“Very good hotel”

Ranked #13 of 201 Hotels in Dallas
Atlanta, Georgia
“Very good hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2013

We have been staying at this hotel regularly on assignment in Dallas and have all been impressed. The staff is super friendly. The rooms are spacious and very comfortable. The exercise room is fairly good too with plenty of treadmills and a weight machine. I also like the location of the hotel - very convenient to businesses and restaurants. Can't go wrong with this hotel if you are in Dallas!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Chris C

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (704)
Houston
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2013

The Magnolia Hotel in Dallas is my home away from Home! - Each time I come back to this hotel the personal service that I receive is beyond perfection. Kevin Campbell, Front Office Manager goes beyond his duties to welcome me back each time and makes sure that all my needs are met! - My last visit in August was extended from 1 night to 3 and again this was a very smooth transaction. The happy hour each evening from 530-630pm is a must and Murray ( bar staff) will keep you in stitches!! - A man of many talents. He was very prompt with his srvice especially when there are over 30+ of us during HH and he was the one man show.The location is perfect if you want down town faclities esp with the 3 mile raduis shuttle that is provided. Breakfast is included and it starts the day well. Housekeeping is very excellent and Sophia Duenas, each time I come back she makes the room feel very welcoming with personal touches.
The rooms on the top floor has a great view and I have stayed many times in the suites which has the kitchen included. Very useful if staying longer. I would recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Dallas Downtown. The only missing item is a pool and a spa but the service make up for it.

Room Tip: Higher the better for a view. Corner Suites are large and quiet.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Bhalla2
Forth Worth Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2013

We had an amazing night in our room, the service when we first checked in was amazing. I accidentally walked into a wedding going on so they should have blocked that area off for those guests privacy in my opinion and the Valet was so helpful with finding places to go to that evening. They were very familiar with the area thankfully. I also enjoyed the room service and how catering the staff was. I forgot my toothbrush so they had provided one for me that evening. Very kind of them (: Only reason I didn't give 5 stars is because for some reason that Saturday Night they closed their bar down over an hour early and there were 8 guests at least who had left their locations to come back to the hotel and enjoy cocktails that evening that the hotel. Kind of a let down in our night but other than that everything was AMAZING! very happy with my stay.

1 Thank Jaimie G
Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2013

We stayed at the Magnolia Hotel last year during a trip with friends. We were all meeting up in Dallas from various parts of the US and one travelling from Australia and we needed a comfortable place to stay so that we could get over jet lag, etc. The hotel met the bill perfectly. We had a friendly check-in, the valet parking was great, and we were taken to our room very quickly. The rooms were not huge but well appointed, the bathroom was very nice and we were all able to hang out together. There is a little sunken park on the corner outside the hotel with buskers. We headed out for dinner, finding a restaurant pretty much across the road where we had burgers and tacos and could sit outdoors watching people hitting town for Saturday night. There was also a pharmacy/ chemist across the road (CVS). When we got back to the hotel there were milk and cookies waiting in the breakfast area - a really lovely touch which we thoroughly enjoyed. Beds were extremely comfortable, everyone managed to get a good night's sleep on soft pillows, particularly our friend who had just arrived from Australia. We were also able to wash our clothes in a separate laundry area, and staff were very helpful and friendly.

The hotel is in the Dallas CBD so it can be a little quiet on the streets after dark but we could walk down to the spot where JFK was assassinated, the 6th Floor Museum and shopping. I would definitely stay here again if I was in Dallas.

Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank BeePhoenix
Naples, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2013

The help was very friendly, a little pricey for the valet parking. Nice hotel in a good location to walk to restaurants and bars. Well kept area of Dallas, clean and safe. We enjoyed walking to our destinations around the hotel. Nice setting for the wedding we attended. No pool.

Room Tip: Suites are nice from what we saw, we had a queen bed in a comfortable room.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
McKinney, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2013

It was our wedding anniversary, and we wanted to plan a night out...stay in a fantastic hotel, eat a great meal...and have a really wonderful evening. We had never been to the Magnolia...but I had heard great things, and frankly, there are many very positive reviews on Yelp. So, I decided to give it a shot, sounded like a nice hotel, the pictures on line were fantastic, the complementary happy hour, cookies and milk, and breakfast were all nice add-ons, as well. I booked a suite, and we anxiously awaited our stay.

During the reservation process, I spoke to Terra, in the Denver reservation center and she was incredibly helpful. So this level of service only further set the expectation level of what we expected from the hotel.

But, unfortunately upon our arrival...not so much.

I had called ahead to make sure they had noted on our reservation that we were celebrating our anniversary...I wasn't expecting them to comp me anything...but thought it might be nice to be greeted upon our arrival and wished a happy anniversary.

The person that checked us in could not have cared less that we were even staying in the hotel. He seemed incredibly bored with is job and really didn't care to deliver the kind of customer experience that one would expect from such a highly rated hotel.

We got our keys and headed to our room. It was a very large suite...living room, full kitchen and bedroom. But unfortunately the bed was incredibly uncomfortable....the bathroom was dirty...frankly, I have stayed in much nicer Hampton Inns.

Sure, the complementary happy hour is nice...the cookies and milk are a nice treat...and the complimentary breakfast was pretty good....

But we were looking for a fantastic hotel...a memorable experience, a place we could go to year after year.

All I can say is the only memories we have of this place are not good ones...I can't imagine going back...and if you are looking for a very special night in a very special place...this is not it.

I read all of the reviews on Yelp prior to making my reservation, and I for the life of me do not get the fascination with this place. I don't know if it has been hyped so much that everyone wants to get on board...but do not believe the hype...go someplace else.

Room Tip: go to another hotel.
Little Elm, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Magnolia when we went to a concert at the House of Blues. The shuttle service provided by the Magnolia was so helpful. They dropped us right in front of the concert hall with plenty of restaurants in walking distance. It is also very convenient that there is a CVS right across the street from the hotel in case you need anything. The service was very nice and the staff accommodating. The only negative really was that the elevators move kind of slow.