“Be aware of remodeling!”

InterContinental Dallas
Ranked #58 of 203 Hotels in Dallas
“Be aware of remodeling!”
Reviewed March 10, 2013

Now I now facilities have to remodel from time to time...am ok with that but dont put my room right under the room being remodel! could not take a nap at all...I called to see what could be done and they did offer a different room which was what they should have done from the begening...other than that is was great. Great number of restaurants by the hotel on Belt Line rd and close to the Galleria Mall.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
ICDALLAS1, Manager at InterContinental Dallas, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience.

I was sorry to hear about your experience during your stay, I fully agree that you should have been advised upon arrival, so please accept my apology that that did not happen.

Our remodeling is over, so please come back soon!

Director of Rooms Division

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (154)
  • Polish first
Grand Junction, Colorado
Reviewed March 1, 2013 via mobile

My family stayed for two nights and we left feeling that the hotel was average. The front desk was very friendly but that was the end of friendly faces. The starbucks lady and the gift shop ladies both seemed to have woke up on the wrong side of the bed.

The room was nice but not spectacular by any means. The room became very stuffy too with terrible ventilation. Size of the room was small too.

The one thing we will be taking with us is that they love to charge extra for everything. The parking garage is 10 dollars each time you leave. Internet is an extra charge for each device you hook up each day.

The only positive thing about the hotel is that we paid less than $100 per night to stay. It was an average hotel at that price per night but definitely not a $200 per night stay.

• Stayed February 2013
4 Thank bkrug78
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about the InterContinental Dallas.

I am delighted to hear your comments regarding our front desk; however I was extremely disappointed to hear about the challenge you experienced in the room. I have also noted your feedback concerning your experience at the Starbucks; please accept my apologies for any discomfort that this may have caused you. Your feedback has been shared to the concerned departments to ensure that the team is aware of your comments.

Please rest assured that we will use your comments to continue ensuring that we deliver the highest of standards to our guests, collecting feedback is an essential part of the journey.

Aurora, Colorado, United States
Reviewed February 25, 2013

The hotel was very busy but the staff was excellent. I used the executive club to host several meetings and it was an excellent choice. The hostess (Kim) was friendly and very helpful. They are my top choice for Dallas

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
ICDALLAS1, Manager at InterContinental Dallas, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience on line.

It was indeed a pleasure to know that you enjoyed the hotel and we are glad to know that our property is your top choice in Dallas!

Kim was so happy when I shared your kind words with her. She joined our team four months ago, and as you noticed Kim really knows how to go above and beyond!

Raleigh, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed February 25, 2013

I stayed at this wonderful hotel for several days while at a conference. The staff was as nice as any staff I have encountered. It was like each and every staff member had a stake in the business. My favorite part of my stay? Hands down, the Eggs Benedict on the breakfast buffet!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Our entire team was thrilled when I shared your wonderful comments regarding your experience here at the InterContinental Dallas!

Please come back soon for another great breakfast buffet!

Mexicali, Mexico
Reviewed February 20, 2013

My family and I are impressed by the good care you provide your guests.

Last year, we visited the InterContinental Dallas Hotel and we received the best in everything, of course we noticed all your facilities are really good.

We want to specially point out the interest, kindness and courtesy of all the Hotel’s staff; everyone was always willing to help and make us feel comfortable.

We deeply appreciate the attentions received from Massimiliano Puglisi and his coworkers.

We will look forward the opportunity to visit you again.

Best Regards,

Mr. Calvo & Family

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed February 18, 2013

i am a regular at westin gallaria , valentine s week decided to stay away from mall traffic so stayed at intercontinental hotel dallas nice place . i arrived at 6;15 pm in a taxi valet jumped quickly open the taxi door greeted well , open the truck took my bag out waited patiently while i was paying , i dont know his name iranian looking guy ,tall, walked me to front desk , try to sell me the resturant , room service , pointed me to gift shop praise the beautiful bar very nice guy , good sense of humor funny . Line was quite long offered me a water while i was waiting good guy , i am from chicago but he knew more about chicago than me. Lady at the front desk was very polite. Elevators were clean 15th floor lounge was great . While valet was walking me in the lobby he had mention about shuttle service and i told him i always stay at gallaria my friend are there he said we will be happy to take you there , and you made a great choice staying here we are great hotel been here longer than gallria nice clean rooms and truly nicer place , quite and nice. But one bad experience i came down stairs walked up to the door saw another valet same valet that helped me was talking to some lady outside sitting on the bench . I asked the other valet can i please get a shuttle service to gallaria he was an african guy said you mean courtesy shuttle its not free shuttle ? wow that is rude i know these guys work for tips . I am a traveler . He said 15 minutes have a seat inside . After 20 minutes i asked him is the shuttle here he said to another valet spanic looking kid let me take him, sounded like he was doing me a favor , while he was driving some one called he answer talked in his language for few mins very rude than another phone rang he answer that too said 15 mins, two phones are not a good idea you should have a radio or one phone , anyways he drove very fast talking in his language all the way when we got to gallaria he did not bother opening my door may be he was having a bad day it no big deal . i took a taxi back valet was prompt open my door open the trunk there was no bag , he asked me sir no bags i said no , as i was walking inside i over heard the driver that took me there he was inside looked like watching tv said i took him he came in taxi or something , that changed my mind i wont come back to your hotel i am not treated like king or most important person of the day , at westin like i felt when i arrived in taxi both times i felt special but they dont insult me like your driver did, you lost a high paying customer i stayed in your suit i come to dallas once every two weeks .

Room Tip: my room was great i wish driver was not so rude i would have love to make a switch
1 Thank barton j
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental Dallas, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
Dear barton j,

Thank you for taking the time to leave our property a review. we appreciate the compliments on our property. We strive to provide the best possible service and experience and it is always great to hear from our guests on how we are doing. We deeply regret the overall dissatisfaction of your stay especially with the service received from one of our hotel staff not being at par with your expectations. We take all comments into consideration and welcome any opportunity to improve. We are hospitality professionals and strive to be the best. Your comments will be looked into.

Once again, thank you for your comments.

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHGCare
Edgewood, New Mexico
Reviewed February 14, 2013

I've stayed at this particular hotel more times than I can count, and have a pretty good feel for the hotel and the type of clientele it serves. I remained loyal to the hotel and stayed multiple times while the entire hotel was under renovation and wrapped in saran wrap. It was a real mess when it was under construction, but I stayed true. Because of my familiarity with the property, this review will be a blend of my total experience combined with my most recent stay.

Check in is usually efficient with pleasant desk clerks. This particular stay my room key didn’t work and I had to go back to the desk to have it fixed – twice. The second time the desk clerk accompanied me to the room, and had the security guy meet us there. The key still didn't work, and it was determined that the problem was apparently in the key reader. It slowed me down in getting to my room, but it wasn’t a deal breaker. I was surprised though that I never received a note or a call from a manager. Usually they pay attention to problems when an elite guest (Royal Ambassador) is involved. Again, it was not what I expected, but it won’t affect my loyalty to the hotel or the IHG chain unless it becomes a pattern.

A plus for this property is that self-parking is free if you don’t mind parking outside in an open lot. Valet parking is also available. When the hotel is crowded with a special function it isn’t uncommon to find there is nowhere in the open lot for overnight guests to park until the event crowd leaves. It can be a problem and force you to use the valet services.

I rarely leave a hotel to find a restaurant while on a business trip, so I usually have meals at concierge lounges and hotel restaurants. The renovations at this hotel also included updating the concierge lounge on the 15th floor. They did a very nice job architecturally, the room is spacious, the hosts attentive and nice. The food in the lounge however, is another story. The continental breakfast is okay because it’s hard to really mess that up. They don’t offer any hot dishes though. I find the evening receptions seriously lacking, especially compared to other Intercontinental hotels. Since the renovations, every time I’ve been to the IC Dallas the evening hors d'oeuvres have been the same. No hot dishes in the evening, just mozzarella and tomato skewers, cold grilled vegetables, a few cheeses and cold cuts. Now, there is nothing particularly wrong with that – unless you stay multiple nights at the hotel every other month. Many guests just want to have a little something before going to the room. The same little “something” gets very old when it’s the same thing every single night. In my opinion, guests that are offered a “buy up” to the executive floor should take this into consideration. Don’t do it for the food.

I have dined at the hotel bar so often that I have the menu memorized. (It hasn’t changed much either.) I enjoy having my meals at this hotel bar because the bartenders are all very friendly and extremely efficient. Many times they call me by name when they see me and remember my drink of choice. There is a bar menu, but I’ve never had a problem ordering from the regular restaurant menu as long as the restaurant is open. The food is almost always good, and isn’t too unreasonably priced. I especially like the fried portabella mushrooms.

As for the room? I’m always upgraded to a bi-level executive suite, and I enjoy those rooms very much because I am guaranteed that I won’t hear heavy-footed guests walking overhead at night. The room is spacious, the bed and pillows are comfortable, and I sleep very well. The bathrooms aren’t very modern, and only have shower/tub combinations but it’s a big tub should you want to soak. (Note: This room review is only for the executive suite, not the luxury suite. Luxury suites are quite different.) There is plenty of counter space and the amenities are decent quality. After the renovations the guest rooms finally have wireless internet, and it is usually an acceptable speed. Usually. And it isn’t free unless you have status with Intercontinental. Also, it is hard to cool the suites in the summer so you might want to take that into consideration.

So after this lengthy review, what will I recommend? I will tell you to give this hotel a try because it’s like an old friend. Comfortable, sometimes unpredictable, but generally reliable.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience in such great detail.

Your so loyalty towards InterContinental Hotels and our property is very appreciated.

By reading your review it appears that you fully experience all the services of the hotel, and your feedback is extremely valuable for us.

I was sorry to hear about your experience with the key cards and are glad it did not effect your confidence in us. I fully agree that you should have been contacted by a manager, so please accept my apology that that did not happen.

In regards to the club lounge I am thrilled to share with you that we have updated our menu for the club lounge to include hot dishes and more variety.

Director of Rooms Division
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dallas
Dallas/Addison Marriott Quorum by the Galleria
Le Meridien Dallas by the Galleria
The Westin Galleria Dallas
Courtyard Dallas Addison/Quorum Drive
HYATT house Dallas/Addison
Hilton Dallas Lincoln Centre

Been to InterContinental Dallas? Share your experiences!