“Pricelined the Hotel”

Ranked #66 of 201 Hotels in Dallas
Ardmore, Oklahoma
“Pricelined the Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2008

We were only here for one night and basically stayed in the room and left. I pricelined this hotel and was kind of weary as the reviews weren't great. The location is about 10 minutes from the Galleria and 20 form downtown. Beltline has alot of restaurants and shops so if you want to stay close there are plenty of places to eat and drink. The check in was fast and the attendant was nice. Our room was on the 10th floor and was pretty nice. I had no problem with bedbugs or the bed being too hard. The room was clean and pretty large. We had a King room and the robe was a nice touch. We checked out at 11:30 and there was no line and no issue with the attendant. She was in training and seemed to be nice. I would stay here again.

• Liked — location, renovated rooms
  • Disliked — parking
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (149)
  • Polish first
Louisville,KY
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2008

To be honest, after reading some of the reviews, I was a little worried about staying here. We were booked as a group for a family function. I thought, overall, we had a good experience. Really liked the health club that had good machines and weights. The room was attractive, although the bed was a bit hard for my tastes. Service was generally excellent. One day our room was not made up until the late afternoon, but I know that can happen sometimes. Prices in gift shop were over the top, but it was convenient to other shopping (loved the Galleria), so that wasn't too bad a problem.

• Liked — Good location, pretty room, good health club
  • Disliked — Prices in gift shop were crazy.
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
Paris, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2008

The hotel has been renovated however they should have spent some of the money on quaility beds rather than the marble and granite in the lobby. I don't sleep in the lobby!! The beds were terrible and our air unit made a sound like someone hitting a drum when it was on, which kept us awake. It looks to me like when they renovated all they were concerned with was aesthetics, not the important part like central h/a and quality beds.
The lobby: 4 star hotel, Rooms: not more than a 2 1/2 star.

• Liked — Lobby
  • Disliked — The lousy beds
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled with family
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Travelers are raving about these Dallas hotels

Oklahoma
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2008

I think the 4 star rating should be reviewed. I have stayed at enough 4 star hotels to know this is not comparable. Where do I start, the room decor was modern, they've done a great job except they left the bed alone. My bed was rock solid and was very uncomfortable. It seemed the walls were paper thin, we heard everything our neighbors were saying. The staff was great until departure day. The front counter staff was a bit stuffy. Customer service with a smile has not been implemented. Room service was overpriced for the quality of food that you get. I'm not sure I would stay at this hotel again.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Major traffice jams.
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled with family
Missouri
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2008

I was there for a meeting from Fri-Sun. I had bug bites from my stay, I paid for internet service and had to wait 2hrs for them to bring new cables because the ones in the room didn't work, and that isn't the worst of it. I went up to my room to get my credit card out of my purse and found that the room had been cleaned and my purse as well. My bank card was sticking half out of my purse, a few other cards were out of place and money was missing. I reported this to security who said they would "investigate" I had to cancel my bank card, credit cards, and checks. Over a week later I have not been compensated in any way....not even the money that was stolen. and they haven't even returned my calls. They refuse to provide me with a report of the incident and have not shown me that anything has been done. Do not leave anything in your rooms!

Lexington, Kentucky
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2008

Was recently here for a conference with over 650 attendees. Nice place, showing its age a little bit.
Guest rooms were dark, needed more light and drawer space.
Good service in hotel, shuttles and valets could have been more helpful...they should have expected our group making it busy there.

• Liked — had what we needed for our conference
  • Disliked — valet service, lack there of...
USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2008

Stayed at the InterContinental Dallas in September 2008 in connection with a conference. Room was large, comfortable, attractive and well-appointed. Bath was spacious. Property was clean and well-priced. Numerous dining options are within a short drive. Property seems well-managed and pricing (at least at the rate associated with my conference) was excellent. If you have reason to be in North Dallas/Addison, this property is an excellent choice.

• Liked — Comfortable, attractive, spacious, clean, well-priced, well-managed
    • Check in / front desk
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dallas
Dallas/Addison Marriott Quorum by the Galleria
Le Meridien Dallas by the Galleria
HYATT house Dallas/Addison
Hilton Dallas Lincoln Centre
The Westin Galleria Dallas
Courtyard Dallas Addison/Quorum Drive

Been to InterContinental Dallas? Share your experiences!