would highly recommend this for use as event space!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
tx
Reviewed September 12, 2012

Ive stayed in hotels all over the world on my business trips and this ranks right among the top. The rooms, while not overly large, are exceptionally appointed and very comfortable. The hotel is equipped with all the amenities you might require and provides top notch service you'd expect from a hotel of the caliber. Do eat at Charlie Palmer during your stay; the food and drinks there are fantastic. On my next trip to Dallas I will definitely be staying at The Joule.

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank manufcrules
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed September 11, 2012

I stayed for business for two nights the week of September 3. Highly recommend as the service level is outstanding. All of the employees were outstanding, the hotel offers a car service and you meet some of the most wonderful workers. My favorite was Ricky, he was very welcoming in checking us in and than again in driving us to dinner. He greeted us upon our return and by next day it felt like we were old friends. Exceptional!
The food in the restaurant was amazing as was the service. The rooms are funky and fantastic with amazing furnishings and wonderful amenities. I will be returning.

Room Tip: The hotel is undergoing construction, I did not hear any noise but some people did, stay on the side...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Mexico City, Mexico
Reviewed September 6, 2012

I had never heard of this hotel, had stayed at the Sheraton DFW and a couple of the Westins in Dallas but went to SPG website and saw this one and while it was 16K points per night, 4x's the rate of the Sheraton Airport the website looked so beautiful I decided to give it a go for a couple of nights when I had to be in Dallas. I was absolutely blown away!! When I first walked in, I thought it was going to be another W which have not impressed me. But, no, this hotel had warmth, the staff were outstanding and the hotel while having a trendy vibe actually seemed to have the service mentality of some of the better Asian hotels I have been at in the past.

The rooftop pool and bar lounge area is stunning and the restaurant onsite was incredible unlike so many hotel restaurants, really worth a visit on its own. The friend I was there with was extremely impressed with the wine room.

I have a new favorite hotel in Dallas and now am looking forward to my next trip to Texas!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank tammynnc
Brunswick, Maine
Reviewed September 3, 2012

I have to be honest here. This hotel was great to start. Nice room, Fantastic bed, Charlie Parker is a good restaurant but try to take a picture of this place and security will be all over you if you get caught.

I'm a freelance writer for Travel & Leisure.com and Balthazar, Le magazine de l'homme. Occasionally I come across a cool boutique hotel that I think deserves some attention, some free press so to speak and usually hotels are thrilled at the prospect of some free press, but this place came down on me like nazi's in the ghetto.

I told them that not only was I a writer but a guest wanting to write a nice review. No matter, they were kind enough to make me feel like a criminal and I almost felt like they were going to confiscate my camera. I don't know what they want to hide from the public or why photographs are not allowed, maybe they just didn't like me but I have to say. I don't want to come back again.

Go to the hotel, enjoy the staff and the rooms, but don't try to make it memorable or record anything for prosperity sake.

Unfortunately I can not recommend this hotel based on the ruddiness of the staff.

Room Tip: Honestly they are all good.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family