“Great location, Great price”

SpringHill Suites Dallas Downtown/West End
Ranked #66 of 212 Hotels in Dallas
Reviewed February 20, 2013

I booked this hotel rather last minute for a 3-night stay in Dallas and was very satisfied. Upon arrival, the staff member manning the front desk was friendly and welcoming. The cost was excellent given the location & easy access to the downtown area. For some reason we were booked in a handicapped room (random). Breakfast in the morning was a nice touch and food items were well-prepared. We parked across the street at the public lot for the entirety of our visit and it worked out very well. The rooms are a bit old & could use a bit of updating but the space was very nice, the mini-kitchen was a nice touch, and I would stay here again and recommend the Springhill Suites to a friend.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Brooke A, Manager at SpringHill Suites Dallas Downtown/West End, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2013

Hello and thank you for your recent review of the SpringHill Suites by Marriott Dallas Downtown/ West End! We're very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and appreciate all of the positive feedback! We hope to see you again in the future!

SpringHill Suites Dallas Management

Reviewed February 7, 2013

The room was a bit dated and cheap feeling, but the hotel staff was very friendly and the location and price was good for downtown Dallas.

Free cocktail reception in the evenings and decent breakfast in the mornings too. $5 parking in the lot across the street if you've got a car.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank lawrencemon

Thank you for your recent review of the SpringHill Suites Dallas Downtown/ West End! We appreciate all of your feedback, and are happy to hear that you were satisfied with our staff and amenities during your stay. We hope to see you again in the future!

Reviewed February 4, 2013

I stayed here three nights for a convention I was attending. This is an older hotel, but it's in a great area with lots of restaurants within walking distance. The room was fine -- fairly large and clean, and the kitchen area was useful.

The biggest issue I had was with the staff. I checked in a little later in the evening, and the clerk was efficient but not especially friendly. I asked where I could get some milk to take my medication, and she informed me that the gas station "several blocks away" would probably be the best bet. I wasn't about to head out into the night of an unknown area, so I did without. But I was surprised the next morning when I went down to breakfast to find milk readily available in the refrigerator. Maybe I'm asking too much, but it would have been nice if the clerk offered to unlock the refrigerator, so I could have a little carton of milk (I would have asked myself, if I had known it was there).

The other rude surprise I had was when another staff member let himself into my room in order to deliver a package for me. I had been in the bathroom and heard someone knock on the door, but before I could get out to answer it, he had already let himself in. That was extremely awkward (and didn't make me feel safe), so I kept the door barred whenever I was there.

The hotel itself is fairly quiet, except on the Monday and Wednesday mornings when I was there, when the garbage truck arrived at 5:30 a.m. to empty numerous Dumpsters along the back of the building. Seemed like it took forever, and I was definitely wide awake by the time he was done. If you're going to stay in this hotel, DO NOT stay on the back side (I was in room 601). My coworkers who stayed on that same side of the hotel complained about the noise, too, but those on the other side heard nothing.

Bottom line is, I'm not sure I'd stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
CCCYGM, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Dallas Downtown/West End, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2013

Hello and thank you very much for your recent review. We always enjoy hearing about your experiences at the SpringHill Suites Dallas Downtown/ West End! We apologize for the service issues you encountered while visiting the property. We have taken your comments to heart and use them to train our staff so that we may prevent future issues such as these from reoccurring on property. Sincerely, SpringHill Suites Dallas

Reviewed February 2, 2013

I booked a room at this property because of its proximity to Dealey Plaza ; a place I have wanted to visit for a very long time. From all my walking around over a week-end, I believe this is indeed the closest hotel to the plaza and the 6th Floor museum. It is not even 5 minutes away by foot.

The hotel rooms/corridors are a bit outdated, but the rooms are clean and functional, which is all I was really looking for. The front desk staff were very friendly and were also more than happy to direct me to other sights in the area (e.g: I was not aware that the Aquarium is only a few hundred feet away) as well as suggest some restaurants to me. Breakfast is included with a stay here which is great!

I noted that there was no in-room safe which is something I always use, so was a bit disappointed by that, but my overall rating for this property is favorable.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo

Thank you very much for your recent review of the SpringHill Suites Dallas Downtown/ West End! We're happy to hear you were pleased with our great location, staff, and amenities during your stay! We appreciate all of the feedback and hope to see you again next time you're in Dallas!

Reviewed January 23, 2013

My husband and I planned a nice evening in West End and chose this hotel because it was very close to where we were attending an event. The room was very nice, the breakfast buffet was excellent and we were able to be picked up by the courtesy van which was nice. The van driver was very friendly and gave us some ideas of places to dine and things to see. Loved our stay and plan to visit again. This hotel is better priced than the others in this area and was perfect for us!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lynda B
Brooke A, Manager at SpringHill Suites Dallas Downtown/West End, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2013

Hello and thank you for your recent review of the SpringHill Suites by Marriott Dallas Downtown/ West End! We're very pleased to hear all of your positive feedback and will strive to continue offering great customer service, a great breakfast, and cleanliness so we will be your first choice in downtown Dallas time and time again! We look forward to your return!

Reviewed January 21, 2013

The first experience was with the valet parking. The man was extremely accomodating and friendly by allowing us to leave luggage in garage before parking in the overnight garage.
The check in was fast and friendly. The room was very clean and spacious. We would definitely
stay here again.

Room Tip: We were in a corner room on 10th floor and it was very quiet even though the hotel was fully booked.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Brooke A, Manager at SpringHill Suites Dallas Downtown/West End, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2013

Hello and thank you very much for your recent review. We always love our guests' feedback, and we're happy to hear about your positive experience at the SpringHill Suites Dallas Downtown/ West End! Thank you for taking the time to share! We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed January 19, 2013

Just spent 3 nights here. Great room with sitting area. Hot breakfast in the morning and social hour at night featuring beer and wine, along with light snacks.
Be aware that if you valet park, it's $22 a night. There is parking in a lot across the street. The hotel is located in the historic West End district. Lots of good restaurants and bars. This is a solid choice and I recommend it.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

Hello! Thank you very much for your recent review of the SpringHill Suites Dallas Downtown/ West End! We appreciate you taking the time to share your positive experience with us and hope to see you again in the future!