“Nice Hotel, Slow Internet, No Heat”

InterContinental Dallas
Ranked #58 of 207 Hotels in Dallas
Reviewed January 30, 2013

The Lobby is large and luxurious. Check in was quick with no wait. The room was 216.4 sqft (13' x 16'6"). This is average for a hotel (Hampton is typically 225 sqft, Microtel is 198 sqft). The room had a luxurious feel. Stone tile entranceway, stone tile in bathroom, solid furniture, quiet construction. The furnishings were rather new, clean, and classy. The internet asks for $10 a night but when I charged it to the room it didn't show up on the bill. The internet was trickling along at 4MB per minute. The restaurant is great and the breakfast buffet is well worth the price. I've paid as much for a buffet in Vegas and the food quality was far less. Service the first day was great. The second day not so great but okay. The room was quiet and the window was single pane so it let in road noise from the highway. Not enough to be annoying... just present. There was a light bulb missing from one fixture and a burned out bulb in one of the two lamps by the bed. I had great showers two days at about 7:00am and on the third I took a rather cold shower at 6:00am. The room had great air conditioning but no heat. I used the hair dryer to warm up the bathroom in the morning after my cold shower. People tend to dress up a notch at this hotel. Jeans and a T-shirt were uncommon. Free parking on the ground was great. There are sidewalks across the street from the hotel (Spectrum Drive) that go along a quiet (when people aren't mowing or leaf blowing) side street. This offered a pleasant walk on a warm day.

Room Tip: Rooms on the South side have a nice view. The North Side has a large roof for conference rooms. If...
1  Thank EngineerDude
ICDALLAS1, Manager at InterContinental Dallas, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2013

Thank you for taking your time to share your detailed experience with us.

I was glad to hear you found our breakfast up to your expectations; as you can see, our culinary team takes a lot of pride in what they do. Although the breakfast was great, I was extremely disappointed to hear about the challenges you faced during the stay and I would love the opportunity to discuss these further – at your convenience. Please find my contact information below:

Massimiliano.puglisi@ihg.com
Direct Line: 972-789-3006

I am looking forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed January 24, 2013

We recently had our annual meeting at the Intercontinental Hotel, I was pleasantly surprised by their professionalism and can do attitude; from Ms. Irene Soleymani, Director of conference planning, to their AV liaison. All staff members were very welcoming.
Your catering staff was the most courteous group I’ve worked with. They demonstrated a compelling desire to make our meeting a special and memorable event.
Thank you again, to all the staff members of the Intercontinental Hotel in Dallas for making our experience an unforgettable one.
Laura Lichtenstein
Div. Admin. Coordinator
Gexpro Services

Dear Ms. Lichtenstein,

Thank you so much for your kind words! The InterContinental Dallas is honored that you and your team chose our hotel to host Gexpro Services meeting. We know you have many choices when looking for a venue to host your event, so choosing us is not a decision we take lightly. We are so proud to have Mrs. Irene Soleymani as a part of our team and she was very thrilled to hear the kind words you shared about our property and team.

Thank you for uploading the picture; it looked like a very fun event!

We’re glad to hear that your stay with us was a success and look forward to having the opportunity to serve you again soon.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

I stayed with my husband and son at the hotel for 5 days in october. The hotel was pretty nice, with spacious rooms. The bathroom was quite small.
We used the free parking.
I would stay again in this hotel,

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
ICDALLAS1, Manager at InterContinental Dallas, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your stay online.

I am thrilled to know you chose our hotel for your week with us! I would also like to express my gratitude for your kind comments on our spacious room and complimentary parking.

We all look forward to welcoming your family again very soon!

Reviewed January 23, 2013

We booked via Priceline and got this hotel at a great deal. The staff were all very accommodating. The hotel itself was well appointed. The bar in the lobby was very open and welcoming. We enjoyed a couple of drinks before heading for bed after a long trip. We had only planned on having a drink a piece, but it was far too delicious! We would have like to have enjoyed the restaurants and shops, but we were lacking in time and will have to hit them next time we're in Dallas.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for sharing your wonderful experience with us!

I am thrilled to know you were able to book a great rate through one of our partners! Thank you for your kind comments towards our staff and property! I agree, our drinks our delicious and wish you were able to stay a tad longer to enjoy them!

Reviewed January 20, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for a conference last weekend. I was very displeased to find out that there was no free wi-fi. With this being a conference type hotel this is ridiculous. It was $10/day for Internet. There is also only one shuttle for hotel use (going to eat, shop, etc.). Other issues we had was the temp in the hotel. It was either sweltering or freezing cold. I had zero issues the hotel room or the staff. The staff was actually very friendly.

1  Thank Fabmc13

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on TripAdvisor!

I was glad to hear that our service and accommodation met your expectations; although I was very disappointed about the climate in the hotel during your stay; I sincerely apologize for the issue and I would be honored to have the pleasure, at your convenience, to discuss it further; please my information below.

In regards to the the internet, I hope you were advised upon arrival about the complimentary internet in our Executive Business Center. I personally make sure that we are consistently aligned with our local competitors in terms of internet charges.

Massimiliano.puglisi@ihg,com direct telephone 972 789 3006

I am looking forward to hearing from you.

I am always at your service,

Reviewed January 16, 2013

I spent 5 days at the interContinental Dallas and the Concierge service provided by Kim was outstanding in addition to the fabulous service and food in the hotel restaurant. The buffet on Friday night and Sunday were outstanding. The hotel staff made the entire experience most memorable. I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a first class experience.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
ICDALLAS1, Manager at InterContinental Dallas, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2013

Thank you for sharing your first class experience!

I am so grateful for you kind words towards Kimberly's service in our VIP Club Lounge; Kimberly joined our team two months ago and as you have personally observed she is a natural host who's service understanding really shines as part of your VIP experience!

Our Q de Cheval team was enthusiastic to read your fantastic comments as well! We were all thrilled to learn how much you have enjoyed the buffet's we offer; and that our staff took the time to make your stay with us just that much more memorable!

Thank you again for sharing your stay and recommending our hotel. I would be honored if I can have the opportunity to personally meet you next time you visit us; please find my personal info as follows:

Reviewed January 3, 2013

We most recently stayed at this property over New Year's Eve. Beginning with the Valet upon arrival and ending with the Bellman upon departure the level of service at this hotel was exceptional. The entire staff was gracious, friendly and helpful. When we checked out our overall impression of the management and hotel staff was that if there was anything they could do to make a guest's stay more memorable, enjoyable and stress free the would do it.

The rooms are nice and large with upscale amenites. Most satisfying is that they are quiet.

The restaurant featured delicious food at reasonable prices. Waiters and servers wer top notch. Very attentive without being obtrusive.

Hotel is close to great shopping and restaurants.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
ICDALLAS1, Manager at InterContinental Dallas, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2013

Thank you for sharing your fantastic comments!

Our entire team was so thrilled when they read your experience! Layla, Jhoslin, and Suzannah are great ambassadors of our brand and service standards! I am so pleased to know they really went the extra mile during your stay.