“The agent at the front was very helpful eventhough she was very busy.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of InterContinental Dallas

InterContinental Dallas
Ranked #71 of 200 Hotels in Dallas
Munich
“The agent at the front was very helpful eventhough she was very busy.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2012

I can't believe this luxury hotel had only one agent at the front. She was doing everything at one time when I walked there and get some help since it was my first time here. I was surprised that no one was helping her AT ALL!! I felt sorry for her.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
ICDALLAS1, Manager at InterContinental Dallas, responded to this review, October 24, 2012
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience with us!

I was glad to read that you found our Front Desk associate very helpful. However our standard is to have at least two agents working at the Front Desk at all times; please accept my deepest apologies for any delays you have experienced. If you would be so kind to contact me directly, at your convenience, as I would like the opportunity to look into the staffing issue of that day.

Email : massimiliano.puglisi@ihg.com direct line 972 789 3006

We all are looking forward to extending a warm welcoming to you again in the near future.

Director of Rooms Division

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (145)
  • Polish first
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2012

I stayed at the InterContinental Dallas for a few days during my business trip. The location is convenience! Overall, my stay was very pleasant. The lobby ambience wasn't much impressive compare to other InterContinental hotels I have been to, but the room made up for it. The bed was very comfortable and my room had a great view.

But what made my stay at the hotel a thump-up is because of Sandy at the front desk. She handled my reservation and any special requests. I literally did nothing and still had my staying planned out well. Not only did she took care of it from the minute I said I needed a room, she also followed up with me during the time I was there, and made sure that I enjoyed my few days at the hotel. In general, the hotel customer service was great, but Sandy was outstanding, very helpful and professional. I really appreciated that. Thank you!

• 4 of 5 bubbles
ICDALLAS1, Manager at InterContinental Dallas, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
Thank you so much for your sharing your review online.

While I was sharing your kind words towards our property and your experience I saw the lit up the faces of our entire team! We especially thank you for recognizing the efforts of Sandy; she really is a valued asset to our front desk. I’m so proud that she took the time to handle your reservation and requests! Sandy is an example of our outstanding InterContinental service standard!

If you kindly advise me the next time you are visiting Dallas… I will ensure that Sandy is at the front desk to welcome you!

Memphis
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2012

This hotel has wonderful public areas and meeting rooms. The food is quite good and it has an excellent little Starbucks cafe, which is perfect for a quick coffee or bite. Service standards are very high, as expected from an IC. The rooms are slightly dated, but comfortable. I do like a radio in a room and wonder why the hotel world is moving away from this baseline amenitiy.

Room Tip: Go High, above 7.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for sharing your wonderful experience!

Your comments on our hotel outlets and meeting rooms are greatly appreciated. We are grateful for your loyalty to InterContinental Hotels and are always pleased to provide you with the service you expect from our hotel.

In regards to your comments on the radio, I personally am a fan of the old analog radios in the rooms; however the world seems to be moving towards the iHome dock / radio system which is now standard in all of our guest rooms.

Once again thank your for choosing InterContinental hotels as your travel destination of choice; and for selecting our property for your destination in Dallas!

Washington DC
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2012

I am a Platinum Royal Ambassador. This was my third stay at this hotel, but the first one since the club lounge re-opened. Wish it had stayed closed. While it was closed, I received vouchers for full breakfast, drink coupons as well as appetizer vouchers. The breakfast in the club lounge was ok, certainly not like the full breakfast downstairs in the restaurant. The worse thing was the hours, breakfast was only till 9AM. Even over the weekend days. Not exactly what you would expect. The cocktail hour was worse, the food was hardly eatable. The cheese and crackers were ok, but that was it. Bad wine. No cocktails. I must say that the staff in the lounge were very nice. We stayed 5 nights and due to the limited hours, we used the club lounge once for cocktail and breakfast once. . I must say that this lounge is certainly not even remotely close to the IC lounge in Beijing, Madrid, or Cairo (at least on my last trip). Not even close to the club lounge at the Doubletree down the street.

The suite was a two story arrangement and coming down the stairs the first morning barefooted, a carpet tack was sticking out and tore my heel. 7 days later, I am still wearing a bandage. Also out of the 5 nights 6 days, they did not re-fill the mini bar 3 days. The night before checkout, I called the front desk to go over my bill and had to explain that I should not have any of the internet charges for daily use, nor should I have the 2 mini-bar charges. I was assured that they would be taken off. The next morning the bill was under the door and the charges had not been deleted from the bill, so I called downstairs and again asked that they be taken off, however when I went to check out in person, the charges were still there. They were taken off finally. I still have to make certain that my credit card is not charged the other amount.

The staff at this IC is great, from check in to check out and the housekeeping staff were fantastic. This hotel is convenient to where I need to be in Dallas, but might consider the Holiday Inn Express that is close by next trip.
ceral

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience.

While I was so happy to read your fantastic reviews of our staff; I was also disappointed to hear of your overall experience.

Your detailed review is extremely valuable to our goal as an InterContinental hotel to ensure we remain consistent throughout our brand locations.

I personally deeply apologize for the encounters you had. I would greatly appreciate it if you would kindly contact me at your convenience to discuss your experience further. I also hope that your injury is on its way to completely healing.

Email : massimiliano.puglisi@ihg.com direct line 972 789 3006

Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2012

After getting a great rate on Hotwire I was very sad to read the reviews and was extremely hesitate as the travel date approached. I also made the reservation for my client who was traveling with me and warned her of the bad reviews. Upon arrival, I told her to cross her fingers and hope for the best. The outside free parking was great. The desk was very nice and accomodated my request for a higher floor and even asked if I wanted to be closer or further from an elevator. Based on the reviews I said away from the elevator and not on the Freeway side. He accomodated both requests and i was off to room #1420. I walked in and was amazed at how nice the accomodations were. Everything was up to par as I walked through and I also looked at the bath / shower looking for rust. Nothing! All the lights even worked.

I met my client in the lobby at 6:30 and asked the desk if they recommended the Hotel Restuarant or another seafood spot I mentioned to them. They recommended the alternate restaurant and we both walked out side to wait for the shuttle. The shuttle driver was very nice and dropped us off. The only down side was it took about 30 - 35 minutes and 2 calls to the hotel to get picked up. But again, it was free and allowed me to drink while out.

Upon return to the hotel, I stopped at the bar and ordered a martini. It was very good. As mentioned, the TV channels are very limited so aside from news and sports, there is not much choice.

The only negative thing I can say is that while lying in bed, i looked over and noticed the cleaning crew missed a previsous guests dirty sock under the ottoman. I was a littel freaked by that, but overall my stay was good.

1 Thank TravelIng90210
Thank you so much for sharing your “Happy Surprise” with us!

I was glad to hear, you were able to find a great deal on one of our partner websites.

The entire team was thrilled to hear that we were able to provide you with an experience that exceeded your expectations!

I was happy to hear that my colleague was able to go beyond your request by providing you with a higher floor; which comes with the spectacular south facing view of Dallas!

I was pleased to hear that you were able to utilize our courtesy shuttle; however I was disappointed to learn that you had to place two phone calls. Our current procedure specifies advising the guest of any delay due to traffic or heavy use of the shuttle service. I have spoken to our team and reiterated the importance of this procedure. In regards to the sock, please accept my deepest apology; our Executive Housekeeper is already looking into the inspection procedure of all our housekeepers!

We all look forward to providing another “Happy Surprise” experience and hope to see you enjoy a martini in our bar in the near future!

Lake Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2012

This started out as a steal on PriceLine, but the upgrade to a suite was GREATLY undersold at $100.00: 15th floor Concierge level with full breakfast included, double-door entry suite with a loft and a great view of the Dallas skyline. The desk clerk even called to find out if the suite was "up to your expectations?" Yes, indeed, and then some.

Room Tip: Simply ask, "What upgrades do you have?" Request skyline view rooms (high south side). Pre...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ICDALLAS1, Manager at InterContinental Dallas, responded to this review, October 4, 2012
Thank you for sharing your wonderful experience with us!

I was glad to hear that you were able to book one of those great deals that Priceline was offering, but I was even more delighted to hear that we were able to exceed your expectations by providing you with one of our exceptional two story suites! Isn’t it an amazing feeling to enjoy the breakfast from our VIP Club Lounge? I am always breath taken at the view of the sun rise from there!

Thank you for noticing that our colleague genuinely cared to ensure that your suite would be meeting your expectations!

I do agree with your tip; as matter of fact I always encourage guests to inquire about the upgrade of the day, and as your wonderful stay showed our staff is always ready to amaze our guests!

We are all looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future!

Dallas, TX
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2012

We needed a place to stay after being out late on a rainy night without having to drive home. We taken care of the moment we pulled up front. From the valet to the front desk, everything was very professional and in order. Our room was perfect from the air temperature to the shower water pressure. Would recommend staying here again!

Room Tip: Be sure and ask for a room on a higher floor
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
What a joy was to read your post!

I could easily notice the excitement of the entire team while I was sharing your feedback with them! I always believed that there is nothing better than the hospitality of a warm welcoming on a rainy night!
Our corporate mission is “Great Hotels Guests Love” and it seems that we accomplished the goal during your visit!

I hope your journey home was under clear skies!

We are looking forward to having the pleasure providing another wonderful experience in the near future.

Director of Rooms Division
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dallas
Dallas/Addison Marriott Quorum by the Galleria
HYATT house Dallas/Addison
Le Meridien Dallas by the Galleria
SpringHill Suites Dallas Addison/Quorum Drive
Courtyard Dallas Addison/Quorum Drive
Radisson Hotel Dallas North-Addison

Been to InterContinental Dallas? Share your experiences!