“Loved this place”

Magnolia Hotel Dallas Downtown
Ranked #16 of 206 Hotels in Dallas
Reviewed November 3, 2012

I stayed here in Dec 2011 on business and was disappointed it was not available for my most recent trip. I think the hotel and staff were all excellent. Rooms were lovely; a "suite" with a cute kitchenette; everything was clean. nice buffet breakfast and cookies at night. Very convenient to all that's downtown and shuttle service was helpful when you could get it. would recommend when it's available. I think they're getting so popular it's hard to get in!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business

Reviewed November 2, 2012

I got an amazing deal 139 plus tax for a signature room. The room could have easily cost 500 a night. Everything was perfect at this hotel from the friendly greeting at the front to the extremely helpful staff to the posh design, great location and mansion-like rooms.

The hotel seems older but has been very well maintained. Breakfast and internet were included but I slept through breakfast. Delicious cookies and milk are served nightly.

The lobby was snazzy the elevators were kind of scary probably due to age. My room was incredible. It was huge! There was a nice living room, a full kitchen (with older appliances if you want to be picky) the bathroom was roomy with an oversized tub and plenty of counter space.

My room was a suite. It was sound proof and inviting.

The beds were super comfortable and temperature controls worked well. The room was spotless and the staff gladly switched me to an upper floor room so I could have a view of the city.

There are plenty of good restaurants nearby and an interesting bar called "The Chesterfield" which is open late for a meal (after most of the good restaurants have closed).
There is a pharmacy across the street and a cab ride to the city landmark (that glowing ball with a restaurant) in it is about ten dollars. If you go there expect to pay a lot. I just stayed for a drink. The observation deck is closed in theory but you can sneak in by pressing that floor on the elevator control pad located on the OUTSIDE of the elevator. You also get a good view of the city without paying for an expensive meal or drink.
You can take a limo from the hotel to the airport for about fifty bucks (same as a cab). The airport is pretty far from downtown.

Bottom line: this hotel rocks!

Reviewed November 1, 2012

Got a great deal on a suite here for 2 nights. The suite was nice, with a full small kitchen, including an electric range, dishwasher and refrigerator. Plenty of pots, pans and plates, cutlery and glassware for 2. The living area had a large leather sofa and chair with a flat screen tv. Bathroom had a nice oval tub, no separate wc, but was nice, and clean. The bedroom area wasn't huge but just enough room for the queen size bed and a side table on either side of the bed, also a flat screen tv. Big walkin closet. Bed was comfortable. We wished for more tourist info in the room. Didn't see a concierge on duty while we were there. Our room on the 15th floor was fairly quiet. Could hear some street noise early Monday morning. Pulling the Roman shades for the next night helped considerably.

The happy hour reception was OK. Cookies and milk was a nice touch. Breakfast was fine, not a huge selection, but the basics are covered. Be there on time, because they take it up as soon as the posted time is up.

Valet service was friendly and quick. Front desk staff were friendly.

Would stay here again if the price was right. Not a luxury property, but nicer than I expected. Seemed to be a popular place for the younger set.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 1, 2012

The hotel was just alright. The paint was chipping off the walls in a few places in our room. Most of the lights require you to turn them all on apart from the light switch which made the room very dim. It costs $25 a night for valet, which I guess shouldn't have surprised me but would have been nice to know beforehand because there is no possible way to park anywhere else since the hotel is downtown, it added an additional $100 to our bill. I was there the weekend before Halloween and the hotel threw a very LARGE and very LOUD party that was disruptive to me as a non-attending guest. I wish they would have told me of this party prior to my booking the rooms so that I would have had the option of staying at a quieter hotel.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 1, 2012

The suites are very nice with evening reception and great bkfst.
Free wifi, excellent valet parking and in the heart of historic and majestic downtown.
I may not have stayed there at regular rates, but with the Suite Special we were very pleased.

Room Tip: We asked for a high floor and were placed on the 21st. Nice view and quiet!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 31, 2012

Very nice boutique hotel. I was pleased to find that the photos on the official website were very well representative of the actual hotel. The entire staff was very friendly and helpful. I felt the decor was a little on the dark side for my taste, but that said it was extremely well done and very clean. My room was up on the 20th floor (I was with a group, and those of us that replied that we would like a higher floor when asked were happier), and was very pleased with the amenities. The bathroom was especially nice and surprisingly spacious. Very much like a spa! The evening cookies and milk was a wonderful treat (bar service, coffee, and tea also available) at the end of the day.

Room Tip: As I mentioned above, they will ask you if you want to be on a higher or lower floor. Those of us in...
Reviewed October 29, 2012

Hotel is in a great location. Love the free breakfast in the morning, plus the free cookies and milk at night. They also have a FREE happy hour from 5:30-6:30pm which is definitely a plus.
Overnight parking is something like $26, which is a bit ridiculous, but then again you're in downtown Dallas. Wifi is also free and efficient. I also took advantage of their free shuttle while being downtown.
I found the rooms to be VERY dark. I had to crack open my hotel door to get a little more light in the hotel rooms at times. That and the parking is my only complaint, but I would definitely stay at the Magnolia again.

1  Thank theblondegirl