“FANTASTIC stay at the Magnolia”

Magnolia Hotel Dallas Downtown
Ranked #16 of 203 Hotels in Dallas
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“FANTASTIC stay at the Magnolia”
Reviewed July 12, 2009

My wife and I went to Texas for some sightseeing as well as meeting up with some friends. While in Dallas we stayed at the Magnolia (this was our first trip to Texas). I booked the room from Expedia so I cannot remember the exact charge for the room since it was a package. The Magnolia definately goes the extra mile in making their guests feel welcome. Upon arrival which I was able to get into my room around 12:30 I was greeted by the manager and girl at the front desk. The manager made sure to let me know all the services the Magnolia had to offer as well as the times to utilize those.
We were given a free upgrade to a queen suite. The suite had flat screens in the bedroom and living room. We had a full kitchen. The room was very clean, comfortable, and felt very homey. The bed was very comfortable. Overall I was very impressed with the accomodations.
Amenities: well it started with the complimentary happy hour from 5:30-6:30. Jon the bartender (who was fantastic) served guests with free draft beer, and free wine during that hour. We did not stay after that hour so I am not sure of the prices after that. Jon was very helpful in sharing about local places to visit. From 8-10 each evening they have complimentary milk and cookies. They have about 3-4 different types of cookies for your pleasure. Finally each morning they have a breakfast which has eggs, potatoes, and a meat. The breakfast was excellent and a great way to start the day. We did walk into the weight room which looked nice, but the hot tub was TOO hot. They do have a business center with printers on the second and third floors.
The people here are outstanding! Everyone from the manager to the valets were very friendly, helpful, and all around welcoming! The walk to some of the attractions range from 5-15 minutes. We did all the tourist stuff (JFK 6th Floor Museum, Southfork, Dealey Plaza, Fort Worth). Hofbrau Steaks is excellent (short walk), Sonny Bryans was very good too. I cannot say enough about this hotel. The only drawback could be the parking which is 22.00 per day plus tax. It does have in/out privledges and I was able to get my car very fast. Going to other large cities, that is a fair price, but downtown Dallas parking seems pretty cheap, and the cars are parked off-site. Thanks again Magnolia!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (713)
Pittsburgh, PA
Reviewed July 5, 2009

After reading so many reviews, we weren't sure what to expect. We felt the room was very satisfactory and the bathrooms were large with a nice shower. The evening cookies and the breakfast were enjoyable. The parking is really a problem--approaching $30/day with tips and the wait for your car can be long--even if you call ahead.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
texas14
Reviewed July 2, 2009

My husband and I stayed at this hotel and were very pleased. The rooms are a nice size and the hotel staff was very friendly. The location was great too.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
Central Missouri
Reviewed June 24, 2009

This is a great hotel, right downtown. It is close to everything! Public transportation is available to whatever they are not close to! They offer wonderful historic suites, a good breakfast every morning, social happy hour and cookies every night. The rooms are very clean and the beds are comfortable. There is a no smoking rule hotel-wide. The staff will do almost anything to keep the guests happy. However, the elevators (5) are taxed at peak use periods (breakfast and business rush hours) so if the 3 minute wait for the elevator is more important than the service from a dedicated staff, then you might look somewhere else. There is a fitness center and steam room, but no pool. Valet parking is expensive ($26/day), try a nearby garage if you drive here, I will recommend the hotel to all of my friends and family.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business
Maryland
Reviewed June 7, 2009

I stayed here after checking out of the SpringHill Suites (horrible experience) and absolutely loved it! The rooms were clean and quiet. The breakfast was good and the cookies and milk at night were a plus! The staff was friendly and I will absolutely stay here again if I return to Dallas. I recommend this hotel to all of my coworkers!!

• Stayed December 2008, traveled on business
Dallas
Reviewed April 23, 2009

This is the 4th time we have stayed at the downtown Dallas Magnolia and as always we had a great time. Room was clean and well appointed and we got an amazing easter holiday rate. We spent the evening at the bar watching the Masters, playing pool and playing Wii...yes they have a Wii...it was really fun. We had the same funny bartender as our last stay about six months ago. Its a great spot for couples who need a quick getaway for the weekend. Plenty of shopping and dining within walking distance including Neiman Marcus and Iron Cactus where we had lunch. Highly recommend the cookies and milk after an exhausting round of Wii bowling!

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
texas
Reviewed April 16, 2009

our stay at this hotel was superb. We got a great deal with their easter special (80.00 / night with a free suite upgrade). The suite (1302) was beautiful. Free wine or beer 5:30 to 6:30 and a cookie and milk bar before bedtime! Nice touch. Only negative (small one at that) is that there is no parking, you must use the valet... but, it's this way in most big cities if you stay downtown, so no suprise! Perfect downtown location! Loved it!

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple