“Honest review”

Ranked #75 of 203 Hotels in Dallas
Dallas, Texas
“Honest review”
Reviewed October 27, 2012

I do not believe the negative reviews. First the staff is extremely professional. The hotel is very clean. Initially, I was disappointed b/c i reserved a nonsmoking room and was given a smoking room. Of course it was unpleasant but fine for a smoker. The room was very nice. The staff reroomed me to the cabana suite as reserved. The rooms are tuscan style ,good quality bedroom furniture with excellent linens. The hotel has tasteful decor thru out the lobbies. It is an older hotel but well kept. Location is close to downtown . My only comment to the hotel is keep the upgraded reservations from other online companies as it may be the first and last time a customer will come as a downgrade will hurt your business.

Room Tip: Be sure to ask if your reservation is what you expected if using online
1 Thank Giveup1

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Reviewed October 25, 2012

Believe the other negative reviews you have read. This "hotel" is beyond nasty and does not deserve its star rating. My room was crawling with large cockroaches and when I notified the front desk, the front desk assistant said "I'm actually not surprised." I demanded a refund and was given the runaround. No apology was offered. No offer was made to move me to another room. I checked out immediately and will never stay here again. Avoid this place at all costs!

3 Thank V1701E
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Reviewed October 17, 2012

So, first of all I can't complain because I was staying there for free.... well not for free, but the company who hired me paid it all. I were there the last two weeks and it was very good. Never been in Texas before so this was a whole new experience. Restaurants food was delicious all days, I would recommend a bit more variety for breakfast since every day was the same thing. Agent at the front desk were always great, phone calls were always answered very fast. Personnel from the restaurant were the best since they were always welcoming with a smile and GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE. Shuttle employees were also great, always caring for all clients not to fall at moment of getting off the bus. All of them seems like they truly cared for us, and there's nothing better than that. So, costumer service was great, food was great.. the facilities are good... laundry not that good but hey, at least they have one. Couldn't use the pool since it was very cold so I cannot tell if pool was good or not. Rooms!! They were always neat, clean and all my stuff were on the place I left them, this people are very trustworthy (which is a +plus). I almost didn't use the Tv in the room that much because a was on business traveling but the few times I did, it was GOOOOD. Coffee maker, Starbucks Coffee so that rocks! I'm a Big Coffee Lover.....

So the thing that I didn't like is that I had a teammate who was staying alone (not like me, I was with another girl as roommate) but he, he had a room all for himself, he had the tv, desk (which we had also), coffee maker, a REFRIGERATOR and a MICROWAVE. So those kind of rooms REALLY ROCKS!!

Anyways, overall it was pretty good.

Room Tip: Of course, the One Bed Room.
Tahlequah, OK
Reviewed September 20, 2012

I travel a LOT. I stay here when I go to Dallas and I enjoy this hotel. I knew I was coming here again and got online to check out reviews of the site. I saw Patrick K's review and found it out of sorts for what I have experienced here. This was my 6th stay here. SO, here are the facts from my perspective.

First, the kind of traveler I am. I don't care about flash and pomp.
What I want from a hotel:
Free Internet (Really, what are the hotels who don't give free internet thinking?)
Free Breakfast
Quiet environment
Decent bed with a decent comforter (Hate those brown soft flimsy blankets)
Decent flat screen TV
Decent shower with hot water and nice water pressure.

Extras that I enjoy:
Fridge
Microwave
Decent food nearby.
Managers special (Food or drinks)

The MCM Elegante. Checking in was fast and the desk staff were friendly and helpful. Got to my room and it was clean and tidy. With a microwave and fridge.

I arrived around 4 PM. Having been there before I knew happy hour began at 5 PM. The bartender (Biff I think is his name) is always very friendly and makes a good Colorado Bulldog. I always get a coupon from the hotel and take that to the bar and get 4 free top shelf drinks. Beer, mixed drinks, shots, anything. It ends at 6:30 PM. Sat at the bar, it was nice and quiet, a couple of groups of people chatting, real laid back. I went out to eat at Studio Movie Grill after that. I had a DD.

Came back to the hotel. Slept fine all night. (Full Disclosure, I use my Kindle Fire to play white noise to sleep by) I did hear some people talking in the hallway that morning. That's just rude people, not the hotels fault.

I ate at the breakfast buffett. The hotel always gives me a coupon for free breakfast. How people find time to complain about SOMETHING FREE kills me. The buffet is in a restaurant. You can have a variety of cereals, fruit, juices, pastries, hashbrowns, sausage links, bacon, two kinds of scrambled eggs, biscuits, gravy, pancakes, and more. What else do people want? Eggs over easy? Eggs Benedict? poached eggs? IHop is next door, the Waffle House is across the street. You like to waste money, get on over there.

The Negative facts. This place is lacking some attention to details from the maintenance people. Carpeting in the elevators was nasty looking, elevators overall need a good cleaning and sprucing up. Shower curtain was torn up pretty badly along the top. Really needs to be replaced. Looked like my shower when I was single and in college. The AC unit in the window, didn't seem to cool the room any differently when I adjusted the setting. TV guide for the room indicated they had Showtime, but when turned to that channel TV said it was not subscribed to.No place is perfect.

Overall, the place just needs a little more attention. I would stay there again. If time keeps passing and the place does not get cleaned up I would have to reconsider if the thing I like about MCM are still worth staying there.

Room Tip: The 8th floor has a few extras for travelers. Ask to get on it.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
4 Thank Aquariuz
Fredericksburg
Reviewed August 25, 2012

I am perplexed by the positive reviews this place has received on Trip Advisor. Here is the short list:

Dilapidated, dirty, stained carpet, bad odors, elevators in disrepair, insecure wireless Internet with no guest isolation, spotty Internet connectivity that was unusable at best.

Not a great place at all. Got suckered into it via a Hotel Tonight promotion that made it to be something that it was not. I will not be staying here again or at any of the MCM Elegante hotels elsewhere.

Room Tip: Avoid the headache and go somewhere else...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Patrick K
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 14, 2012 via mobile

Clean, large rooms, very attentive and friendly staff. Good location. I cannot fault it one bit.

Highly recommended and would stay there again. Check in was easy and quick. Close to downtown Dallas And the sights. Plenty of restaurants nearby. 5 stars

Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Greenville
Reviewed July 28, 2012 via mobile

Booked through Kayak. Got a great rate! Had never stayed at this hotel but we gave it a tfy! Check in was easy. Room was clean and spacious. Their free breakfast was awesome!!!! Very pleased with the whole stay.

• Stayed July 2012