“Nice hotel”

Ranked #67 of 203 Hotels in Dallas
Little Rock, Arkansas
“Nice hotel”
Reviewed December 6, 2013 via mobile

Okay so this is a nice hotel. The only problem is, is that the airlines booked us a room there when our flight was cancelled but it was quite far from the airport like 15-20 minutes. There were other closer options but when I got into the room the beds were very very comfortable room was clean they had Starbucks coffee and four pillows on each bed. Let me tell you what I am one person who likes the Heavenly Bed & this one didn't come too far from it.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank jrsplorer

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Reviewed November 17, 2013

We stayed at the MCM Elegante on 11/16. When we bought our concert tickets we looked under AAC Guest Services to see what hotels were nearby. Most of the downtown hotels appeared to be sold out for that night so as we worked our way down the list we saw the MCM Elegante. What sold us on this hotel was that they provided a free shuttle to and from the AAC Center, all included in the price! We booked the Concierge Floor (8th floor) that was only accessible by your room key using the code AAC. The room was fairly big and was clean...it even had a keurig for coffee the next morning. The concierge floor had a small bar area that included some seating, a tv, desktop computer and copy machine. It also included a free happy hour (wine, beer, pop) from 5 to 7 which included some small hors d'œuvres. Karen (the bartender) was helpful in guiding me around the drinks, food and answering my questions. Upon check-in we also received 4 drink coupons to use downstairs in the lobby bar but we didn't use them as we just stayed on our floor.

Our concert was at 8 and the shuttle left promptly at 6 p.m. Our shuttle price was included in our room (since we used the AAC code), but for others it was $10 per person. We were dropped off almost right in front of the North Entrance and would also meet at the same place to be picked up. The concert was over and while we waited about 30-45 minutes it was a small price to pay for not having to drive!

A hot breakfast was included in our package and we received two coupons for it. On the 8th floor was a small breakfast set up that included fruit, muffins, bagels, eggs, hashbrowns, orange juice and milk. You could make a plate and take back to your room if you wanted. We chose to go downstairs and eat in the restaurant. They had biscuits and gravy, eggs, hashbrowns, bacon, sausage, pancakes, fruit, orange juice, milk and coffee. I also saw oatmeal, cereal and malt-o-meal as well. However you weren't able to take your plates up to your room but there was more selection.

Overall we were very happy with this hotel. We are planning on taking more trips in the future and will be sure to book here!

Room Tip: Absolutely go with the concierge floor. It was well worth the small upcharge.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank spinegirly13
Salem CT
Reviewed October 31, 2013

great location, nice evening desk person, not so nice in the am .. that's only downfall .. great room, free Hot breakfast, free airport shuttle !! couldn' t have asked for better
thanks for the overnight stay

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Judy T
Beaumont, Texas
Reviewed October 22, 2013

Nice hotel but a little old and dated. . Lounge furniture was once good quality but old leather and had a lot of cracks and worn places but still very comfortable. Carpet needs cleaned in all the hallways too. The bar was cozy and inviting and the bar tender was extra helpful in making you feel welcome and gave us alot of advice on places to eat and things to do and see. We really enjoyed the free happy hour and just relaxing in the bar each evening. Our room was by the pool and because it was on the floor level it had a lot of road noise from the freeway and people talked all night long because our window was next to a parking lot for the back of the hotel . We did move to an upper floor by the pool and the room was much quieter. I would reccomended this hotel . The breafast was also very nice and came with our room. Great food and many choices.

Room Tip: Upstairs rooms by the pool are very spacious and very nice. No outside noise.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Tapa125
Rison, Arkansas
Reviewed October 15, 2013

I hosted a 4-day training event at this hotel. The sales and catering staff were awesome. Ditto for front desk and other service staff. The beds are comfortable and affordable. The complimentary full breakfast was awesome and saved me a lot of money by not having to order breakfast for my training attendees. The suite I stayed in was huge and well-appointed. The room rates were awesome, especially for Dallas. Meeting space was reasonably priced. The property was spotless, a rarity for hotels. We had "working lunch" brought into the training room each day. It was superb. The salad tasted as if the staff had picked the produce right before making our lunches. Since this stay, I have stayed at 2 other MCM Elegante' hotels. They're my favorite hotel chain. (P.S. I wish they would open a location in my hometown - Little Rock, AR - where I conduct several training sessions a year.)

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Odessa
Reviewed October 15, 2013

We have an Elegante where I'm from and I've always wanted to stay there. The commercials made it sound sooooo great. When my husband wanted to go Dallas I quickly thought of this place. It's true...the beds really did give us the best nights sleep. So good that my kids actually stayed in there own beds(for thoughs who have kids who get up in the middle of the night and climb into bed with you, you should know what I mean). We lucked out and got put onto the concierge floor. I loved how they have a set up right outside your room (for breakfast and happy hour). As all toddlers are curious and can't help but wonder off, I found the concierge floor to be helpful. I can keep my kids in the room, with my husband of course, and serve them and my self and take it back to our room. Concierge breakfast consist of cold cereals, bagels/muffins, fresh fruit, bacon, eggs, hasbrowns,coffee and juice. The little lady (with the glasses) that sets up is extremely sweet and helpful and makes you feel as if you have known her for a long time. Happy hour downstairs in the bar is awesome. They can put together just about anything you want. Happy Hour on the concierge floor consist of bottled beer and wine. Our room was a pretty good size and the smell of the room was very lemony :). The restroom was a good size and the water pressure was excellent. Next time we stay I will definitely request concierge level. The staff were very helpful with all the questions we had. We were in town for the Cowboys game and took the hotel shuttle round trip for $40 a person...no charge for kids. This was still cheaper than taking a cab which they were charging $75 one way. We were very pleased with our stay at this hotel.

Room Tip: Those who have kids, I recommend the concierge level.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Veronica C
Derby, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 9, 2013

I wasn't sure what to expect with this hotel from mixed reviews but it was a good price and was located in a central place for all of the things we wanted to do in Dallas. The hotel itself is a bit dated but our room was clean. The air con unit was so noisy that we had to turn it off and the curtains only stayed closed with a paperclip holding them together. Other than those things, which didn't really bother us as it wasn't too hot, it was fine. The complimentary breakfast was fine. Not as nice as other hotels we stayed in, but it was free and had a range of hot and cold items so no complaints. Having spent two weeks touring Texas and staying in many different hotels, we found the staff at MCM to be the least friendly. For us the location was excellent. It was a short drive to downtown, Southfork and the Dallas Cowboys stadium and took around 40 minutes to get to Fort Worth (which if we ever visited the area again, we would stay there as there just seemed so much more to do). The hotel is on a busy highway but we didn't hear any noise from the traffic and there was a handy gas station next door. We didn't use the pool or hotel bar.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple