“Yes and No”

Magnolia Hotel Dallas Downtown
Ranked #15 of 205 Hotels in Dallas
Reviewed March 22, 2007

Pros: historic old hotel, larger rooms, central location, clean, nice bedding
Cons:minimally staffed, elevators from the tower of terror (lurch a lot, 20 minute waits from top floors not uncommon, only hold 8 people), very dark rooms (one window facing a wall and very few lights), high speed internet bogs down after 6am (?DSL line) to <1mbps, desk chair well below working level unless you are over 7 feet tall

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Magnolia Hotel Dallas Downtown

Reviewed March 8, 2007

We spent a lovely, relaxing weekend at the Magnolia. Our room was on the 18th floor which gave a great view of the city. The room was nicely appointed and very comfortable.

Don't miss the evening happy hour and milk and cookies!

The staff were all very friendly and helpful.

We had a great experience at the Magnolia and will stay here again.

Stayed: March 2007
Reviewed February 28, 2007

I went to Dallas on business, and stayed at the Magnolia to explore the downtown area.

ROOMS: Comfortable, clean inside. The windows needed a good washing, however. (We stayed in the upper floors).

LOCATION: Perfect for exploring. You are close to the JFK historical sites and within walking distance to the central attractions.

PARKING: Not the greatest for public parking due to lack of space----you pretty much need to use the valets, but that was fine.

CUSTOMER SERVICE: Easy check in, easy check out. The lobby seemed huge, so I imagine this hotel gets busy for weddings and business functions.

RESTAURANTS: Behind the hotel is the Iron Cactus--Mexican and Southwest food. Excellent choice.

This hotel is in the heart of downtown, but we felt pretty safe walking around at night. We observed a lot of nightlife for the younger crowd at some of the local clubs. If you want to experience metropolitan Dallas, this is a fine choice.

• Stayed: May 2006, traveled on business
Reviewed January 20, 2007

I recently stayed here for a convention because it was recommended by our convention coordinator. For a 4-star hotel, it did not quite meet my expectations. The rooms were small and amenties such as coffee, etc were sparse. There was a coffee maker with coffee but no creamer or sugar and we had to move it to find a place to plug it in. It was on a shelf in the closet. The small refrigerator in the closet was nice though. The shower made so much noice when you turned it on I thought the pipes would burst through the walls. Not quite what I expected for this level of hotel. The shuttle service that was promised was basicly non-existent, unless you wanted to walk 2-3 blocks to the Adolphus to be picked up. The front desk was nice and helpful. Overall, this hotel was nice and clean, but for the price, I would stay somewhere else.

• Stayed: January 2007, traveled on business
2  Thank pd20
Reviewed January 18, 2007

We recently stayed at this hotel for my step-brother's wedding. I had never heard of this hotel and I'm glad I was introduced. The hotel is an older structure but tastefully updated. The rooms were average size but the bathrooms were much larger than average. The beds were very comfortable and the entire hotel was very clean. The hotel offers a very limited breakfast (mostly just breads) but offered made-from-scratch cookies and milk at night. Parking is extremely limited in downtown Dallas and the hotel provides valet parking ($20 daily) which is worth every penny. Staff was friendly and very helpful. There is a Starbucks attached to the hotel and access is easy. We had a wonderful stay and hope to vist the Magnolia again. Would highly recommend.

• Stayed: January 2007, traveled with family
2  Thank KSLawDawg
Reviewed November 20, 2006

I recently stayed at the Magnolia for a conference I was attending and the location was very convenient to the convention center (walking distance). The staff of this hotel were very helpful and accomodating...I had forgotten some basics like toothbrush +toothpaste and within two minutes someone was at my door with these items. The room was promptly cleaned every day and everything was very tidy and comfortable. Overall, it made my business trip a very pleasant stay and I would book it again and recommend it highly :)

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled on business
2  Thank Anonimity
Reviewed August 28, 2006

This was my 2nd time staying at the Magnolia in downtown Dallas and I LOVE it! I have had GREAT service both times i've been. The bell hops and the shuttle driver were great and when we called housekeeping for extra blankets and pillows they brought them right up. My stay was in July of 05 and July of 06.

I love the Iron Cactus restaurant right next door and also the Urban Market down the street. Our room had a kitchen in it so every day we cooked our breakfast there and just grabbed a yogurt from the continental breakfast at the hotel. One time we paid for an omelet breakfast which was good. The only thing I was bummed about is no pool, but they told us we can use the one at a place across the street. We went across the street and you have to walk through a restaurant to get to the pool so it wasn't ideal.

I was impressed with the area around the hotel it was very clean and good walking distance to a couple of fabulous restaurants...tex mex and italian, a grocery store and the convention center and I LOVED having the starbucks downstairs. I can't wait to go back!

• Stayed: July 2006, traveled on business