“They were a Godsend”

InterContinental Dallas
Ranked #57 of 205 Hotels in Dallas
Reviewed December 15, 2013

During the recent Dallas ice storm I lost power at my residence and had to immediately find somewhere to spend the night. Nearby hotels were booked solid with stranded travelers and driving was treacherous. Managing to get to the Intercontinental, I was welcomed there and offered a generously discounted rate. They were taking in many locals who were in the same circumstance as me. I could not have been more appreciative at the time, and am especially so now after hearing about places that were gouging desperately dislocated people stranded by the weather.

I've had the pleasure of staying at Ritz's and Four Season's properties and categorize the Dallas Intercontinental in the same realm. Very nice place. Incredibly considerate and gracious staff. Five stars in my book.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
ICDALLAS1, General Manager at InterContinental Dallas, responded to this reviewResponded December 16, 2013

Dear Steven V,

I am so happy that you managed to make it to the InterContinental® Dallas safely and appreciate you taking the time to provide us with such wonderful feedback.

I certainly do not wish for another ice storm to hit Dallas but do hope that we have the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Kind regards,

There are newer reviews for InterContinental Dallas

Reviewed November 26, 2013

I stayed at the Intercontinental, Dallas in October, 2013 for four nights. I had made my reservations a couple months in advance. The first night I had to spend at a nearby hotel, because they had overbooked the hotel and didn't have a room for me. As you can imagine, I was not thrilled about this. The hotel they sent me to was a decent three star hotel. To their credit, they did pay for the hotel room the first night. Then I went back to the Intercontinental for three nights. The first time I took a shower I was appauled at the towels. One of them had clearly not been bleached and had brown stains all over it. It was really disgusting. The rest of the towels were clean, but they had the consistency of fine sand paper. The beds were also very uncomfortable. They both saged in the middle and I ended up with a sore back after three nights. Usually I like hotel pillows because they are big and soft. This hotel was an exception to the rule, and I ended up not sleeping very well. The staff was very nice, however. In fact, they were the best part of the stay. I'm guessing that they have a lot of experience dealing with complaints from customers.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
ICDALLAS1, General Manager at InterContinental Dallas, responded to this reviewResponded December 1, 2013

Dear afoodsnob-1,

I appreciate your comments regarding our overbooking but much like airlines, hotels nationwide strive to sell all available guestrooms and therefore overbook themselves counting on very detailed, historic metrics to arrive at perfect sell outs.

There are occasions, however, immaterial of how diligent one follows all of the right protocols, where things don't work out the way they are planned, adversely affecting various constituent groups. It is most disappointing, but this is a universal phenomenon for all businesses, anywhere. I can regrettably not share the details of what caused the situation but can assure you that we had no intention of relocating anyone and apologize for the inconvenience this caused you.

In regards to the issues you experienced in your room, please know that I will be speaking with housekeeping immediately and sincerely apologize that we missed so many details during your stay. Please also know that we are going to make a $400k investment in laundry equipment in order to provide our guests with superior towel and bed linen products.

With great regret,

Reviewed November 23, 2013

The room was comfortable and nearly luxurious! Here comes the Rest of The Story:The concierge was extremely UNHELPFUL-gave wrong or incomplete directions; not up to the par of the rest of the hotel and its services. Also had to twice wrangle with the front desk to get the type of room i reserved (King bed). Starbucks in the Lobby. Very helpful Valet attendants. the Conference rooms were nice, the sound system had quirks with feedback. Not too far from The Galleria shopping and nice restaurants-plenty of taxis. In spite of all this i would stay here again.

Room Tip: watch out for the rooms over the open area below-noisy (esp during setups in the early am hours), br...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
ICDALLAS1, General Manager at InterContinental Dallas, responded to this reviewResponded November 25, 2013

Dear Gerald H,

I appreciate you taking the time to share your recent experience with us. Please know that your feedback is much appreciated and helps us to continue to improve each and every guest visit.

I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your accommodations but would like to apologize for the issues you had with concierge and front desk. Please know that I will personally speak to my team to ensure that our services are indeed up to par with the hotel and brand.

We hope you give us another opportunity to serve you again in the near future.

Respectfully,

Reviewed November 20, 2013

This hotel had one of the most comfortable beds I have ever slept in, with very nice soft linens. I had such a wonderful sleep. The bathroom was a bit dated, which I don't mind, but what I did mind were the awful towels. They were so stiff and abrasive that I felt like I was exfoliating against my will. This would be an easy fix for an otherwise nice hotel.

Dear Boocouver,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us.

I am happy to hear how you enjoyed our comfortable bed but would like to apologize for the towels. Please know that I will personally look into how we can improve them.

We hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed November 9, 2013

Checking out after a 3 night stay for a conference. I have to agree with other posts that this property is definitely starting to show it's age. All in all it is still a fairly nice hotel.
The good: Rooms are spacious, well appointed. Beds are comfortable, Rooms are very quiet. Almost no hallway noise and no outside noise. The work out room was so-so. Staff was very friendly and courteous. Housekeeping did a great job. Was recognized as a Priority rewards member upon checking in which was nice.
The bad: Upon check in, I went to get a bit at the restaurant. It was not very full at all but had to wait over 20 minutes to even be acknowledged for seating. Was given a menu and seated finally, but after 25 minutes no one even came by--no water, no order, nothing...so I left. As stated, the building is showing it's age. Ceiling tiles in conference rooms and common areas are stained and misplaced. One time at the convention, a ceiling tile started leaking right over a display. The bathroom in my room was nice, except for the rust around the shower head. The location is ok, just not great for a conference as there are not many walking options to restaurants.

Room Tip: Get upper level for less noise
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
ICDALLAS1, General Manager at InterContinental Dallas, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2013

Dear hellogoodbye_7,

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide us with such a detailed overview of your experience. Please know that your feedback is extremely important and helps my team and I to further enhance each and every guest experience.

I am happy to hear that you were pleased with our friendly staff and room accommodations. I will be sure to relay the compliments to my team. However, I am truly sorry for the issues you experienced at Q de Cheval as well the leakage during your convention. Our maintenance team has already fixed the ceiling issue and I will personally speak with my food and beverage team to ensure that every difficulty you experienced is looked into and resolved immediately.

We are currently in the process of re-inventing ourselves and I truly hope you give my team and I another chance to redeem itself when your travels bring you back to the area.

With warm regards,

Reviewed October 25, 2013

This was the worst hotel experience. Had to attend a conference at this hotel. Made room reservations several months ahead of time. Upon arrival, was told I had to be re-routed to a different hotel as this hotel had over booked their rooms (they over booked by 300 people!) How does that happen? The staff (including manager) was condescending and rude. They acted as though they were doing me a favor by shuttling me to another hotel for the one night. The hotel they chose was dirty with mold on the bathroom tiles. They did pay for the one night inconvenience, but this only benefits my employer, not me. They did, however, give the displaced patrons a box of truffles for their inconvenience. I do hope you note the sarcasm in that last statement. They also charged my bank account an extra $100 and blamed my bank for that charge. The room was nothing special, the toilet did not flush properly, and the cover to the A/C unit kept falling off. Also, a chair broke while a lady was sitting on it (next to me), and the spa area was unclean. Do yourself a favor and stay at a 2 star hotel. You will get better service and accommodations (again sarcasm noted).

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel all together.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Carla N
ICDALLAS1, General Manager at InterContinental Dallas, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2013

Dear Carla N,

There are occasions, however, immaterial of how diligently one follows all of the right protocols, where things don’t work out the way they are planned, adversely affecting various constituent groups. It is most disappointing, but this is a universal phenomenon for all businesses, anywhere.

I can regrettably not share the details of what caused this situation. I can assure you, though, we had no intention of relocating anyone. As soon as my team and I became aware of our unfortunate circumstances, we immediately and proactively reached out to our guests to mitigate the inconvenience rather than waiting around to relocate everybody upon arrival, which is how hotels would normally handle these kinds of situations. I am sure that this strategy would have been much more undesirable for our guests.

I offer my sincerest apologies for the way this situation developed and for the inconvenience it caused.

Reviewed October 24, 2013

As some of the other reviews have said, this hotel is looking a little tired but only in the sense of my expectations of what an Interconntinental Hotel should be like. It is still good quality and in fairness also reasonably priced. The staff were excellent - every request was met and they went out of their way to help. We enjoyed our stay here, found it well located to visit other parts of Dallas and it is in walking distance of a number of shops and eating venues.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family

Dear Kent_England_Sjw,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us.

We truly appreciate your comments and are pleased to hear that you found our rates to be reasonable, our location convenient and staff to be excellent. I will most certainly share your kind words to my team and hope that we have the pleasure of serving you again in the near future.

Most Sincerely,
Stefan Huber

Also consider these accommodations in or near Dallas
Courtyard Dallas Addison/Quorum Drive
Dallas/Addison Marriott Quorum by the Galleria
SpringHill Suites Dallas Addison/Quorum Drive
Radisson Hotel Dallas North-Addison
Home2 Suites by Hilton Dallas Addison
The Westin Galleria Dallas

Been to InterContinental Dallas? Share your experiences!