“Lacking customer service”

Ramada Dallas Love Field
Ranked #148 of 206 Hotels in Dallas
Reviewed April 23, 2013

Motel is run down and dated. In a ghetto area. Air conditioner extremely loud. Front desk staff is either incompetent or lazy, and also rude. Advertised airport shuttle but did not have one available without a 2 hour wait. Better value elsewhere.

Room Tip: Choose a room at a different hotel.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank L A
RamadaDallasLove, General Manager at Ramada Dallas Love Field, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2013

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to let us know how your recent stay at the Ramada Dallas Love Field was. I am sorry that you had issues, but want to assure you that we are working on many different aspects of our property and our team.

We will be working with the staff on attitudes and the times of transportation. We do have set times for leaving the hotel, but when you arrive at Love Field Airport, we try to send the driver as soon as possible. These are issues that we will continue to work on and I hope that you will come back and give us another chance in the future.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Ramada
RamadaDallasLove, General Manager at Ramada Dallas Love Field, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2013

Reviewed April 4, 2013

This was my third time to stay at this hotel, and it will be my last time. The first time I stayed here it was not bad, but each time I have stayed here it has been worse than the previous time.
I had booked a king room for 3 nights, when we arrived we were given two room keys, one would not open the door at all (the end was cut off the card key) and the other opened the door once, but when we came back in with our luggage would not open the door again. We went to the front desk to advise of the problem and were told "there had been some problems recently with some door locks". We pointed out that the card key was cut and were told that was done to make it work better. We were given a new room key and tried that to no avail, eventually the man at the reception asked us if we would mind separate beds (this was a mini-honeymoon so of course we minded), he then grudgingly made two new room keys and took us to the room nearest to the reception desk and tried both keys before shoving them into my hand and walking off (he made me feel like I just did not know how to work a card key). Throughout our stay we had intermittent difficulties with our room keys, but did manage to get in each time after 15 to 20 tries.
The first morning we got a phone call at about 8am to the room from reception wanting to know who we were and what we were doing in the room, my husband explained who we were and about the room change the night before, seemingly the guy at the desk had not updated the computer to reflect that he had changed our room.
Breakfast we were told was available until 9.30 am, we went over just before 9am one morning, the hot food was gone, the coffee was gone and after we made one waffle that was gone too. We asked staff if there would be more food and were simply told "No, breakfast ends at 9.30"
Housekeeping did not visit our room the first day, and on the second they did not replace all the used toiletries (no new shower cap and not as many towels left) also the toilet paper was much lower quality than it was when I stayed two and a half months ago.
The location of our room was not good, everyone entering or leaving the hotel passed our door, every time the hotel shuttle was leaving we could hear the driver shouting for passengers, and several times we were woken early by the sound of dogs barking.
I will not be staying at this hotel again when there are many better hotels in the area to chose from, overall we were very disappointed with this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Thank you for taking the time to fill out TripAdvisor about your recent stay at the Ramada Inn Dallas Love Field. Our top goal is for guest satisfaction and your comments and suggestions are very important to us so that we can improve our product and our service. We want all of our guests to be happy with their stay and we seemed to have failed you on that. For that, I want to deeply apologize and assure you that your comments are not taken lightly.

I just took over the position of General Manager and I can assure you that with your comments and suggestions, we will be making every stride to improve our service and property so that hopefully you will come back to give us another chance to show you how we are improving.

Again, thank you for your comments and I hope to see you again at the Ramada Inn Dallas Love Field.

Reviewed March 24, 2013

The hotel was your norm. hotel. We where here for a cheer comp. at the convention center and their was a shuttle service provided, which we took and like just as well. The restraunt inside the hotel was gave crappy service. Granted their was only one person wateriness, it wasn't busy nor was it the speed of the service that ticked me off. The lady gave my husbands and mine order to the wrong people, I sat and watched her give my meal to a guy (whom I knew, girls on the same cheer team) and then she gave my husbands meal to another lady. But I sat and waited to see if maybe I was wrong (at worse we should get their order since it appeared we ordered the same thing), nothing came for us (our kids meal did come). Then I asked and she stated she did give our meals to the wrong people and the question of where the other order of wings and burgers went I don't know. Yes I understand she was the only one working, but it wasn't busy and that was no excuses to give someone else or food. The restraunt is also dreary inside, a ugly dungeon.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 23, 2013

It was my first time staying and I loved it. The property was clean, the staff was amazingly helpful and friendly. The room was well kept and clean, and the fridge had plenty of space to put your own items and beverages in it. The food was amazing and totally fresh. The tv was a flat screen, and lobby, dining area, and gym was really nice and updated. Even though the property was older in general, its very well maintained and has tons of updates. Also the location was super convenient to get to from the highway, but you couldnt hear highway traffic at all, so that was nice. I would definitely stay there again after such a great time!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple