“Excellent location, the AC unit is extremely loud, bring ear plugs!”

SpringHill Suites Dallas Downtown/West End
Ranked #68 of 207 Hotels in Dallas
Reviewed June 29, 2014

The location of this hotel is amazing. I wish we had more time in Dallas to explore because it's right across the street from the Aquarium. There are several restaurants (chain) like hooters, Dick's Last Resort, etc all within a stones throw of the hotel.
The rooms were great and had a mini kitchen in them. My only complaint is that the AC unit was exceptionally LOUD! It sounded like you were on an airplane sitting over the wing. Definitely needed ear plugs!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
jeff d, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Dallas Downtown/West End, responded to this reviewResponded June 30, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the SpringHIll Suites Dallas West End. It is great to read such positive comments. We are in the process of replacing our AC units to a quieter unit and hope to have this project complete by early 2014.

Genera Manager

Reviewed June 26, 2014

within walking distance to a great selection of restaurants. customer service is excellent, rooms ok. parking garage available, recommend parking the car and walking everywhere for extended stays. great continental breakfast.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review for our property.

Reviewed June 18, 2014

I stayed here for almost a week while at a work conference. The location was fantastic for sight seeing and restaurants. Room was very comfortable and the views of the lights at night was beautiful. If I ever go to Dallas again I WILL stay here!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel.

We hope to see you on your next trip to Dallas.

Reviewed June 5, 2014

The rooms are very spacious. It's about 6-7 blocks from the convention center. It was a nice walk...just take Market St (behind hotel) to convention center to avoid bus station and transients about 3-4 blocks down. Market St. area has LOTS of restaurants to choose from. There are a few other restaurants a couple of blocks opposite direction of convention center. Everything is in walking distance, basically. Park across the street or behind the hotel for a few dollars a day. Dallas World Aquarium is across the street. Staff was WONDERFUL! Breakfast and business area (computers & printer) are a really nice size and modern deco. The beds weren't as comfy as I hoped (but my bed at home has me spoiled). It's probably better than you're average. Would definitely stay again. The pool is REALLY small, but they have a handicap seat to help those that can't walk into the pool.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank ellisak77
jeff d, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Dallas Downtown/West End, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2014

Thank you for the great review. It is always great to read such positive comments in regards to our hotel and staff. I have shared the review with our staff.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

The staff was friendly and helpful and the room was clean. I was in town for a hockey game and the walk there was easy. (The walk back, not so much. Stars fans are NOT nice to visiting fans, but that has nothing to do with this hotel! ;) ) When I got to the airport to go home, I realized I'd forgotten my ring. They put it in the mail for me that afternoon. If I ever visit Dallas again, I'd probably stay here.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo

Thank you for the kind review. I have shared it with our staff.

Reviewed May 23, 2014

The West End used to be the most happening place in Dallas. Sadly that is no longer true. The area around this hotel seems to be on the decline. However the hotel is still fantastic. Absolutely amazing staff. Every time you appear in the lobby at least one staff member will greet you.
The rooms are nicely done, a very good size, and very clean. The housekeepers did not constantly rearrange my stuff in the bathroom - always a plus with me.
The valet parking is a little steep at $22 a day, but you can opt to use the public garage just a block away for just $8 a day. It's where the valet parks your car any way.
The breakfast is very good, and the breakfast area is huge, so you aren't carrying your plate around looking for a place to sit.
LOVE the black and white "cow hide" foot stools in the lobby!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
jeff d, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Dallas Downtown/West End, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write such a kind review. I also love the black and white cowhide charis in the lobby.

Thank you again for taking the time to write a review.

Reviewed May 20, 2014

My husband has stayed here many times for work, but I recently joined him on a quick trip for a concert. We are Marriott Gold Members, so we have stayed at MANY a Marriott property over the years. When you arrive, the lobby is nice with tall ceilings and very well appointed. The staff was very friendly and always happy to help. For the price, the location is great. Easy to get to and several great food choices that are easy to get to by foot. There is a small exercise room and a small pool, but both are perfectly fine for the hotel. You aren't getting anything super fancy, but you also are not paying for it. The rooms are spacious and clean. There are hints here and there that this used to be a different hotel property, but overall it looks nice and new. I highly recommend getting a room on a higher floor, especially if you have a city view room and are staying on a weekend. We were on the 3rd floor and woke up at 3am and again at 5am due to loud (likely intoxicated) folks heading home from their night out. I am fairly certain one group was acting out an SNL skit. Actually, I am certain of it. Unless they did live "in a van, down by the river." As for the complimentary breakfast, they have a very clean and spacious facility located on the 2nd floor. It might be one of the best I have seen of any Springhill. We used the valet parking since we knew we would be in and out several times that day and night. The Valet service was quick and friendly.
I would recommend this hotel and know that we will stay there in the future. Again, you can get fancier accommodations, but this place is a great value.

Room Tip: Request a room on a higher floor to avoid street noise.