“Lovely hotel”

Ranked #58 of 203 Hotels in Dallas
Union, Kentucky
“Lovely hotel”
Reviewed October 20, 2013

Honestly, I can't understand the negative reviews in here. I found the hotel to be grand and beautiful from the lobby to the rooms to the restaurant. In the lobby, I was promptly and warmly greeted by the reception staff. There were stunning boquets of fresh flowers, gorgeous crystal chandeliers, and fruit infused water for incoming guests to enjoy. My room was elegantly furnished. I was on a high floor (12) and I had great water pressure with instant hot water. The bed was comfortable and the room included everything I needed - plenty of lamps, a comfy armchair and ottoman, a desk with numerous and convenient outlets, and free Internet.
In the restaurant, service was prompt and the food was excellent. They offered a wonderful gluten free menu and enthusiastically received feedback on it. There is also a Starbucks in the hotel.
My experience was extremely positive in every regard and I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
ICDALLAS1, General Manager at InterContinental Dallas, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Dear KathTN,

Thank you so much for staying at the InterContinental Dallas and for providing such a wonderful and detailed overview of your experience with us.

I appreciate the high recommendation and look forwarding to welcoming you again in the near future.

Kinds regards,
Stefan Huber

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (154)
  • Polish first
Chula Vista, California, United States
Reviewed October 19, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for a real estate conference. The rooms were impeccably clean. I called the front desk because my door lock was broken and maintenance guy came up shortly to fix it. He was a super nice guy who enjoyed doing his job. The workout room is equipped with several treadmills so I didn't have to wait for one. Fresh clean towels, water and fresh fruit is available. I really enjoyed staying here, truly a five star hotel.

• Stayed October 2013
Dear Grace T,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience and for choosing to stay at the InterContinental Dallas during your real estate conference.

I am happy to hear that you found our rooms impeccably clean and that you enjoyed our workout facility. I apologize for the door lock being broken but glad that it was fixed in a timely manner.

Thank you again and we look forward to serving you in the near future.

Respectfully,
Bloomington, Illinois
Reviewed October 15, 2013

For a surprisingly low rate, I spent a night here for business. What a wonderful little hotel. The staff were awesome, from allowing me to check in very early to all sorts of free surprises. Free drinks at the bar. Free breakfast.

In the room, it's a lovely little setup. It felt like it had been a few years since a full remodel, but the room was clean, comfortable, and had those expensive feeling touches to it. I'll happily be back! I'm still amazed that the rate was the same as staying at any other IHG property in the area. If you have the choice, this is a no brainer.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
ICDALLAS1, General Manager at InterContinental Dallas, responded to this review, October 19, 2013
Dear Evan R,

Thank you for staying at the InterContinental Dallas during your business trip and for sharing your wonderful experience with us.

I will relay your kind words regarding our awesome staff to my team and look forward to welcoming you again in the near future.

Kind regards,
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Reviewed October 15, 2013

I was in Dallas about ten days ago to take care of a very short business and wanted to spend the rest of the weekend there enjoying some local events. I made reservations at the InterContinental as it was a highly rated hotel conveniently located in the area I needed to be at. My stay was for two nights and I traveled with my teenaged son.

We noticed there was a big wedding going on upon our arrival. I wouldn't even mention it, but I think some guests from the wedding party were staying somewhere close to us. We went to bed at a reasonable time, but could sleep for most of the night as a group of young guys kept partying until really late (or early morning). They were singing songs in unison, and I was even trying to figure out the tune and the words with my ears covered by a pillow. Fortunately, we didn't hear anybody on Saturday night and had some better sleep.

The hotel also was hosting some sort of convention for Zurvita (Zeal energy drink). It would be no problem at all, except that we had to leave and come back to the hotel three times during the day. It was very difficult to find parking, as it was always full. We had to drive back and forth and wait until somebody would pull out. There was a valet parking option, but I didn't want to spend extra money out of pocket every time.

Besides these two inconveniences, everything was as expected in the hotel itself. It was clean, beds were comfortable, and we got the standard set of things to use while staying.

I definitely enjoyed the free internet, as a lot of places seem to charge extra for that these days.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Dear Kalistrat,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with us. Please know that your feedback is much appreciated and that all comments shared enable my team and I to further improve each and every guest experience.

I am extremely sorry to hear about the noise and parking issues you encountered and would like to sincerely apologize for the discomfort and hassle you had to endure. It is our responsibility to make your stay an enjoyable one and regret that events occurring in the hotel made for an unpleasant stay.

If your travels bring you back to Dallas, I would greatly appreciate it if you would contact me at front.office@ihg.com so that I can apologize to you in person.

Always at your service,
Georgetown, Texas
Reviewed October 13, 2013

We checked in for my birthday weekend. My husband is an Ambassador with InterContinental hotel, was a Royal since we travel so much internationally. Our room was on the club floor, very small. Usually we are upgraded to a suite. (see review for New Orleans Property). The phone didn't work so I went downstairs and requested an ice bucket to put our bottle of "Dom" in to chill. Usually upon our arrival there is a complimentary bottle of wine, fruit, chocolates and a welcoming note. We did not have a bottle of warm water. Later, the ice bucket did arrive. It was a cardboard bucket. (I'm not kidding!) they did eventually send up chocolates and fruit. The hotel was virtually deserted. Other than a wedding party we saw only a handful of other guests the entire stay. The check in process was very unprofessional and not friendly. What happened to all the beautiful fresh flowers that used to be in the lobby? What happened to the button on the phone for "instant service" for anything you want where they address you by your name? The room smelled musty and dingy. We have a history of staying at this hotel over the last ten years. Not anymore!
The other guests we ran into also had problems with their rooms. Give me an international
InterContinental anytime, they know how to treat their clientele .

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
ICDALLAS1, General Manager at InterContinental Dallas, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
Dear Denise A,

Thank you for taking the time to express your concerns regarding your recent visit with us. Please know that your feedback is much appreciated and every detail you provided will be looked into immediately.

I am truly sorry for the many incidents that occurred during your birthday celebration. My team and I strive to provide our guests with great experiences and regret we did not live up to the standards that you have come to expect with our brand. Please be assured that I will be working with me team to improve the quality of our offerings.

I understand that you may have second-thoughts about returning but being that we are in the process of re-inventing ourselves, I truly hope you may give my team another chance to redeem itself. When your plans bring you back to the area, I hope you will contact me at front.office@ihg.com so that I can apologize to you in person.

With great regret,
Waterbury, Vermont, United States
Reviewed October 12, 2013

I have spent at least one week every month at this hotel over the past three years and consider it my home away from home. As a club member I stay on the 14th or 15th floor and have access to the lounge where they provide an excellent breakfast with a wonderful cappucino machine. The buffet breakfast in the hotel restaurant is excellent and a great setting for business meetings. Dinner is good as well. The staff is terrific. They have a shuttle which will take and pick you up any where within a 3 mile radius. Shirley at the front Desk who works the night shift always has the NY Times and the WSJ ready for me after my morning workout. There is also a very nice pool here. The hotel is within walking distance to dozens of great restaurants on Beltline Ave. Rooms are clean and beds are very comfortable.The only downside to this hotel is the gym. I have been complaining to management about it for 3 years and finally this year they have taken several steps to upgrade the gym. Still not there.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dear Jed B,

Thank you for being such a loyal club member and for taking the time to provide such a detailed review of the hotel.

I am pleased to learn that you enjoyed our lounge, buffet breakfast, complimentary shuttle service, pool and accommodations. I will most certainly notify Shirley of your kind words as they are much appreciated. Please know that we take all reviews very seriously and your feedback in regards to the gym will be looked into.

Thank you for making our hotel your home away from home and we look forward to serving you again soon.

Respectfully,
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed October 8, 2013

I recently spent two nights at this property during a business meeting with a large group. I found the rooms spacious, clean and well appointed, the meals very good and the staff pleasant. I had no problems during my two days and nights here. The meeting space is very good and adequate for most large conventions.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
ICDALLAS1, General Manager at InterContinental Dallas, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Dear Steve R,

I can't thank you enough for such a complimentary review of the hotel and for choosing to stay with us during your business meeting.

I am happy to hear that you found our accommodations enjoyable and the staff pleasant. I will definitely share your comments with my team.

We hope to see you again soon.

Most Sincerely,
Stefan Huber
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dallas
Dallas/Addison Marriott Quorum by the Galleria
Le Meridien Dallas by the Galleria
The Westin Galleria Dallas
Courtyard Dallas Addison/Quorum Drive
HYATT house Dallas/Addison
Hilton Dallas Lincoln Centre

Been to InterContinental Dallas? Share your experiences!