“Great place to go for a "Staycation"”
Review of The Joule, Dallas

The Joule, Dallas
Ranked #10 of 205 Hotels in Dallas
Reviewed June 21, 2011

Very high end hotel that lived up to the hype. No free Wi-Fi or coffee in the room, but everything else was very nice. From the moment we pulled up and until we left we felt very welcomed and enjoyed all the hotel has to offer. The roof top pool was like a spa and even though it was 102 degrees, it felt very comfortable because of the fans and the misting system. If you want a private cabana by the pool, be sure to reserve it in advance. We had dinner and breakfast at the hotel restaurant Charlie Palmers and it was excellent. I would highly recommend this hotel as a great place to get away and enjoy downtown Dallas.

Room Tip: Last minute deals seemed to be the best rates.
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for The Joule, Dallas

Reviewed June 19, 2011

I'm a business traveller that spends over 200 nights in hotels a year so I've seen it all. Keep that in mind when reading my reviews.

THE GOOD
I've been a regular customer here since April of 2011. The hotel is unique for Dallas and is very comfortable. Service is usually very good from front desk, to valet, to housekeeping on down. The hotel is modern / contemporary so expect that when you choose to stay here. The VERY BEST bed I've slept on in a Dallas hotel.

THE BAD
The rooms I've been getting this time round and are very dark and the lighting system can be glitchy from time to time. The pool is very unique but, closes earlier than I would expect. On the weekends during the summer it turns into an absolute club scene with non-hotel guests crashing. Some might enjoy this, others might not.

THE UGLY
Only thing I would say that considering I've stayed here every week since April, I have yet to receive and upgrade from a standard deluxe king. This is coming from a SPG Platinum who already qualified again for next year (30 of those nights staying at the Joule).

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed June 14, 2011

This was my first stay at The Joule in Dallas. I usually stay at the "W' in Victory Park, but this Hotel was by far outstanding! The valet was wonderful, very helpful and polite. The staff was magnificent, very helpfull and informative. The rooms were fantastic, very clean, and had awesome showers!!! The pool was amazing as well, met a lot of nice couples on my stay, everyone was very laid back and had a great time! I would also like to acknowledge a gentlemen named Trey Shultz, I believe was his name, he played a very instrumental part of my enjoyable stay. He went above and beyond, and I appreciate everything he did. Overall was very pleased, and would definitely refer friends and family to your hotel in the future.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank ShaleiCobb38
Reviewed June 13, 2011

I stayed at the Joule this past week and will be back. The roof-top pool is very nice. The staff was great. The hotel has a "W" feel to it, but is more elegent. The art work in the hotel is also amazing. I took advantage of the comlimentary local transportation in the hotel's Escalade too!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank clarkesbar
Reviewed June 13, 2011

I am a platinum starwood member and typically stay at the W Hotel or Westin properties. However, they were sold out and I always noticed the Joule Dallas hotel in the search results on SPB.com. So, the rate was great and the stay was absolutely Excellent!!! Everything from room service from the top Charlie Palmer restaurant in the hotel 24/7, plus the stunning gorgeous pool, amazing rooms, etc, etc.

I can go on and on but if you have any options going to Dallas then the choice is easy. The Joule Dallas. Afterwards you can write your own review on this intimate and polished hotel. It is one of a kind and nothing else can compare in Dallas or wherever you may be....

Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Westondrive
Reviewed June 13, 2011

VERY, VERY nice property. The staff was very courteous and helpful. Location wasn't the best and looked a little scary out on the street at times, but no issues while out walking before dark. The pool (or Poule as they call it) is as nice as any you will find, glass on the end which extends out at 10 stories high. As an order of french toast was around $20 I decided to walk down the street (out the front, down one block to left, take a left and Seven Eleven was on the right) and get a donut and some milk. The fitness center again was as nice as I've ever seen. I would not suggest bringing kids here although there were no problems we were the only family we saw. The adults at the pool were making out to the point a few of the couples should have went back to their rooms, needless to say we didn't stay at the pool long.

Room Tip: There is a store just a couple blocks away.
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed June 11, 2011

I stayed at this hotel again recently and well, lets just stay it was less than stellar.
As an SPG member the old management would send a hand written note and a amenity welcoming guests - new management well nothing. Not that this is a big deal but at least acknowledge guests especially if you value them. I did receive a fruit plate but only after the issues began.

Cleaning of the rooms - I left the hotel at 7:30Am and returned at 5 pm from a long day I returned to an unserviced room. After calling downstairs I was informed by a manager that they clean incoming rooms first. Wow, so what your telling me is that you don't value guests once they are in house and your only concern is incoming guests, shame on you.

Laundry, dropped of at 7:30am it was supposed to back at 6:00pm at 8:00pm no laundry, so after contacting management I was told they would look into it. It did show up whilst I was gone to dinner but not apologies no nothing. So I guess they expect guest to have to chase there own laundry down.

Coffee, the hotel does not have coffee makers in the room but will send one up on request. We asked for coffee and were told they could send a coffee pot you but would have to charge us. So I asked for a coffee maker they said they would send one right up. 30 minutes latter a knock on the door with fresh ground coffee, nothing to make it with just coffee. Amazing ! 30 minutes latter after another phone call a coffee maker arrives, no cups, no cream, no sweeteners. Finally after another call, we just ended up ordering room service with coffee - all in all over 90 minutes to get coffee, it was almost lunch time - looks like we have lost site of the important things.

The gym - all I can say is I wish I would have taken pictures - The treadmills had obviously not been wiped down in weeks may be longer. Sweat and dirt were covering the treadmills and the fact that they are touch screens makes it well less than desirable to want to touch them. I guess management doesn't ever look in the gym, if they did they would be appalled.

I contacted the GM with all of the issues except the gym cleanliness, and told him we were moving out of the hotel and going to another property "The Mansion". He offered to buy us dinner but we had plans, he asked us to give them a chance to rectify the issues I told him he had had 4 days and its one thing after another. He said he would look into the issues and get back to me, but he never did, once again shows how much they value there guests.

30 minutes later after hanging up with the GM, someone walked into our room unannounced and once they realized the room was occupied said sorry and left. We had no idea whom this person was and once again contacted management. Nobody likes unannounced company especially in a hotel room. They did send security up to try and figure out who it was that walked in but we never heard a peep from management.

All in all a less than stellar stay, and i have stayed at this property 8 - 9 times, watching it loose its luster slowly and painfully - Charlie Palmer and the staff at the restaurant are honestly the only reason I stay at the hotel. This once Gem of a hotel in Dallas is quickly losing its luster. Its pretty sad when I stay at a hotel for its restaurant.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business