“Disgusting.” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #71 of 200 Hotels in Dallas
Arkansas
“Disgusting.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2009

Hotel was nice looking on the outside. The inside smelled like a mausoleum and the pool was DISGUSTING, there was junk floating around inside of it and it looked like it hadn't been maintained in a long time. The beds were very small and and the pillows were lumpy. Our comforter also had a blood stain on it. This is NOT a 4-star hotel, we have stayed in Holiday Inns WAY nicer than this place.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank foshs

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (145)
  • Polish first
Jackson, Mississippi
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2009

Pros: large rooms; comfortable bed; large meeting spaces, lobby, and bar; free outside parking; six elevators and one was always available; close to galleria and good food.

Cons: hotel showing a little age; expensive internet; free parking sometimes limited; location a little difficult to get in and out of.

Overall, this is a fine hotel but nothing outstanding. We would stay here again without complaint, but I wouldn't pay top dollar for it.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business
Midland, TX
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2009

We stayed at this hotel while we were in Addison for a wedding. We stayed for 3 nights. We enjoyed the hotel except for a few things. Be aware that if you choose to park in the garage ($10/day) there are no in and out privileges. Free parking was available but sometimes hard to find. The website stated that rooms in the Executive Club Level included a complimentary Continental Breakfast and a Complimentary Buffet Breakfast. I upgraded my room to that level becuase of the Buffet Breakfast and Complimentary Beer, Wine and horsdeuvres. Well, it turns out that the breakfast is continental only. After two calls to management to complain, they offered me some complimentary coupons for the full buffet breakfast. The breakfast buffet had only one cook to make the egg omelets. Scrambled eggs were not a part of the buffet. It was very slow getting served. Many of our fellow wedding attendees had difficulty getting rooms that matched their reservations, even though they had just confirmed the reservations.
The lobby lounge was very nice and comfortable but drinks were over-priced. The rooms were nice and beds were comfortable. Overall, it was an enjoyable stay and a reasonable value.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled with family
Buffalo Grove, IL
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2009

I stayed here on a business trip and was suprised how expensive the rooms were- I paid $189 for a group rate for a conference at the hotel. I've stayed in much, much better hotels for similar rates such as the Hyatt Regency in Scottsdale (during off season) and the Gaylord Palms in Orlando. The hotel itself and rooms were ok but I'd expect more for this rate. The rooms were recently updated and were fine. The pool was tiny but the hottub was dirty and the jets didn't work. There wasn't much at the hotel to enjoy; no great scenery or grounds, nothing to do in the hotel. One major dissapointment was the hotel's main restaurant. It seems as if they are trying to be a 4-star dining experience but the dining room was dingy, dirty, and outdated. There were stains on the chairs, napkins, etc. and we were sat at a table that had lots of little ants walking around on it. We asked to move tables and strangely enough they didn't remove the ants but sat another couple there a little while later! This couple noticed right away and asked to be moved also. Also, for some reason there was a portable heater blowing hot air near our table even though it was in the 70s outside. The food was sub-par and it seemed like the dining room was an extension of the room service as we were given small bottles of coke (instead of coke in a glass) and miniture sizes of mustard, etc. Doesn't seem 4-star to me! We did get room service which was fine but our steak came out rare when we asked for medium. Of course overpriced as in most hotels with an automatic $3.50 surcharge and 21% gratuity added on top. I saw them charging $17 for an omelette and $15 for three pancakes- crazy! The only thing going for this hotel is probably it's location to alot of other dining, nightlife, shopping, etc. Oh yeah, one good thing was the toiletries- they were by the salon brand Rusk and very good. I'm sure you can find more elsewhere for these rates!

• Stayed February 2009, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Columbus, Ohio
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2009

The Intercontinental Dallas is an OK hotel. The common areas and rooms are clean. The location is good. The staff was polite. Breakfast in the restaurant was fine.

Ok those were the good things. Now... the hotel was probably nice in 1982, which is the last time anything was updated. The lobby feels like a time warp - lots of brass and empty space, with the original ceiling tiles (and probably the original furniure).

The bed had a sag in it, the pillows were 11" thick (some misguided attempt by Housekeeping to "spruce up" the lousy bed).

I got a deal on the hotel on Hotwire, and for what I paid it was fine. If I had paid their normal rate, I would have been dissatisfied. There are definitely better hotels nearby.

• Liked — It was cheap on Hotwire.
  • Disliked — The sagging bed and too-thick pillows.
  • Stayed February 2009, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
blandry123
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2009

My girlfriends and I stayed at this hotel on our recent trip to celebrate my 40th Birthday! There are some undesirable reviews about this hotel so I called the hotel and spoke with the manager. He was very nice and assured me that their hotel was top notch. (Frankly, I wouldn't have expected him to say anything else). Still uneasy we decided to go ahead and follow through with our reservations because it was in a great location and we did get a great price. When we arrived I was delighted to see a beautiful hotel with warm friendly staff. Everytime we turned around someone was telling me "Happy Birthday". They even sent a Birthday cake to our room to help us celebrate. Every staff person we came in contact with was sooo friendly and thanked us for staying at their hotel. The few problems we did have were addressed immediately with a friendly smile. My only complaint (I told management) was that the matresses are a bit worn and needs to be updated. However, I would not let this stop me from staying at this hotel again. Our overall experience with this hotel was superb. The only reason I did not give it 5 stars is the matress.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Matress
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled with friends
Chicago, Illinois
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2009

We were badly bitten by bedbugs between Jan 2 and Jan 4. We wrote to warn IC to fumigate room 1208 but received no response. We were not planning legal action, though we have all evidence from our treatment at Northwestern Hospital upon our return to Chicago, but just wanted an acknowledgement that they would do something about the issue. All that aside, I prefer the Hilton in that part of Dallas.

• Disliked — Bedbugs
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Travelers are raving about these Dallas hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Dallas
Dallas/Addison Marriott Quorum by the Galleria
HYATT house Dallas/Addison
Le Meridien Dallas by the Galleria
SpringHill Suites Dallas Addison/Quorum Drive
Courtyard Dallas Addison/Quorum Drive
Radisson Hotel Dallas North-Addison

Been to InterContinental Dallas? Share your experiences!