“Enjoyable Stay”

InterContinental Dallas
Ranked #59 of 205 Hotels in Dallas
Reviewed January 27, 2008

I stayed three nights and had no complaints. It was clean and the staff was very friendly from beginning to end. When you call housekeeping you get a quick and satisfactory response. If you are not quite ready for prime time yourself, try Ervey in the salon downstairs. He is excellent in taking care of men and women. The business convention I attended there went very smoothly and the amenities were excellent, with one exception. The rest rooms on the Ballroom floor had no hot water at the sinks.

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for InterContinental Dallas

Reviewed December 28, 2007

We enjoyed our stay. I see why some people think the place is dated, but I don't know if I would have noticed if I hadn't read the previous reviews. The room was very clean and looked like it was newly remodeled and decorated. We loved the breakfast. Instead of trying the buffet, we ate the espresso oatmeal and the Tex Mex Eggs Benedict. They were both very good. I don't usually drink coffee, but for some reason I ordered it this time and really enjoyed it. My wife who drinks coffee all the time agreed that it was very good coffee. The waitress said that everyone likes it, and it is Douwe Egbert brand. As far as parking goes, self-parking is available on the south side of the building if you prefer it. If you drive up to the east entrance, you will be greeted by a doorman offering to help you with your luggage and park your car.

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 13, 2007

I stayed here over the past weekend for just a get away with my wife and for some Christmas shopping in Dallas. I booked the Hotel through priceline and got a great rate of $65/night; you will pay that much for a Motel 6 or Days Inn if you travel much. I was skeptical after I read some of the reviews online but i was presently surprised to find the experience above average to excellent. When I checked in I was greeted by a nice gentleman at the desk and he had my reservation in order. I received a non smoking room with a king size bed in a newely remodeled room. Some have said they had to ask for the room but mine was provided with no special requests or additional charges. The room was a little warm for me and the air was not the most effiecient but by no means was it uncomfortable; I did mention this to the frontdesk after our first night and they fixed the problem or offered to move me to another room. The parking on the other hand was less to be desired; Alot of Christmas parties were going on so parking was very difficult at best.

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 7, 2007

I recently stayed at the Intercontinental on business for one night. It was a very nice hotel - the room and all public areas were very nicely decorated and clean. The price was $199 per night which seems kind of high for suburban Dallas. I had the breakfast buffet in the morning which was not that good and not worth the price. The location is good for Addison - walking distance to many restaurants. I also think that the only computer for public use is in the lobby and I had to wait in line and also get someone behind the desk to get the boarding pass that I had printed. I will definitely stay here again if I am in the area.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled on business
1  Thank mcd63
Reviewed September 23, 2007

We recently got a rate of $66.00 per night through hotwire, and stayed 2 nights. The hotel lobby was a bit outdated, but the rooms were very nice. The had all of the amentites of a 4 star hotel, but, the overall feel was about a 3 and 1/2. The location was excellent, right off of the tollway, just north of the Galleria. For the same price, I would stay at this property again. You can barely get a Motel 6 in Dallas, Tx for $66.00. Had I paid the rack rate of $189 and up, I would not have been pleased.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 12, 2007

Originally booked for one night (of a 4-night trip) on Priceline for less than $70/night. After seeing reviews was concerned about what I'd find, but was very happy with what I found when I arrived.

The room was very spacious and had clearly been remodeled recently. (I did request a renovated room based on earlier reviews.) It must have been a slow week because I was able to get the same rate for the rest of my stay, making the total for 4 nights less than $300. Compared to the normal $230+ nightly rate, I couldn't have been happier.

Read some comments on parking...I parked on the side for free and was quite happy with it. Even when I got back late at night and had to park farther away, it wasn't that bad.

The lobby bar prices were too high and I don't like paying for wi-fi access...that was the big negative.

Very close to a ton of restaurants in Addison.

I will DEFINITELY be trying to score this hotel on Priceline again soon. (I don't think there are that many 4-star hotels in the Galleria area.)

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled on business
Reviewed August 9, 2007

We booked a two bed non-smoking room. When we arrived the front desk clerk was very friendly and gave me my room key. When I arrived up in the room it smelled like a bar and there was only one bed. I phoned the front desk and they told me they would get us a differant room that was non-smoking but they were not going to give us two beds. So there was 2 adults and 2 children in one bed . I was told for a 35.00 dollar charge we could have a rollaway bed. The parking was the most ridiciolous thing I have ever experienced. My parents just retired to Texas so we will be traveling there at least twice a year and I would never stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled with family
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dallas
Courtyard Dallas Addison/Quorum Drive
Dallas/Addison Marriott Quorum by the Galleria
SpringHill Suites Dallas Addison/Quorum Drive
Radisson Hotel Dallas North-Addison
Home2 Suites by Hilton Dallas Addison
The Westin Galleria Dallas

Been to InterContinental Dallas? Share your experiences!