Candlewood Suites Dallas-By the Galleria
$110
$99
$169
  • Pool
Magnolia Hotel Dallas-Park Cities(Dallas)(Great Value!)
$149
$155
$150
HotelsClick
  • Pool
All reviewsgalleria mallfree laundryfront deskshopping and restaurantsan extended stayspacious bathroomfull kitchencomfortable stayexcellent locationcupboardbernietoiletries
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 13, 2012

We are relocating to Dallas, and my husband needed somewhere to stay for about 10 days. I read all the reviews on extended-stay places (those with kitchenettes) and chose this hotel. There were no reviews for this hotel that mentioned roaches like many of the others. He checked in first, and then I joined him a few days later. The location is excellent as you are right at the Dallas North Tollway. However, he hadn't even checked in yet when he called to tell me that I wouldn't want to stay. It turned out to be OK, but you should be aware.

The Good: The staff are friendly, and he was able to get checked in without issue. The room itself was small but nice. Everything you need including kitchen, big closet, nice comfy bed, bathroom, and a little desk. Plenty of outlets for computers or charging phones plus free Wifi. The laundry facilities are free. This is a big plus for people who will be here for an extended stay.

The Bad: The lobby smells like BO. I'm not talking a little stink. I mean the kind that makes you hold your breath and run out the door for fresh air. The kind you smell on a public bus in tropical heat surrounded by people who haven't bathed in a month. I can't imagine why it smells like that but it does. It's like they let the rankest homeless people they can find sleep in the lobby. Our room (on the third floor) did not have any smell, but I don't know if the first floor rooms get the stank or not. The TV is old, and the rooms are old. Not necessarily run down, but you will feel that it's older. I think the refurb scheduled for later this month will help with that. The fitness center is, for lack of a better word, busted. One treadmill is stuck in the max incline position. The elliptical doesn't turn on. I ran on the other treadmill, but it's shaky. Made me feel like I could pitch sideways at any moment.

Overall, if you can get a good rate and stay on an upper level then it's probably worth it. Just be prepared to hold your breath when you enter or exit.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Staci C, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Dallas-By the Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2013

We appreciate your feedback and value your business. We are happy to announce that we have completed a $1.8 Million Dollar renovation of the hotel in December 2012.
We hope that if you have hotel needs in the future you will consider us again.
Best Regards!

Reviewed October 5, 2012

Had some work going on at home, so had to stay away for one night. As member of IHC Club, thought this would be OK place for overnighter. Way wrong! It's a dump - inside and out! Rooms are very small and everything in them is dated and worn out. I was afraid to sit on the bedspread!
In hindsight, should have asked for refund and moved on down the road.

Room Tip: Keep driving. There are other hotels nearby.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank BetsyandScott
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Dallas-By the Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2012

Dear BetsyandScott,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and reviewing our property. Let me take this opportunity to apologize for the inconvenience you experienced. It is certainly not our intent to inconvenience our valued customers, but to instead provide good value, comfortable, clean and friendly accommodations. In addition, we are under going renovations to make your future stay more comfortable and pleasurable. We hope to get a chance of hosting you again and show you how great our hotel is.

Karen G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed September 10, 2012

This was my second visit to this hotel in a few years. This stay was not as good as a few years ago. I felt that the staff was not as friendly as years pass, and the location was great a always coming into north dallas. I have been a platium member for over 17 years and was unable to get the suite upgrade. But the candlewood brand has been good to me over years with the amount of travel that i do. I will be in Dallas for about eight months and i am still thinking on if i am going to call and get a better rate for long term stay. Candlewood again has been great for me before it came under IHG brand. Would i stay here again: Yes.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
4  Thank WorldTraveler2492
Reviewed September 7, 2012

I just returned from a 5 day stay at this Candlewood Suites and know that I will return to this location on my future trips to the Dallas area. The price was great, with an online special I was able to stay here for 5 nights for $280.00. Location was great, just a short walk to the Galleria and quick drive to many locations, as well as the train to downtown Dallas. The staff was always polite and helpful. I was greeted every time I walked by the desk or passed staff members on the property. The gym is a little worn, but I was still able to get in a work-out before starting my day.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed August 4, 2012

This is my first time ever staying at a Candlewood Suites Hotel. Well I stayed here only for one night and let me tell you. I enjoyed my stay and I would stay here again if I ever had the chance. Close to shopping at the Galleria Mall and other shops.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo