“Worse than most HI express”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Dallas Park Central Northeast
Ranked #93 of 205 Hotels in Dallas
Reviewed September 20, 2011

The features & exterior look like most Holiday Inn Expresses, but my room was really run-down. The lamp was broken, the carpet the dirtiest I have ever seen, and the bath in need of renovation. On the plus side, it was only $75 and the location was convenient for me. WiFi was free and good.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Dallas Park Central Northeast

Reviewed August 5, 2011

This hotel has great "continental" breakfasts that include pancakes/hotcakes, scrambled eggs, bacon or sausage, as well as the toast and cereal, muffins etc that are normally in a continental breakfast! Also, Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday evenings they had "social evenings" where they supplied, for free, finger foods like wings, ribs, fries and 2 "beverages"! The staff were really friendly, the rooms were very clean, the pool was a great place to cool off during the 106 F days! Also, the location is great, as it is just off of the LBJ Freeway. There are 6 good restaurants all within walking distance (Outback Steakhouse, Red Lobster, Olive Garden, Whiskers Catfish Buffet, Jack-in-the-Box, and our favorite - Cheddars, which is just out the back door of the hotel!) I would certainly stay there again if we were in Dallas! Also, the Allen Outlet mall was 15 minutes away! Cowboys Stadium (and Rangers Stadium) is about a 45 minute drive - Six Flags Amusement Park and Hurricane Harbor Waterpark are out by the Stadium as well.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed June 16, 2011

I called and blocked rooms for this hotel as it was centrally located for the events leading up to and the wedding of our daughter. We were given an excellent rate, all of the employees were nice and helpful, and our guests were comfortable and happy. Some of the guests used the pool and spa, and everyone enjoyed the complimentary breakfast. We will definitely stay here again when we visit Dallas.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 17, 2010

This is a very well run Holiday Inn Express. Very clean, friendly staff, quiet, great Internet, good choice of nearby restaurants, nice breakfast, upgraded suite was large and well set up for working. Rates were a few dollars more than typical peer properties, but no complaints!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank jim_julian
Reviewed May 12, 2010

I usually only think to write a review if I had a bad experience, to warn others. But I liked my stay at the Holiday Inn Express so much that I decided to write a positive review. The place succeeded on every level for me. The service was first-rate - every worker has a nice greeting for you. The rooms are nicely appointed, are very clean, and the beds were so comfortable. And the complimentary touches were great - a free american hot buffet breakfast awaits you when you get up - eggs, bacon, cereal, bagels, and fruit - and you even get free drinks at happy hour along with hot appetizers. The price was excellent. And the location was surrounded by major restuarant chains within walking distance , close to anything you'd need to get to. I would definitely come back. This was one of the best Holiday inn Express i had stayed in long time.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed March 6, 2010

This hotel ranks above many I've used in the past that cost far more. The place was convenient to everything (including our HQ). It was kept immaculately clean. The staff was outstanding to deal with. I felt like I was in a 5 star resort. My room was quiet and comfortable. The hotel even arranged to have us picked up by limo (on their dime) at our HQ since their shuttle stopped service at 6pm. And on the day we were leaving our Yellow Checker Shuttle never showed up to take us to the airport. On a last second request the manager allowed one of the staff to take us 17 miles to DFW without charge! We still tipped the driver well for saving our butts and getting us to DFW on time. I am having everyone in my agency stay there from now on. This is what service is all about.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed October 22, 2008

The hotel I am told had been renovated and it looked fine to me. The breakfast was also ok. The hot food was hot and the cold food was cold. It was a decent selection for that type of breakfast service and someone was on hand to keep it stocked and tidy. The room was clean and I had no problems with it. The couch in my room which was a suite was a bit outdated but not a problem for me. I did not have a problem with noise either. The MAIN problem was the STALE smell. Obviously there are smokers being allowed to smoke in the nonsmoking rooms and nothing is being done about it. Thist was clear once I stepped off the elevator. This was too bad. Get rid of the smell and people will come. For now, if you are not a smoker and cannot stand the smell....go somewhere else. IT is too strong to ignore.

Stayed: October 2008