“Great Room and Great customer service!!!”

Motel 6 Dallas Northwest
Ranked #138 of 206 Hotels in Dallas
Reviewed October 19, 2012

The customer service we received at this hotel was amazing! Fast, easy check-in and very friendly. The rooms are all suites and very clean and comfortable. The indoor pool area was very nice and our daughter had a great time swimming! One of the best, if not THE BEST, Motel 6's that I've been in!!! Thanks.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
7  Thank Austin S

Reviewed July 8, 2012

You get what you pay for. If you're looking for a cheap place to stay in the area, it's not too bad. You might be able to find something better for just a bit more if you look.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Cody S
Reviewed July 5, 2012

i stayed here for 2 nights in oct 2011 and one night they had a drunk guest in the hallway yelling. it was taken care of quickly.
i stayed again for 1 night in may 2012 and it was a wonderful experience. we lved that the pool was indoor. the desk clerk is friendly
the downside of the hotel is they seem to allow a few guests to "live" there and the children were constantly wondering the hallway. and the carpet could be shampooed but other that than for the price it was a good experience.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank DaniElla B
Reviewed March 10, 2012

I've stayed at a motel 6 before and really enjoyed it, so this trip I booked another motel 6. When I arrived I had to wait 2 hours to get room because the hotel was full. now once I got a room the place was nice until the next morning I saw a roach in the bathroom so I killed it. I told the manager and he did move me to another room and promised to refund me some of my room fee back. The new room was nice, but I saw another roach in light in the bathroom the next day. I did received my discount for the room, but I would not stay at that motel 6 again. 2380 W Northwest Hwy, Dallas, TX 75220. Don't stay at this motel 6 unless you like roaches.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Altov36
Reviewed August 17, 2011

Pros:
Large room
Super comfortable bed
Microwave
Mini-fridge

Cons:
Overflowing toilet
Dingy, stained towel
A/C stuck on so the room was too cold
No coffee pot in the room
No hair dryer
No alarm clock
No iron/ironing board
No complimentary toiletries except soap (others available in a vending machine)
Hot tub spa was green and disgusting but no "out of order" sign posted
Strong wifi signal, but internet was slow and cut out several times

There are really too many cons to list. I would never stay at this location again. I overheard a hotel guest complaining at the front desk about a laptop being stolen from their room. The front desk manager was watching security tapes to try to determine what happened. I made a mental note to take my laptop with me whenever I left the room!

The worst situation I saw was housekeeping had children going into the rooms with them! I saw a boy about 8 years old and a girl around 4 years old. There is no way those children could be properly supervised if the housekeeper was doing her job. The kids could have been into the guest's luggage, personal items, etc. God forbid that one of those children would get into a guest's medication! It is completely inexcusable for children to be in the rooms with the housekeeper! This situation will be reported to Motel 6 Corporate.

This property used to be a La Quinta. It has potential to be a really nice budget hotel. Sadly, it doesn't appear that it's on the right track. Don't be fooled by the "new location" label on the Motel 6 website regarding this property.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed July 5, 2011

Read reviews about this Motel 6 as being brand new (not one that was another hotel before) and was expecting a new one. The clerk at the front desk was helpful when checking in but when we were struggling to open the front doors with our hands full he was standing by the front doors and just watched without offering to help. The beds were new and very comfortable. The sheets and blankets were very clean and white but the bed cover when pulled back there was a huge (size of an apple) burned hole on the inside of it. The room was extremely hot when we arrived at 8pm and it took till midnight to cool it down. The floors felt uneven, the bathroom was so-so. I just wouldn't recommend this hotel/motel to anyone of my friends or family.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 21, 2010

The staff was EXCEPTIONAL. After arriving late at night from a horrible trip ( I was trying to break the record for cancelled and rerouted flights in one day) I was greeted by a pleasant and helpful staff. The next morning the staff offered to print my boarding passes and were helpful with local directions and a few items I needed. Great breakfast--not just carbs like a lot of places. The room was clean and comfortable. Also a great price. But beware there is no shuttle service. Not an issue for me but the website does need to be updated.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple