“very nice stay”

Magnolia Hotel Dallas Downtown
Ranked #14 of 207 Hotels in Dallas
Reviewed March 23, 2014

We enjoyed our visit at the Magnolia Hotel for our "stay-cation". The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. We enjoyed the evening reception in the lounge before we went out for the evening. The hotel is within walking distance to many restaurants and activities. The front desk staff gave me several recommendations for restaurants nearby and also a walking map to help me. My kids were excited about the nightly milk and cookies and we got back too late but a worker overheard my kids asking us about them and went back and brought a plate filled with cookies for my boys---they were so happy. The breakfast buffet in the morning was a nice treat and was included in the stay. I would definitely stay at this hotel again and recommend it to others.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Ryan E, Public Relations Manager at Magnolia Hotel Dallas Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2014

Hey Vicki072_11,

We can safely say that reviews like yours make our days better. Thank you for staying with us, enjoying the perks, taking the time to review us, and helping us improve. You're the woman!

Cheers,
Ryan

Write a ReviewReviews (3,420)

Reviewed March 22, 2014

We really enjoyed staying downtown in our own city, just relaxing Friday-Saturday. The choice came down to the Adolphus or the Magnolia. They are both historic, beloved buildings right downtown, but of course the Adolphus has always been a hotel, while the Magnolia is a renovated office building with the iconic Pegasus neon flying red horse on top. Every Dallasite knows this red horse. We chose the Magnolia.

With hotels it's always something. You just wonder what they're going to get wrong. Nothing like that happened; every part of the experience was just fine. We tried to take advantage of each amenity: the complimentary happy hour, the milk and cookies, and the breakfast. We also ate dinner at the Iron Cactus next door, which was really good Mexican food.

Highlights: Jaclyn at the front desk, thanks for your friendly help. Also the Wi-fi was excellent; we were able to watch a movie on Amazon Prime with no hiccups from our computer. The historic building is a pleasure. Clean, comfortable, quiet room and bathroom. (We upgraded to a suite.) A pleasure in every way.

Slight downgrade for the limited cable TV channels available; the selection seemed designed to push the premium movie offerings. No AMC or TCM. Also, you have to use the valet parking because there is no on-site parking for this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple

Hey olderTechnology,

You chose right. That red Pegasus would never lead you wrong! Jaclyn says thanks for the mention, and I want to say thanks for the awesome review, staying with us, providing other guests with tips, and generally being awesome. We look forward to the next stay - till then,

All our best,

Reviewed March 22, 2014

I came to Dallas for an at&t convention, and stayed at the Magnolia Hotel. It was conveniently located across the street from at&t, and the interior and exterior decor was beautiful. I was assigned to the 20th floor, which sounded like a good idea, and good view at the time. Little did I know that anything over the 2nd floor is a disaster due to the inefficient and out-dated elevators!

Coming down from the 20th floor, the elevator would stop at EVERY floor, whether someone had pushed the button or not! Imagine having to attend workshops, and being delayed by the elevators with its own mind, Stopping at every floor caused me to be in the elevator for an additional 20-25 minutes! There is no excuse for this.

Other than the elevators, the hotel is a very nice hotel. If you can deal with that, you won't have a problem.

Room Tip: Request the lowest floor possible!

Dear AustinVisitor1,

Thanks for staying with us, thanks for reviewing the stay, and thank you for the mention of the elevators. We are working hard on updating this portion of the experience, and we appreciate our guest's patience as we work to resolve this. We hope to see you again, and have you on time, soon -

Regards,

Reviewed March 21, 2014

So this is a weird Hotel. I like the rooms, the staff is awesome, very close downtown, but there are a few things that just aren't very good. 1st - the bar is just bad, very few people in it, on the second floor, feels closed in, TV reception is awful. 2nd, they don't have a store, where you can get some things you might have left behind, or water, or soda or anything, and no coffee in the lobby. 3rd - they are redoing the elevators, and you can wait a VERY LONG time - and this morning made me late for my meeting, because it is all run manually. Finally, Room Service shuts off at midnight - which is crazy. Most really good hotels have an abbreviated menu, run at least until 3am, or are open 24hrs per day. So if you like the location - or if you don't care about the things I listed above, then you will certainly enjoy yourself.

Hey KellerWags,

While we understand from your review that things weren't all the way awesome, we're taking this review and constantly improving our services. Your feedback is invaluable to this process - so thank you for helping improve our awesome.

Regards,

Reviewed March 21, 2014

My stay was wonderful. Although there were a few glitches with the internet and some of the furnishings in the room, the customer service made up for them. Everyone on the staff (and especially Austin, Vincent, and Jaclyn) went out of their way to make me feel like I was the most important guest in the hotel. They were always asking if there was anything they could do to improve my time at the Magnolia and were quick to do everything they could to address any problems. The happy hour with free wine and beer, breakfast, evening cookies, and free shuttle were fabulous perks. My colleagues who were at other hotels were jealous of the great hotel I had found!

Hey Lallie M,

All of us here love this review! You gave us individual shout-outs, and what is standard for us - being awesome, taking care of guests - was awesome for you and inspired jealousy in your co-workers. Well...we have to do this again! Till then,

All our best,

Reviewed March 18, 2014

I have stayed several times at the Magnolia, most recently in October 2013 and March 2014. The rooms are quite different throughout the hotel. The next to the top floor had not only the best views, but the largest and most comfortable rooms. Some of the rooms are smaller, have noisy heating/air conditioning and some of the mini refrigerators screech. Elevators can be very slow during heavy traffic times. These issues aside, I would likely still stay here again for the location, efficient valet parking, and generous and efficient breakfast. I also like the downtown shuttle service. I have generally been treated very well by the staff. The late afternoon wine service is also a nice touch. I like the proximity of the hotel to good restaurants, and if I am free for lunch, the Zodiac Room next door at Neiman Marcus is a must.

1  Thank texas spot

Hey texas spot,

Thanks for the review, for staying with us, and for bearing with us as we work to improve our elevators. We hope to see you again -

Best,

Reviewed March 18, 2014

Title says it all...this place is fantastic. From the complimentary drinks to the cookies and milk, it was all top notch. Breakfst was great too! The shuttle helped us get around Downtown with ease and the staff was super nice. I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank N M

Hey N M,

YOU'RE AWESOME! Thanks for taking the time to review your stay with us. We appreciate the kind words and look forward to the next time!

Holler,