Magnolia Hotel Dallas Downtown
$289
$269
Autograph
  • Restaurant
Magnolia Hotel Dallas-Park Cities(Dallas)(Great Value!)
$139
$219
$207
Travelocity
3,460 results
All reviewsmilk and cookiesqueen suiteiron cactusgreat hotelfull kitchenevening receptioncocktail hourneiman marcusfree happy hourvalet servicefree breakfastvalet parkingfree shuttleconvention centerenjoyed my staywest endbusiness trip
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 31, 2012

Very nice boutique hotel. I was pleased to find that the photos on the official website were very well representative of the actual hotel. The entire staff was very friendly and helpful. I felt the decor was a little on the dark side for my taste, but that said it was extremely well done and very clean. My room was up on the 20th floor (I was with a group, and those of us that replied that we would like a higher floor when asked were happier), and was very pleased with the amenities. The bathroom was especially nice and surprisingly spacious. Very much like a spa! The evening cookies and milk was a wonderful treat (bar service, coffee, and tea also available) at the end of the day.

Room Tip: As I mentioned above, they will ask you if you want to be on a higher or lower floor. Those of us in our group (of a dozen people) that chose higher floors were happier with our rooms. Those of us on the inside were happier because we could still see out. The 4th wall ends at about floor 18. I was out at a corner but still facing the inside, and could see the freeway and sunrise in the distance.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 29, 2012

Hotel is in a great location. Love the free breakfast in the morning, plus the free cookies and milk at night. They also have a FREE happy hour from 5:30-6:30pm which is definitely a plus.
Overnight parking is something like $26, which is a bit ridiculous, but then again you're in downtown Dallas. Wifi is also free and efficient. I also took advantage of their free shuttle while being downtown.
I found the rooms to be VERY dark. I had to crack open my hotel door to get a little more light in the hotel rooms at times. That and the parking is my only complaint, but I would definitely stay at the Magnolia again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank theblondegirl
Reviewed October 26, 2012

DW and myself have just returned from a weeks vacation at the Magnolia hotel. The location is excellent and within walking distance of all places of interest.

The price includes a very good hot / cold breakfast and complimentary wine / beer (two glasses each) together with milk and cookies. This was wonderful.

The staff that we came into contact with were friendly and very helpful and this includes the driver of the free shuttle service for use within a three mile radius of the hotel.

We were in room 2210 so noise was not an issue, this was a queen suite and was very well appointed although the room was a little dark on a night and could perhaps have done with an extra light.

We did have a minor niggle regarding the cleaning of our room, not the quality of cleaning which was excellent, but when it was cleaned. We were at the hotel for 6 days and on only one occasion was the room cleaned before 3pm. If you are on business, then this is not an issue.

We were told that cleaning staff finished at 4:30pm but we saw them working at 6pm on one occasion. When returning from 5 hours plus sightseeing, it is disappointing not to be able to chill out in your room because you are waiting for it to be cleaned.

This was only a minor thing and overall the hotel was excellent and we would not hesitate to stay here again should we visit Dallas again. .:..

Room Tip: Try to choose a room as high as possible in order to mitigate street noise.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 25, 2012

This is a great choice in a hotel! The staff was very friendly, and prompt when needed! Being in downtown Dallas, the valet parking was a plus. My room was on the fifth floor, which was a little noisey at night, because of the outside noises. The next night when friends arrived, we stayed in a room on the 23rd floor. This was much better, being higher up the noises weren't a problem! The hotel was conviently located near resturants and bars in walking distance. Will definitely be back!

Room Tip: It is in downtown Dallas, so the higher the room, the less outside noise!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 25, 2012

The hotel is stylish and comfortable. The staff is absolutely wonderful. Great location. The view from the 15th floor is amazing. It was very quite for a hotel in downtown Dallas. Exceptional room and service.

Room Tip: The view from the 15th floor is wonderful. Try to stay on the clock side of the building.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple