“Great hotel and location”

InterContinental Dallas
Ranked #57 of 205 Hotels in Dallas
Reviewed August 18, 2009

This hotel is great, offers outstanding facilities and convenient location. Just loved it!

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for InterContinental Dallas

Reviewed August 11, 2009

We were told it will cool down. We should have never tried this place again, but some friends went as well and we tried again. Never, ever, again will I stay at this property. Our room was so hot, both nights, if we were not with another couple staying right next to us, we would have left when they told us that our room would get cooler as the night went on. They felt bad for us even, because their room was freezing compared to ours! They had a huge group there at the hotel and I guess the rooms were all full. This hotel is in a great location, but the service and property is horrible.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 27, 2009

For the price I paid you figure they would offer free internet, (every other hotel does) or at least a one time price for the duration of your stay and not every 24 hr. period that you staying.Also when I made my reservation I request a small fridge for my room and they said that it would be on first come first serve basis. I didn't have a problem with that but when I got to check in and ask for the fridge they told that it would be a $150.00 deposit, for that deposit I can go to the local store and buy one and I get to keep it.And by no means this hotel could rated 3-star or higher. One good thing it does have is the location, for shopping, dining and night-life.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed July 9, 2009

I stayed here for 4 nights during a recent business trip. The hotel is in a great location near major highways and tons of restaurants.

The interior looks a little dated but I would recommend if you can get a good deal (i.e. priceline)

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed June 29, 2009

The Intercontinental Addison is a pretty hotel in a great location - hard to beat the dining selections available within a mile of the hotel...perhaps hundreds. But we had a number of issues, most especially the temperature. The ballroom hovered around 65 degrees for our two days of meetings, fine for some but cold for others. The exhibit hall never got below 80, which made for uncomfortable days. In both cases, the hotel management told us they would "work on it, but this is usually what it is like in the summer." Look, your hotel is in Texas. Texas gets hot in the summer. If you are going to host conventions and meetings, wouldn't you figure out how to make areas comfortable?

The problems weren't limited to the common areas. Of my group's fourteen rooms, only four or five were cool enough for comfort. The A/C kept cranking, but never got really cold air out. That's a problem.

That said, the in-hotel Starbucks is a nice touch, and the hotel bar is reasonably comfortable, though lacking a wide selection of finer liquor options. Free parking is also a huge plus. A note on this, too: the free spaces filled up by 9 a.m., leaving only the $10 garage. By 5 p.m., there were plenty of spaces. If free parking is full, consider springing for the $18 valet because the garage isn't come-and-go. If you leave even one time during the day, the valet option just paid for itself. Plus the garage is a bit of a walk, whereas the valet is at the front entrance.

I'd stay there again, but not during summer months.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank eesti
Reviewed May 23, 2009

I've stayed here several times, twice for conferences, once for a wedding, each stay was fine. Most recently, I was attending a conference at another hotel, and I got a deal on this one through Hotwire for $81/night. I think the normal rate is upwards of $160. The inside is a bit dark, but clean. Checkin staff was friendly, parking was only so-so - they had valet for extra, and a garage that was $10/night but no in or out. So I self-parked, but the lot is not well lit with a bunch of trees.

The room was nice, clean, well appointed. The beds were ok, but the pillows were lumpy. Lighting was particularly dim, even for a hotel. The bathroom was adequate, shower worked fine. I didn't eat at the Starbucks or restaurants, but I had room service several times, and it was quite good - the French Toast was to die for.

Internet access was $9.95 per night, I couldn't get wireless to work, but wired seemed ok. Overall, decent hotel for a deal price, but for full price I would probably go for the Westin Galleria or something else.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed May 20, 2009

Why do the most expensive hotels charge for internet access - and in this case, access that worked sporatically. I had to end up replacing not only the wire (since wireless and wired are billed seperately, you must choose one or the other or pay twice!!!!) provided in my room, but also the in-room modem before getting any consistant service. It should be noted that the maintenance man that brought the equipment was very helpful and concerned. Otherwise, a good hotel with the typically overpriced amenities and F&B.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dallas
Courtyard Dallas Addison/Quorum Drive
Dallas/Addison Marriott Quorum by the Galleria
SpringHill Suites Dallas Addison/Quorum Drive
Radisson Hotel Dallas North-Addison
Home2 Suites by Hilton Dallas Addison
The Westin Galleria Dallas

Been to InterContinental Dallas? Share your experiences!