“Nice Staff - But that is about it”

Ramada Dallas Love Field
Ranked #145 of 201 Hotels in Dallas
Austin, Texas
“Nice Staff - But that is about it”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2013

I recently stayed here because I had a late flight come into Love Field and then an early flight out - very close to the airport. The staff at this hotel is very nice and they were all very accomidating. With that said, the hotel is in major need of an update. Obviously there is nothing they can do about their location being a little scary (at the same time, great convienence to the DAL airport), but the nice updates that are in the lobby should carry throughout the hotel. The worst was my toilet seat wich was maybe an original from the 70s?

Finally, I was a little concerned when in my first floor room there was a sign on the door that said "This door has been permanently secured for your safety." Luckily when I looked out the window, there was a cop patrolling the parking lot at that very moment. Not the warmest welcome though when you arrive at a hotel at midnight.

Anyways, it all depends on what you are looking for. If you are not used to this type of hotel, I wouldn't recommend it. And once again, the staff was great and I am sure if I would have asked for a different room or something they would do what they could to provide that, although I am not sure there were any differences in rooms.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
RamadaDallasLove, Guest Relations Manager at Ramada Dallas Love Field, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share with us your thoughts about our hotel. I must agree with you about Good Times restaurant. We too love the food their. As far as the pet fee, thank you for bringing that to our attention. We will get that updated immediately. We thank you for staying at our hotel and hope you found great value.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Louisiana
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2013

We stayed 1 night at this hotel prior to flying out of Dallas Love Field. The hotel was clean, water pressure was good, and staff was friendly. While there was nothing spectacular looks-wise about this place, it provided perks that made it worth our stay. We were able to park our car at the hotel while we were on our trip (5 days) at no additional cost, and hotel transport took us to and from the airport at no additional cost. The one downside is that we had to wait a while for the hotel transport back to the hotel upon returning to Dallas (due to numerous convention goers arriving to stay at the hotel). Even if we had to take a taxi back to the hotel, we'd have considered our stay worth it given the savings on airport parking. We will definitely stay here again when flying out of Love Field.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
We thank you for taking the time to share with us your experience. We appreciate you choosing to Stay with Us and Hope To See You Again In The Future.

Cara Leising
Guest Service Manager
oklahoma
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2013

Even though I live in Oklahoma, I frequently fly out of Love Field but had never needed a hotel before.This hotel was the answer to all my needs. Stayed one night before my morning flight. Hotel was clean, quiet, and offered a good rate and breakfast. Best of all, their free shuttle took us to the airport. Left my car parked right next to the hotel safely for five days free of charge. Upon my return, the hotel told me the shuttle was between runs and it might take a while. So they had me take a cab back to their property AND reimbursed me for the fare. All the employees I encountered were friendly and helpful. Can't beat a deal this sweet!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
San Antonio, TX
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2013

I wanted to attend a workshop there in Dallas, so I browsed through the internet in hopes of finding a nice motel or hotel where I could stay the night. In doing so, I had read some good reviews on this particular motel "Ramada Dallas Love Field at 1575 Regal Row, Dallas, TX" so I booked a night (last night) and I totally regret it! Let me tell you my story:

I was given a price over the phone and gave my credit card in order to reserve my room, however when I arrived (approx. 2am this morning), the front desk clerk told me all he had was smoking and that my fee was more money than what I was quoted. Here I am exhausted from the travel, not knowing my way around this big city and just needing a nice, clean, comfortable place to stay. I told the man; "I reserved my room, I do not want "Smoking" please find me something else. He says to me; "No, have nothing else only smoking." I told him "No, please find something else I called and reserved my room, I have Asthma, and want a non-smoking." So he finally gave me something else ...

Well, I went up to my room and low and behold my key would not work so I had to come all the way back down and let him know. He went all the way back upstairs with me and was able to get in with a master key but not the others, he told me if I needed to get in and out to just go to the front desk until they could fix the key problem the next day.

I can hear the traffic on the highway all night long, plus the faucet dripping from the bathroom sink because apparently the washers need replacement or something else? Well, then when I go in to take my shower I find that the bathtub has a backup of some sort and the water would not go down; so I got that yucky back up water up to my ankles so I had to turn the water off so it could slowly go down then tried continuing to shower and the backup continued, so what a messy shower I had, yes, what a rough morning!

Then I called the front desk and requested to speak to a manager to let them know about the water backup and everything else I had been through, a lady by the name of "Shrada" was so rude to me over the phone. I told her; "I chose this place because I had seen good reviews "too bad I did not see the ones from this Trip Advisor goodness gracious!!!" Anyway, and I told her, I wanted to write a good review about this place but I have only had problems here. And that I am surprised they should even charge my card after all my inconvenience she said; "YES, WE HAVE ALREADY CHARGED YOUR CARD AND YOU CAN WRITE A REVIEW IF YOU WANT TO, THAT IS YOUR CHOICE!" And then she just hung up on me.

I proceeded downstairs to checkout and kindly asked what amount they would be charging (since I had been quoted incorrectly since I arrived I did not know what to expect next), well she was very rude now not just over the phone but in person at the desk. I told her; What if you were the customer and had gone through all of this inconvenience or your loved ones!" She just laughed in my face and I told her; "You're rude!" She said; "I'm rude" ha ha ha ha ha I'm rude, ha ha ha. I turned to my left and saw a gentleman at the front desk right next to her, he was helping a customer so I said; "Excuse me, may I speak to the manager." And he said; "I'm the manager." I got my receipt and waited for him to finish with his customer and then said; "May I speak to you in private." So he left the front desk area and we met outside in the hallway and I briefly said; "Your employee is rude." He said; "I saw that with my own eyes, I will talk with her!" He also said they were under new management and that everyone was walking on "egg shells, so to speak" because they were afraid to lose their jobs. I told him, that has no bearing on us as customers nor is that an excuse to treat customers in such a fashion. He agreed and said he would talk to her ....

All in all, I do not recommend this place to anyone!

When you are traveling whether for personal or business matters, you want to have a pleasant stay wherever you decide to go.

If you're given a price, they need to honor that price and not try to swindle you into some higher price.

If you reserved a room type, this too should be honored.

If customers complain because showers are backed up with dirty brown water coming back up into the tub, employees should not argue with their customers.

If the customer was not satisfied for any reason, the staff and/or management should listen to his/her concerns and try to fix the problem not get upset and treat customers with disrespect.

All this however, I surely did not find at this Ramada Inn, much less with this employee "Shrada," so while we all have reasons for traveling .... I hope you find a better place to stay in Dallas, than I did here. I personally will never stay there again!

Good Luck on your motel or hotel search in Dallas! May you find better luck than I did!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Gahanna
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2013

Agree with others,staff friendly and very helpful,close to airport i was there in minutes via the shuttle.Had dinner there and it was good. Only draw back the traffic can be somewhat noisey. I will stay there again on next trip.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business