Candlewood Suites Dallas-By the Galleria
Omni Dallas Hotel(Dallas)
$184
$169
  • Restaurant
All reviewsgalleria mallfree laundryfront deskshopping and restaurantsan extended stayspacious bathroomfull kitchencomfortable stayexcellent locationcupboardbernietoiletries
Reviewed July 17, 2013

I was staying in this hotel for around 3 months for client visit next to Galleria mall.
Walk able distance.
Quite neighborhood as this is a bit away from highway and tollway.
Nearby mall for eating and getting good stuff.
Bank is nearby as well.
Service was good and clean hotel it was.
The only trouble I had was the windy climate.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Himanshu K
Staci C, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Dallas-By the Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2013

Dear himkaktwan2002,

Thank you for the positive feedback. We value your business and look forward to your continued loyalty.

Thanks Again!

Reviewed June 23, 2013

We had been to this Candlewood a long time ago. As we needed to stay in this area again, and had such great service here, we decided to stay here again. And boy are we glad we did. When we got here, we were delighted to learn that this property has just went through a complete renovation! Its like a new hotel. The outside and all around the building were freshly redone and was very clean. All the staff that we came in contact with were the absolute best. Helpful, nice. They just wanted to bend over backwards to help us. Check-in and check-out was very quick. We still just cant get over all you get in these rooms! We got a one bedroom. Everything was new. The bedroom had a walk-in closet, dresser, end table, and its own flat screen T.V. Very comfortable bed.The bathroom is large with a great shower and shower head. Very large mirror. Hair dryer. The living room has couch, easy chair, walk-in closet and flat screen with cable. We LOVED the bar that separates the living room and kitchen. It serves as a work or eating station. Now the kitchen. This kitchen has everything you would have at home. Full size fridge. Dishwasher, microwave, coffee maker, cooktop, cutting board, pots and pans, silverware, and serving and cook utensils. You could cook and serve a meal for 4 and not bring anything but the food! You also get free parking and free wifi! There is a business center and exercise room. Then there is the cupboard as they call it. This room gives you 24 hr. free coffee and free use of washers and dryers! There is also all sorts of everyday items that you use or eat that can be purchased. Drinks, snacks, food Without ever leaving the property. Most people don't realize that you can get rooms here for one night if you want to. Its not just for extended stays. We will definitely be back. Great job Candlewood!!!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mur018

Dear Mur018,

We really appreciate your business and the positive feedback. Your review reflects our efforts to make our guests feel special and that they have a "home away from home".
I will be sure to share your comments with the Team and should your travels bring you to the Dallas area in the future we sure hope to see you again.

Many Thanks!

Reviewed June 8, 2013

Stayed here for 4 weeks and was pretty much standard fare for a Candlewood. It's in a good location and is cheaper than the Embassy Suites next door. All the staff were friendly save for one of the night clerks. He was a taller, hispanic man who was quite rude on a couple of occasions and a bit on the smug side. Which is puzzling considering the fact that he's a hotel clerk for a living. In any event, the place will do the job. Not great but you could certainly do worse.

Room Tip: As always, try and get a top floor. And DO NOT FORGET YOUR KEY CARD after hours as there is no way to get back into the hotel if you do.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank tatuicu
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Dallas-By the Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded June 30, 2013

Dear tatuicu,

Thank you for your review of our property. I am pleased to note that you liked our location.

I appreciate your compliment regarding our staff but I am truly sorry for any inconvenience you had with one of our staff. Your opinion, as every single guest, is very important to us and serves us as an advise, reward and motivation for the future.

Once again thank you for your feedback and we are looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

Dhan M
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed May 15, 2013

I recently stayed here for 6 weeks and was very impressed with the recent renovations. The rooms were very tasteful and roomy and I slept so well. The big pluses were the free guest laundry and the customer service. Dondi and Staci were always so friendly and attentive along with the rest of the staff. If my business sends me to Dallas again, I know where I will request to stay. I travel constantly for work and I am looking forward to staying at other Candlewood Suites.
The location was also ideal - next to shopping and restaurants. Thanks again for the amazing stay!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Javier C
Staci C, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Dallas-By the Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2013

Dear Javier C,

Best Regards,

Reviewed May 9, 2013 via mobile

So I came to this hotel for a business trip. From outward appearances, it looked like a nice place to stay for the few weeks that I was out here. However, when I got to my room, I noticed little black bugs crawling all over the desk an countertop. I immediately went to the front desk. I told the young man that there was bugs in my room. His response: "oh yeah. We know about that." WHAT?!!! I looked at him and said "so you knew there were bugs in that room and you assigned it to me anyway?" I guess he realized that he slipped up because he immediately apologized and offered me another room. He mentioned that Orkin would be there soon to eliminate the problem. Too late, my friend. The damage was already done. And I have to mention that I'm traveling with a group of 5 and 3 of us have had to change rooms since we arrived two days ago. Not a good track record at all.

• Stayed: May 2013
Staci C, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Dallas-By the Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2013

Dear Cahanson,

We value your feedback and appreciate your business.

We realize you have options and are pleased that you chose to stay with us.

We regret that your stay was unpleasant and want to assure you that we do not have a pest problem at this hotel. We have a routine maintenance program with reputable pest control company as this is Texas and we occasionally experience visits from ants.

You mentioned that 2 other people in your group also changed rooms. I hope that you and your group found your new rooms satisfactory and enjoyed the rest of your stay.

Thank you for your review and we hope to see you again.

Best Regards,