“Exceptional service from a friendly staff”

Magnolia Hotel Dallas Downtown
Ranked #13 of 212 Hotels in Dallas
Reviewed December 28, 2009

From the DFW area on a get-a-way the day after Christmas. The staff were uniformly friendly and service oriented. Room was clean and well decorated.
Only negative was we occupied a room on the Commerce Street side of the building and the 24-hour-a-day traffic noise took some getting used to.
One of our favorite places to stay and we look forward to our retutn.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (3,429)

Reviewed December 27, 2009

Unfortunately, in Dallas Christmas Eve was a mess with all the ice. After I had been asleep, I that my daughter's finace had gotten stranded at DFW. I called the front desk to add a room. Even though the rate was the same and my ID and credit card had been reviewed and were on file, I had to get up, get dressed and go initial the rate of the room. WHY? policy...Then I got stuck in the lobby elevator!
The worst part was yet to come. My daughter spent 4+ hrs on the roads covered in ice to retrieve him. The next morning I get a call from Maverick-for whatever reason, cars were being moved around and when the valet hit a ice in the garage, it slammed into the wall. He assured me it was drive-able and that the valet company accepted liability and called Enterprise Rental. Hours later we checked out and began to make our way to our relatives' Christmas celebration. The car overheated.Stranded on Christmas...by a hotel mistake. There were no cars available and no wreckers to come assist. On Saturday, wrecker said the underside of the car was damanged--no cooling fluid and a rip in the radiator. The car rental manager gave us a grim predication: we'd be liable since the hotel had a 3rd party vendor, the valet service. They said the hotel would probably not help and blame the valet service and visa versa.
My daughter has stayed at Magnolia twice before and loved it. She has recommened it to her friends in DC (where she lives).

I realized on Saturday that my future son in law got the parking fee on his room bill (although I requested it on mine at check-in). I called back...why? policy. I asked for a credit and hope it made it to the correct credit card.
I remain cautiously optomist.

Pam Lovell

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed December 26, 2009

The rooms were more updated than I expected after reading reviews of similar-aged hotels in the downtown Dallas area. We had the queen Signature Suite. We looked at the architecture on the Adolphus hotel to one side and downtown to the other. Hospitality Hour was nice, and such a small thing as a cookie bar is something that we talk about to friends. The breakfast buffet is in the bar(which was the second floor), but that is fine. there was NO smell of smoke whatsoever. They did a good job of making the club a multi-purpose Club/breakfast area. As some mention, the Valet parking was a little high, but I also noticed they informed us of the price upon check-in, so it wasn't a surprise......they're not out to do that like others it appears. There really wasn't anything bad about the stay at all. Oh, some may gripe about elevator speed.....what the heck. It's a great hotel!

Reviewed December 23, 2009

we had a terrible experience here. The ceiling had a 2 foot crack in it, the middle section of blinds was all broken up and warped to where they could not even be pulled up, the elevator fireman access panels looked like someone got mad or something and punched then to where they were broke and hanging, and last but not least the Jacuzzi which was the main reason for booking was broke and not fixed within the 5 days I was there as well as the elevator panels were not fixed at all either. The internet was a pain in the butt to use because if the mouse and keyboards were not missing from there stations then someone was on them for hours at a time. Not an overall good experience but I would book with them again if someone was able to confirm with me that everything was taken care of.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed December 22, 2009

Great old building with beautiful new look. They offer great weekend rates with free breakfasts at all their hotels and the Suite was so nice we could have moved in!

Reviewed December 21, 2009

My daughter's wedding was a breeze and it was a magical night not only for the happy couple but for the parents of the bride and groom as well. The venue was ideal and our guests had a great weekend in Dallas!

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank techtraveler27
Reviewed December 20, 2009

It's an old hotel and I thought the architecture and details were nice. Very friendly staff from the people at the desk down to the valets. We had a discounted rate. I'm not sure I'd pay full price but I tend to be a little cheap about some things. Overall, I'd recommend it.