“Customer Service Above and Beyond...”

Candlewood Suites Dallas-By the Galleria
Ranked #93 of 203 Hotels in Dallas
Las Vegas
“Customer Service Above and Beyond...”
Reviewed March 22, 2010

I had a problem connecting to the internet. The front desk clerk was very attentive, but after replacing the cable, the modem and eventually changing rooms, the problem persisted. The next day another staff member asked if the problem had been resolved, I told him it wasn't but was able to use their computer in the pantry. He came by and looked at my computer and discovered that it was not confirgured correctly for the ethernet. With a few clicks he solved my problem!

Excellent customer service!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank pillz

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Daphne, Alabama
Reviewed March 14, 2010

Two elderly aunts and I stayed 2 nights for a family event. We all had our own rooms and were perfectly happy with the cleanliness and the comfy beds. I slept very well both nights. Nothing fancy, nothing negative, good AAA rate of $63. Easy access from/to I-635. Enjoyed the easy walk to Galleria. Hotel offers "Candlewood Value" room that has internet/printer (free), plus washers/dryers, work-out equip and an honor system panry for all sorts of things like pop tarts, bananas, apples, juice, sode, milk, canned soup/tuna, gum, candy bars, toiletries, etc.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank NNMinAL
Hampton, Virginia
Reviewed November 12, 2009

The hotel appears average. I think I got bug bite on my foot the first night. The second night I got another 2 bug bites on a different locations. I developed rashes for 2 weeks. I wonder if the bites were from bed bugs.... I've gotten bed bugs bites before in Asia, and these are so similar.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled solo
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed October 18, 2009

I stayed at the Candlewood on a Friday night. The hotel was very clean, was in a great location (several blocks to the Galleria, less than 2 miles from the Addison restaurants. Super convenient to get on the North Dallas tollway. Full size refrigerator, cooktop and microwave. Comfortable bed. Wired and wireless high speed. No complaints at all. On this trip I paid less to stay at the Candlewood with all the amenities than I did for some dumps on the side of the freeway. Highly recommended.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled solo
Valencia, CA
Reviewed October 8, 2008

Room had full kitchen and hotel had FREE guest laundry with 4 machines. No breakfast. Paid $125 for Sunday night with AAA. Front desk seemed understaffed. About a one mile walk to the Galleria and a few other restaurants. We wound up at Paradise Cafe. Soups, salads, sandwiches. Hotel is freeway close. This worked well for our one night in Dallas.

• Liked — Free guest laundry, close to freeway, reasonably close to restaurants and shopping
  • Disliked — Front desk understaffed, not knowledgeable on directions
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
Dallas
Reviewed October 17, 2007

I am actually still staying here, and I can tell you that since the latest reviews on THIS site, they have changed a lot.

New beds (VERY comfortable), high speed internet, recliner, DVD player, CD player, fitness center, and pretty big closet space for a hotel.

My only negative comment is : The shower pressure is... odd. It's high enough to be comfy, but I think I'm just picky about my shower. Hot water!

Very quiet! In a good location.

• Liked — Price
  • Disliked — Shower head
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Nashville
Reviewed July 5, 2007

I got the hotel thru hotwire usually when i reserve with them the rating was pretty good. This time they missed it. They give candlewood hotel 2.5 but it is a 1 star hotel. Dirty room, leaky air condition and restroom fan is not function. I asked to chage to another room they said i have to wait 4 hours. I paid the full amount and i do not have any choice to finish the remainder of my two days stay here. I alredy have staffy nose and headache. DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL PERIOD.

Stayed July 2007