“Wouldn't Stay There Again”

InterContinental Dallas
Ranked #59 of 205 Hotels in Dallas
Reviewed October 9, 2008

The hotel has been renovated however they should have spent some of the money on quaility beds rather than the marble and granite in the lobby. I don't sleep in the lobby!! The beds were terrible and our air unit made a sound like someone hitting a drum when it was on, which kept us awake. It looks to me like when they renovated all they were concerned with was aesthetics, not the important part like central h/a and quality beds.
The lobby: 4 star hotel, Rooms: not more than a 2 1/2 star.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for InterContinental Dallas

Reviewed October 6, 2008

I think the 4 star rating should be reviewed. I have stayed at enough 4 star hotels to know this is not comparable. Where do I start, the room decor was modern, they've done a great job except they left the bed alone. My bed was rock solid and was very uncomfortable. It seemed the walls were paper thin, we heard everything our neighbors were saying. The staff was great until departure day. The front counter staff was a bit stuffy. Customer service with a smile has not been implemented. Room service was overpriced for the quality of food that you get. I'm not sure I would stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed October 3, 2008

I was there for a meeting from Fri-Sun. I had bug bites from my stay, I paid for internet service and had to wait 2hrs for them to bring new cables because the ones in the room didn't work, and that isn't the worst of it. I went up to my room to get my credit card out of my purse and found that the room had been cleaned and my purse as well. My bank card was sticking half out of my purse, a few other cards were out of place and money was missing. I reported this to security who said they would "investigate" I had to cancel my bank card, credit cards, and checks. Over a week later I have not been compensated in any way....not even the money that was stolen. and they haven't even returned my calls. They refuse to provide me with a report of the incident and have not shown me that anything has been done. Do not leave anything in your rooms!

Reviewed September 28, 2008

Was recently here for a conference with over 650 attendees. Nice place, showing its age a little bit.
Guest rooms were dark, needed more light and drawer space.
Good service in hotel, shuttles and valets could have been more helpful...they should have expected our group making it busy there.

Reviewed September 16, 2008

Stayed at the InterContinental Dallas in September 2008 in connection with a conference. Room was large, comfortable, attractive and well-appointed. Bath was spacious. Property was clean and well-priced. Numerous dining options are within a short drive. Property seems well-managed and pricing (at least at the rate associated with my conference) was excellent. If you have reason to be in North Dallas/Addison, this property is an excellent choice.

Reviewed August 27, 2008

Having stayed at the Intercontinental hotels in Paris and Amsterdam, this hotel does not have the same standards. We payed for a club room which gives you access to the 15th floor lounge and bar and "happy hour". When we went to get a drink, during the allotted time, the place was deserted the bar was closed and there were no staff around to question about this. You are also supposed to be able to get breakfast there.
The pool area although nice and of a good size had no umbrellas to provide any shade and as the temperature was in the 90's/100's this was very disappointing. The seating around the pool had no soft cushions so you had to sit on the metal/wrought iron, which was uncomfortable.
Having chosen this hotel specifically because it had a pool and wanting to relax there I was very disappointed. I will not be returning there. One saving grace, breakfast was excellent, and the evening meal in the restaurant was good.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed July 24, 2008

I stayed here after a Red River Shootout, and it was good. The room was cozy and it was easy to access. My only problem is that they toast the buns to their burgers, and it's a little crunchy on the outer edge, which I don't like. Otherwise, it was a nice night for me.

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled on business
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dallas
Courtyard Dallas Addison/Quorum Drive
Dallas/Addison Marriott Quorum by the Galleria
SpringHill Suites Dallas Addison/Quorum Drive
Radisson Hotel Dallas North-Addison
Home2 Suites by Hilton Dallas Addison
The Westin Galleria Dallas

Been to InterContinental Dallas? Share your experiences!