“Expected better service”

InterContinental Dallas
Ranked #72 of 212 Hotels in Dallas
Reviewed October 30, 2012 via mobile

Room was fine- no better or worse than anyplace else I've stayed. Check in and check out was quick and friendly. However, I went to the gift shop for water and snacks. It was wide open, no employee to be found anywhere. I waited around for 15 minutes before leaving without being able to make a purchase. Bar area was very understaffed and the service suffered there as well. I've received much better service at less expensive hotels.

• Stayed: October 2012
ICDALLAS1, Manager at InterContinental Dallas, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2012

I truly appreciate you taking the time and sharing your experience with us.

Although I was pleased to hear about your efficient check in and out of our hotel, I was however disappointed to hear about the staffing issues that you encountered during your stay. I would be honored if you could contact me directly at your convenience so that we can further discuss your experience.

Direct telephone : 972 789 3006 Email : massimiliano.puglisi@ihg.com

Reviewed October 28, 2012

Pros: The hotel was clean. Rooms were comfortable. The staff was friendly. Decent location.

Cons: Water pressure was poor. There were at least 2 events going on that made parking a nightmare. (However, I must note that we did NOT have any issues with loud noises!)

Overall, we'd stay here again if we got a good rate, but there are still other hotels in the area I'd prefer to stay at.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
ICDALLAS1, Manager at InterContinental Dallas, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2012

Thank you for leaving a detailed review of your stay!

I truly appreciate your kind comments towards our clean rooms and friendly staff! We are thrilled to have had you with us, and to have had the opportunity to showcase what we do best: Take care of all of our guests and attendees during professional, energetic, and certainly fun special events! Although we were able to provide a clean and comfortable room, combined with friendly staff; the fact that any other service opportunities may have been missed or performed less than perfect, is not who we strive to be at the InterContinental Dallas.

We want to be your first choice when travelling to the Metroplex; so please kindly reach back to me directly for a reserved parking spot and a courtesy water pressure "check", by our staff prior to settling into your assigned room.

Email : massimiliano.puglisi@ihg.com direct line 972 789 3006

We look forward to serving you again and making the InterContinental Dallas your first choice!

Reviewed October 25, 2012

The Intercontinental Dallas doubles as a business/leisure hotel. The rates are good, the hotel and staff are efficient. This is my hotel of choice when I travel to Dallas. They offer an inviting environment to relax whether it be in you room or in their spacious lounge area w/ multiple flat screen T.V.'s

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends

Thank you for your kind comments!

I really appreciate your wonderful review of our comfortable rooms, friendly staff, and our inviting lounge! We understand that you have many options for lodging within our city; so your loyalty is extremely appreciated and we are very grateful that we are your hotel choice for Dallas!

Looking forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back real soon!

Reviewed October 24, 2012

If you need an in-person description of Grade A customer service, please visit the Intercontinental Hotel in Dallas, TX. Me and a couple of friends stayed at this hotel this past weekend and he have nothing but glowing remarks to say about the comfort the beds, the quality of the room, and the pride that every staff member takes in making your experience memorable.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends

Thank you so much for your kind words!

Our entire team was thrilled when I shared your wonderful comments regarding your experience here at the InterContinental Dallas! It is an amazing feeling of fulfillment to know that our consistent commitment to service excellence has translated to you enjoying flawless InterContinental service during your time with us.

We are looking forward to serving you again in the near future!

Reviewed October 23, 2012

Overall the hotel is nice but, there are some small issues. I booked through Hotwire for $61 per night so, I'm not too upset but I wouldn't pay the standard rate for the hotel. Here are the pros and cons of our stay:

Pros:
1. Front desk staff was very friendly and accommodating,(we asked for a high floor with a city view and that's what we received).
2. Lobby is beautiful.
3. Starbucks located in the lobby.
4. Free parking is available.
5. Great location.
6. Comfy beds
7. No outside noise.

Cons
1. There was a large amount of rust around the bathroom tub fixtures.
2. One of the lamps shades had brown fluid splattered all over it.
3. The facility hosts a lot of conferences, weddings and events so free parking is not guaranteed.
4. Room service menu is very limited.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
ICDALLAS1, Manager at InterContinental Dallas, responded to this reviewResponded November 23, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to provide a detailed review!

The team was so grateful to hear your wonderful comments on the service they provided! I was pleased to read that you mentioned our many hotel outlets available in our grand lobby.

I was also glad to hear that you enjoyed the comfort of our rooms and I hope you had a great view from the high floor! I am however disappointed to read that there was rust around the bath fixtures and debris on the lamp shade. I have personally spoken with our team to revisit all inspections of rooms prior to a guest checking in to ensure these discrepancies can be addressed before hand.

I deeply apologize for any inconvenience that you may have experienced while we addressed those issues within your room.

I would greatly appreciate it if you would kindly contact me, at your convenience, to further discuss these matters.

Email : Massimiliano.puglisi@ihg.com Direct Telephone : 972 789 3006

We all look forward to welcoming you again to the InterContinental for your next Dallas trip!

Reviewed October 22, 2012

When I scored this hotel through Priceline for only $57 a night ($137 after taxes) I was super excited. But then I read the reviews here an I was very afraid. I almost want to cancel my trip because I didn't want to go through a bad experience. I had to travel to Dallas for a interview in Richardson Texas and wanted to stay somewhere close. I am pretty familiar with the galleria area. My best friend lives right off the toll way so I was excited to be about five minutes away from her and 15 minutes from the interview. I kept reading EVERYWHERE that this hotel was old, outdated, had terrible service, and wasn't worth the 4 star name. My cousin works for the Intercontinental and I was praying this hotel was as nice as the one he works at. And yes it was!! As soon as we arrived we were checked in promptly and service was amazing. Had a great view of the city. After driving for 8 hours straight I was pleasantly surprised how comfortable the bed was! It felt like heaven. I slept so well and the bathroom was super clean. I don't know what floor or what hotel the other reviewers were staying at, but this hotel was excellent! My only complaint was that the fridge was not included. It was $15 extra charge but that's ok. MY granny was disappointed that it didn't have breakfast included. But the beds were so comfy w slept in past breakfast! There are tons of restaurants really close by. The Galleria was only a short 5 minute drive from the hotel. The hotel also offers shuttle service to the hotel. Not sure how much tho. I would recommend this hotel to anyone! Great job intercontinental!!!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
ICDALLAS1, Manager at InterContinental Dallas, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2012

Thank you so much for sharing your experience here at the InterContinental Dallas!

Our entire team was so thrilled to hear your kind comments on your stay! I am happy that you were able to book such a great deal through one of our partner websites.

I am so grateful to read your comments towards the comfort and amenities in our guest rooms! We are proud to provide the industry’s best beds, developed by Serta, to ensure a great and comfortable nights’ sleep in all of our rooms. I’m sure after an eight hour drive the bed was extremely inviting!

Our hotel shuttle is a courtesy service that we provide to transport our guests within a three mile radius. It’s a great service to utilize for area shopping and restaurants!

For your next visit, please browse our website for packages that also include breakfast at a great rate! I hope that you had a great shopping experience at the Galleria, but more importantly, I hope your interview went great!

Good luck to you and we all look forward to accommodating your next trip to Dallas!

Reviewed October 20, 2012

Room - Very nice and clean. Very spacious and I had a nice view. No complaints.

Service - Overall, it was just ok. I had a couple of issues. 1. During my stay, I had several boxes delivered to me. I ALWAYS had to track them down and it often took a LONG time to locate them. Further, there was no notification of the delivery. I am used to a message being left in my room but here I had to go ask. And, there is apparently two different areas that receives packages which complicates things. 2. My laundry was the same way. They promised in by 9 and you'd receive by 6. I had to go ask for my laundry after work and I did not receive it until 630. 3. I only like my room clean every other day. On Sunday, when I returned around 6 or 7, my room had not been cleaned. To further add to my frustration, I could not get into my room. I had to go to the front desk and they said that I was checking out that day. Obviously a mistake on their part and my room was not cleaned until the next day.

Staff - Despite the service issues, the staff was very friendly and helpful. They always resolved my problems relatively quickly. I think that they are doing the best that they can do with the policies of the hotel.

Location - Many restaurants within walking distance. If you go across the parkway, I'd say a few hail marys first... :) It can be dicey.

MAJOR COMPLAINTS: 1. When would you use a hotel phone these days? When you lose you iPhone in your room and cannot locate it. I called from my in room phone to my iPhone. The call lasted less than 5 seconds. I almost fainted when I got the bill. $11 dollars for a 5 second phone bill. THIS IS CRAZY ! I was going to complain but I was running late for the airport. 2. The gym is exceptionally hot ALL the time. I'd describe it sauna like ! I went twice during my stay and my normal 45 minute workout was cut short to 20 because of the heat. This needs addressed.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to leave a detailed review of your stay!

Our team was very grateful to hear about your kind comments towards their service and resolutions to the issues! I am, however, disappointed to read that you faced excess breakdowns of services during your stay.

I have personally addressed the package procedures and we are working to develop a more streamlined system to ensure our guests do not experience any challenges during package pick up.

I also have addressed the laundry and the housekeeping issues to our team to make sure we remain consistent on our delivery times of laundry and room turndowns.

I deeply apologize for the experience you had with these services. I would greatly appreciate it if you would kindly contact me, at your convenience, to further discuss your experience.

Email : massimiliano.puglisi@ihg.com direct line 972 789 3006

I look forward to your call and also to extend a warm welcome to you on your next trip to Dallas!