Extended Stay America - Dallas - Market Center
Ranked #146 of 203 Hotels in Dallas
Boston, Massachusetts
“Terrible”
Reviewed April 9, 2014

Bed was terrible; room smelled. Requested second floor seven months in advance and it was not available at check in; no other rooms available.

Would definitely not stay at this hotel in the future.

Pay attention to this review before staying.

Room Tip: Stay away from all rooms
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Dallas - Market Center, responded to this review, April 14, 2014
I appreciate you bringing your experience to our attention. Please accept our sincerest apologies for the odors in your room. I am working with the housekeeping staff to improve our cleaning procedures to ensure your experience is not repeated. In response to your feedback regarding our booking process, I will meet with our staff to review our reservations policy so that this issue does not affect our future guests. If you would like to provide any additional comments, please feel free to contact me directly at, dmc@extendedstay.com.

Again, thank you for the comments. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations across the U.S. and Canada in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Austin, TX
Reviewed February 10, 2014

I've stayed here several times in the past several years because of the convenient location (15 minutes from the Cultural District) and the QPR. The place has undergone some upgrading and, while not lavish, offers the amenities I require and more efficient check-in.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Dallas - Market Center, responded to this review, February 17, 2014
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that you found our hotel to be in a convenient location and at a great price. We look forward to having you visit with us again in the future.
Plano, Texas
Reviewed January 20, 2014

The first night of my stay at this hotel, my car was broken into. There are NO security cameras or security staff at this hotel. We stayed 5 nights and by the end of our stay we had bites all over our bodies from bed bugs. The day we checked out, another guest had his car broken into the night before. Major theft and dirty hotel. I would stay far away from this place because it will cost you a lot more than what the nightly rate is when you are being broken into and suffering from bed bug bites!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank Scott D

Travelers are raving about these Dallas hotels

Chapala
Reviewed January 15, 2014

The hotel is worn and the location isn´t the best; however, all of this could be looked over if the staff were remotely pleasant or helpful. The woman I dealt with was one step short of being rude. Dallas has far to many hotels to settle. Unfortunately, this was booked online because of its location. The ESA chain is usually much better than this location. Overall, a tremendous disappointment. I would definitely NOT stay here again.

Room Tip: Pick another hotel
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Cheri H
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed January 11, 2014 via mobile

We needed a place to stop and sleep in Dallas on our roadtrip. I Booked 2 rooms through bidding site. Great price, but I was a little hesitant when I read reviews of this hotel. I called the day before to ask for adjoining rooms and non-smoking. Rep was courteous and did all she could to help. When I arrived, the smell of cigarette smoke was strong in lobby, but not in rooms. The computer system was down, but front desk worked around it. Rooms were clean, but some of the furniture looked used and worn. The extra blankets in closet were stained, but I am sure the front desk would have given me new ones if I needed them. Breakfast is as advertised, Grab & Go: individually packaged muffins, fruit and coffee. Computers were still down for check-out, but it didn't keep us from checking out. Overall it was a good experience. Bottom line: Keep your expectations realistic and call ahead to request non-smoking rooms.

Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank KeepItReal K
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Dallas - Market Center, responded to this review, January 14, 2014
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. We appreciate the kind comments about the front desk courteous attitude; however, we apologize for the cigarette smell in the lobby, and for the fact that the front desk computer was down. The issue with the computer has been fixed as we were waiting for a part that was sent overnight through the postal service to the property.

I was disheartened to read that the extra linen in the closet were stained. To uphold our company's high standards, we will share your comments with the entire staff on our next daily meeting and evaluate the process to make sure that stained linen will never make it to a guest room moving forward.

I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly, at dmc@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further.

Once again, thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future.
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed November 17, 2013

While it was affordable, I guess you can only get your money's worth. The smell of cigarette smoke is just insane, from the elevator down to our room. Each time we went out and reentered the hotel, the smell hit us all over again. Generally, the place is clean and well kept, but the rugs are just worn and the couch in our room is just not visibly appealing, I tell you. And last night, we got back to find cops right outside the entrance which was just plain scary. There were about 4 cop cars outside and I was too scared to ask what was going on. In summary, I'd say it's an okay place to sleep and wake to go out, but definitely not so awesome if you wanna relax indoors and chill because of the smell and not so appealing interior. But I'll recommend it for business purposes where you have to head out each morning and come back to sleep only.

Room Tip: We asked for a non smoking room but got one that totally smells of cigarette smoke, so I don't t...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Dallas - Market Center, responded to this review, November 22, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I am so glad that you found our rates to be affordable and our hotel's location to be ideal for business trips. Still, I am very sorry for the smoke odor and the condition of some items within your room. In response to your feedback, we have placed a service request with an external vendor to check on the hotel’s ventilation and we recently ordered ten new couches to replace the worn ones. As well, I am very sorry that you witnessed one of our guests being escorted from the property. Since we take guests safety very seriously, we will take action as needed to ensure everyone is safe and comfortable at all times.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at dmc@extendedstay.com. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future.
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed November 15, 2013

The room was old and worn with the headboard on the bed just torn up. It wasn't as crisp and clean as a lot of the other Extended Stay hotels I have been in. The front desk was very friendly with my check in and it was quick. Just an average room. Nothing too exciting or too terrible.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo