“Comfortable stay”

Extended Stay America - Dallas - Market Center
Ranked #149 of 205 Hotels in Dallas
Reviewed March 20, 2013

Extended stay is good place to stay. It also provides all the basic utilities needed. It was quite economical also. The front desk are quite friendly too. I would definitely recommend this place for others too. I am also looking forward to stay with extended stay on future business trips.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
DFWCC, Manager at Extended Stay America - Dallas - Market Center, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2013

Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm so pleased to hear that you really enjoyed your stay and that you commented on how friendly our staff is. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon.

There are newer reviews for Extended Stay America - Dallas - Market Center

Reviewed November 18, 2012

I recently stayed at this hotel for 4 weeks for work, and if it weren't for its convenient location close to Parkland Hospital, I would have left this place in a heartbeat. This is an older building that has been barely maintained and truly needs to be completely renovated or perhaps bulldozed. It is a cheap place that will do if you are just looking for a place to crash, but I wouldn't recommend this place if you are visiting Dallas for vacation/pleasure. It is in a bad part of town. I knew this going into it and decided to take my chances. When I checked in, I asked the front desk attendant if car break-ins are an issue at the hotel, and she said just don't leave anything in your car, you should be fine, and most car break-ins occur around the holiday season anyway. This did not inspire confidence, although I was glad she was candid with me about it and I ended up not having any issues with that.

The hallways, especially the second floor, smell so awful, I had to hold my breath when walking to my room. It smells like a combination of cigarette smoke and homeless people. My room however was actually pretty clean and smelled fine and there were no issues at all with the room, except for a few cigarette burns in the carpet (non-smoking room, btw). I was impressed they have updated TV's in the rooms (flat screen LCD's). There are window A/C units that can get pretty loud; no central A/C in the rooms. You have a full kitchen with oven and stove, full-size fridge, microwave, plus a very basic set of dishes and cookware. It's more than adequate for light cooking. Otherwise the room was fine, just the basics, nothing special. The fitness center has a stationary bike and a treadmill. I never saw anyone in there. There is also a laundry room, which was nice. BYO detergent.

The front desk staff is hit or miss, some are nice and others are rude. I had my room paid for by my employer, so I had nothing to do with the payment. Yet on my last week there, I got a phone call to the room from the front desk at 8:45 pm demanding that I produce the credit card that was used to charge the room because there was an issue with the payment authorization. I informed the woman that I wasn't handling payment and that she needed to contact my employer for this. She called the next day as well for the same reason. I finally went down to the desk and told her there should be a document in my file about the authorization. Sure enough, it was in the file and she had not realized it was there. What a moron! I don't appreciate getting called by the hotel at night for non-urgent reasons. Plus, the few times I did call the front desk from my room, they would answer the phone as "yes?" or "hello?" Nothing like "Extended Stay, how can I help you?" or something more appropriate.

One night, in the room above me, around 11pm, there was A LOT of loud noise, things being thrown, sounded like people were running into the walls. I also heard a woman crying. I guess she was getting beaten up. I don't know whether cops came or not, but I am not surprised after having seen some of the other hotel guests. Another time, there was a dog two rooms down from me that was barking the entire day. I called the front desk to see if anything could be done, and unfortunately she didn't seem too interested in doing anything about it.

One night when I got back to the hotel, there was a gentleman sleeping on the floor in the hallway outside of one of the rooms. And on my last day there, I heard loud voices from the hotel manager in the hall. He was threatening a woman in the room across from me telling her if she didn't check out immediately he would call the police.

I was so glad when I left this hotel. It is OK I guess if you really don't care about the things I mentioned above, otherwise avoid this place at all costs. There are comparably priced places in the area that are safer and nicer I'm sure.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank beagle2k9
DFWCC, Manager at Extended Stay America - Dallas - Market Center, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2012

I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. The comments regarding your interaction with our front desk staff is not acceptable, and I sincerely apologize for your experience. In response to your feedback, I will be using those comments as a training opportunity for all the staff members of this hotel. Thank you again for providing us with your feedback. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at cdwilliams@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.

Reviewed November 15, 2012

I suddenly found myself needing a place to live during a double bathroom renovation. I personally visited a number of extended stay hotels in the Dallas area and found them all to be unsatisfactory (bad location, smelled, too small). My last stop was this hotel near downtown Dallas. While not luxurious, the room was more than adequate and the location was only 10 minutes from my home. Robert the manager and his crew were always friendly and helpful - a few problems I had with the room on check-in were fixed the same day.
A few quibbles: the electrical elements in the kitchen range would not stay properly attached to form a flat surface on which to cook (the repair guy was able to snap them in, but they wouldn't stay) - I ended up doing all food prep with the full size microwave; the closet was missing one of its sliding doors (I was told they didn't have a replacement); it was difficult to adjust the temperature in the refrigerator - a bag of salad greens and some tomatoes froze there, even though other food I stored there never was affected - I think it was the water content of the salad and tomatoes that made the difference.
The HVAC is right next to the bed and could be noisy, but I got used to it. Wireless internet connection was free, and usually easy to access and fast. Sometimes after dinner during the week it would be slow - probably higher traffic then.
They only provide coffee for the mini coffee pot in the room on the first day. Otherwise you can buy packages in the drinks and snacks vending machine. They also offer a bagel/muffin/fruit and coffee service 6:30A to 9A during the work week. I was there during OU weekend and the coffee service was available that Saturday morning as well. I just bought the small coffee filters needed for the pot and a supply of ground coffee so I could have coffee when I wanted.
The furniture wasn't new, but didn't appear to be soiled beyond normal wear. The mattress and pillows were fine (very important to me as I have back problems).
You do need a car to get to restaurants - I opted to cook the majority of my meals. There's a Kroger within 2 miles.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank dancergal

Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm am pleased to hear the hotel has all the items you were looking for from room amenities to our friendly staff. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Reviewed November 7, 2012

They have great attitude are very nice. very friendly towards people . inexpensive . great for medical trips, business trips , couples vacation, family vacations . they make u feel apart of something. they have excellent service. Wouldn't want to go anywhere else.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
DFWCC, Manager at Extended Stay America - Dallas - Market Center, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2012

Thank you for your great review of our property. I am thrilled to hear the staff made you feel so welcomed. Our goal at Extended Stay Hotels is that every guests will experiece a home away from home environment. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Reviewed October 25, 2012

The check-in process was fine, staff is nice, but the quality of room I recieved was poor. The leather-like headboard to the bed looked as though it had been all scratched up along with the recliner that was in the room. It was old and weathered, looked as though it could've come from the dump. The bathroom faucet had a roach come out of it, I washed it down and plugged the sink only to find in the morning when I opened the stopper back up that the roach was still there! I was there on 10-12-12 and believed I stayed in room 206.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
DFWCC, Manager at Extended Stay America - Dallas - Market Center, responded to this reviewResponded October 26, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am sorry to hear that the room furnishings were in disrepair. We are continually working on replacing items that are worn and damaged; as a matter of fact we currently have on order new recliners and headboard replacements. We really appreciate your feedback as this assist us in always rising up to meet the expectations of our valued guests. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at dmc@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.

Reviewed October 2, 2012

The room was very comfortable. the bed was very comfortable which I've found to be unusual in these hotels. This one has full kitchen with DW ,Stove and refrigerator , full living room very nice size rooms. The service was very good ,the the shower was very good ,the only thin I found wrong was it needs new carpet the carpet is old ,warn and patched in place but pretty clean anyway. WE will be staying here again when in Dallas area. You do need to take supplies such as dish liquid and paper towel , dishwasher soap possibly a skillet if making breakfast none was supplied in our room.did have dishes ,silverware,and 1 pan.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
DFWCC, Manager at Extended Stay America - Dallas - Market Center, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2012

Thank you for your great review of our property. It's great to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for brining to our attention the carpet condition in your room. We will continue to address those issues through our renovation process. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Reviewed September 24, 2012

Nice hotel for the money. Just difficult to get to if you don't have a car or take taxis. There are hardly any sidewalks in the area, so walking is difficult and it is always a 5-10 minute walk to public transportation. Also, toilet handle would get stuck so I had to be aware. I didn't report it because I had trouble reaching the front desk a couple of times.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Dallas - Market Center, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at our hotel. We are committed to providing every guest with outstanding accommodations at a reasonable price, so I was pleased to read your remarks about our hotel. Of course, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. For that I am truly sorry.

Although it is unusual for a guest to experience a problem while staying with us, we would like to use your account to help us make our hotel even better. Again, I am deeply sorry that you did not have a completely enjoyable stay at our hotel, and I promise that we are focused on total guest satisfaction every day. Please don't hesitate to reach out to me at this hotel or to our guest relations team directly by visiting our website and clicking the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page. I do hope that you will let me demonstrate our redoubled efforts in the future here or at any of our other locations throughout the U.S. and in Canada.