“A little worn”

Ranked #137 of 203 Hotels in Dallas
Dallas, Texas
“A little worn”
Reviewed November 15, 2013

The room was old and worn with the headboard on the bed just torn up. It wasn't as crisp and clean as a lot of the other Extended Stay hotels I have been in. The front desk was very friendly with my check in and it was quick. Just an average room. Nothing too exciting or too terrible.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
New Delhi, India
Reviewed November 15, 2013

We stayed here for more than a week.
Our check in was smooth and quick and was done by Ms Mulki. Well we interacted mostly with her during our stay and she was very efficient and courteous.

Our room was located at the ground floor near to exit and the windows faced the pool. The room was spacious and the carpets were clean.

The housekeeper who did our room was also very good. she did a good job.

The head boards( bed ) had scratches which needed to be changed.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Dallas - Market Center, responded to this review, November 19, 2013
Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. I am glad to read that you were pleased with your spacious, clean room and the efficient check-in experience that one of our staff members provided. I am also thrilled to read that the staff overall was able to make your stay feel like you were in your “home away from home”.

Dartmouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 14, 2013 via mobile

We really enjoyed our stay at this motel, the reception were excellent very friendly and Robert the manager was especially kind and helpful. We would definitely stay here again in the future.

The rooms were clean and comfortable, the location is excellent for the American Airlines centre.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 14, 2013

The staff is wonderful...
we got off 2nd floor elevator and immediately smelled cig smoke. We got in our room and my kids and I started coughing the smoke smell was bad!!!! Asked to move to another room and they did get us one.
We got ready for bed made out the couch and the mattress was torn and very very worn not sleepable. The other bed was extremely uncomfortable. This is the only hotel I have ever had a problem w in dallas. And it was my first stay.
The pillows were old and weak. Overall stay was awful. Never again.

• Stayed November 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I am so glad that our staff provided you with such great service; however, I am sorry that your first room had a smoke odor and the second was not clean. As this hotel's manager, I can assure you that I am working with the staff to deep clean both rooms, replace linens as needed and improve our cleaning procedures overall moving forward.

I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. I invite you to contact me, at dmc@extendedstay.com, if you have any additional comments. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed November 11, 2013

The room was clean and quiet. Mr. Robert, the manager, was very nice and friendly as well as Ms. Mulki. However, there is a black woman "Verna" who truly has no business working in any customer service job. She is extremly rude and inconsiderate. She puts the guest's needs last behind her own agenda.

I have stayed at the hotel now for a little over a week, paid for in full by my company, Gifted Nurses/Robinson Medical Group. During our stay, we have encountered Verna several times and she always displays the same negative, "can't do" attitude. She alone has made us feel very unwelcomed. She seems to take care of the black customers

Would I recommend the company I work for utilize this hotel again; I doubt it seriously because of the attitude of that one employee.

Tim Galatas

Room Tip: If Verna is working, move on to another hotel!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 9, 2013

I really enjoyed staying here...the rooms were clean..bed was comfy...wasnt noisy...eveything was perfect. The ladies Jerrica and the young lady with the scarf they were so helpful and nice.....great customer service!!
Location was also great....I will definitely comeback when I return to Dallas

• Stayed November 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Dallas - Market Center, responded to this review, November 12, 2013
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I am so pleased to know that the staff took great care of you. Also, I am glad that you had a clean and comfortable stay.

Dallas, Texas United States
Reviewed October 30, 2013

I just relocated to Dallas from Cleveland and we all know that moving away from family, friends and familar places can be a little challenging.

My stay at Extended Stay was great due to 4 amazing people...Mr. Robert, Ms. Verna, Jerrica and Mulki (Tina was great too). They truly made it feel like a home away from home.

Thanks everyone for taking good care of me during my stay!!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Dallas - Market Center, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. I truly appreciate your comments regarding the staff. We strive to provide each guest with an exceptional stay and I pleased we accomplished this goal during your stay.