“One Great Hotel”

Ranked #65 of 201 Hotels in Dallas
West Des Moines, Iowa
“One Great Hotel”
Reviewed January 26, 2011

We go to Dallas twice a year, we found this hotel 3 years ago and we will never stay anywhere else. Free airport shuttle, free market shuttle, a great breakfast buffet, free happy hour and very reasonable rates If there is a problem the manager is right there to take care of it and for the most part the staff is very friendly
highly recommend it

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank floraltouch

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Mpls, MN
Reviewed November 7, 2010

This hotel is located right off 35E and North Northwest Highway Exit.
Very busy street with high traffic from highway. Very noisy during rush hour.
Hotel is not in a very friendly part of Dallas. You will need a car to get around.
Signs posted telling you to lock your car.
Hotel staff not always friendly or cordial, especially the front desk.
Hotel offers shuttle service weekly to either Walgreens, Target or Albertsons.
Hotel offers a free breakfast. Breakfast buffet not that great. Same food items everyday.
Hotel does have security, but not always visible. Anyone can walk thru the front door.
Hotel does have an on site restaurant along with Finish line Bar/Restaurant and an IHOP next door.
Rooms are small, outdated and in need of repair. Mold on the bathroom walls, stains on the carpet and fresh linens not always available. Comfy beds/Firm pillows.
There is a small fitness center, small outdoor pool and one vending machine on site.

• Stayed October 2010
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed October 30, 2010

I was looking for a hotel that had a free shuttle to Love Field and this is the one I chose. The hotel was CLEAN, the staff was FRIENDLY, the room was spotless, the bed was sooo comfortable. This is the hotel I plan on staying at if and when I ever return to the Dallas area. The only thing I will suggest is a more friendly shuttle driver!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Houston
Reviewed October 26, 2010

I loved this hotel. The GM was walking around greeting everyone, The staff was smiling and acted as if they truely loved their jobs. It was nice to stay at a hotel that was eager to help, ask how my stay was and if they needed to do anything to make my stay better. Wonderful beds, slept like a baby, and it was a safe atmosphere. Thanks So Much!! I would recommend this hotel to everyone.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Yantis, Texas
Reviewed October 16, 2010

We stayed for two nights and were treated like royalty. The rates are very reasonable, especially since you get free happy hour drinks at their bar and a full breakfast the next morning! If you go you must stop in at the bar and see "Bif". He will make your stay quite enjoyable. The manager "Perry" will greet you with open arms. When we go to Dallas in the future, this will definitely be our home away from home.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank frazier2
Dallas
Reviewed October 6, 2010

I travel the country continuously and stay in 5 star hotels across the nation, except when in Dallas, because I have found 5 star treatment at a 4 star hotel. The MCM Elegante is by far my favorite hotel to stay in. I have never recieved customer service to the likes of the MCM Elegante. The staff is genually concerned about your stay and are continuously checking to make sure you are happy and comfortable. How many hotels have you stayed in where the General Manager is actually there to greet you and insure that your stay is above expectation as you head out the door early in the morning? The MCM Elegante is the only hotel where I have had this experience. The rooms are beyond comfortable, the food is excellent, and the service uncomparable. I don't just highly recommend this hotel, I would not stay in any other in the Dallas area.
Thanks,
Jeff R.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank JeffRDallas
San Marcos, Texas
Reviewed October 5, 2010

I work for a major university in Texas. This is the third year we have used this hotel and it keeps getting better. I have never been met with anything but a smile, the sales staff is amazing, I litterally do nothing once I book this hotel and provide them with guests names for the billing. Our rooms are ready on time they are properly booked and after they did the conference the first time they ask if are there any changes each year and then run with it. We were there September 29-October 2, 2010 and yes I have already booked the space for 2011.
The Banquet manager and his staff are the best I have found in the business. We do five trainings in six weeks around the state and I challange all of the other hotels to meet or beat this service and no one can. The rooms are set up on time all of the time and the setup is to our exact specifications, the breaks arrive fresh and hot a few minutes early every time, no one even notices when they refresh the breaks. The after lunch break is set when we return to the room every time. The breaks are the freshest fruit and pastries and the most amazing cookies, cookie bars, and brownies you will ever put in your mouth, you have to try the lemon bars.
I use Hilton's, Omni's, Doubletree's and Embassy Suites and no one can beat the service at the MCM Elegante' in Dallas.
The rooms are very clean, the entire staff is wonderful and it is a good location for business, close to the airports and highways.
The restaurant has really good well prepared food. They have a great morning breakfast buffet and the food is fresh and hot, and it is free when you stay, no donuts and stale coffee here.
I even had a staff member that became ill, my banquet manager got a grilled cheese sandwich and a cup of soup made for her and had it delivered to her room with a bottle of water. You can't do any better unless you are traveling with your Mom...
It is an older hotel and yes, I can see a few things in the guest rooms that could use a little repair, maybe the wallpaper was not patched perfect or maybe the shower needs work, but if you tell the front desk it will be fixed when you return. Doesn't the service make up for a few small flaws in how perfect the building is?
I wish I was getting married again so I could see what these folks could do with a wedding, I bet it would be awesome.
Give this place a chance.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business