“OK, not great”

Ranked #105 of 203 Hotels in Dallas
Oklahoma!
“OK, not great”
Reviewed February 24, 2012

I often stay at Choice Hotels in order to build my Choice Privileges Points. This Comfort was OK. I really don't have a problem with the cleanliness, but the details could be watched a little better. Some of the room items are worn, and need replaced. I'm going to look for a different Choice property in Dallas for my next trip.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank YourNextGuest

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed August 13, 2011

A terrific hotel .Deserves at least another star. Have been staying in hotels for 2months across the U.S. and this one is right up there. Great room with everything you need
Can thoroughly recommend The Comfort Inn.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank GeoffG255093
Oklahoma City
Reviewed May 19, 2011

We stay here on May 10, 2011 and I have to say I wouldn’t want to stay again. When we got to our room it was a smoking room and I called the front desk and asked if we could be moved, they said they didn’t have any available rooms. So we decided to stay anyway (trying not to notice the smell). They have out dated TVs and carpet and for the $71 per night……hell we should have had at least a flat screen. The bed was ok there were tons of pillows. There is not a café or anything in the lobby and it sets on a service road not close in walking distance to much (we had a car). The lobby has a funny smell and the front desk ppl are ok not extra friendly or anything over all I don’t think it was worth my money and will not stay there again unless someone else is paying for it!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank SexyChula
Amsterdam, New York
Reviewed March 19, 2011

I stayed for 5 nights while in Dallas for a conference. I decided to skip the conference hotel in downtown to save some money to pay for a rental car and more. First impressions weren't great, as the hotel seemed to attract some undesirables in the parking lot. Checkin was good, though, and my room was clean and comfortable. The whole place is well worn but other than a leaky shower head, everything was in working condition at least. There were a few problems. My room overlooked Interstate 35E and there was plenty of road noise. That usually wasn't a problem but once in a while a large truck would go by in the night and wake me up. Most of the problematic noise came from within the hotel. There were either a lot of noisy guests or the hotel's walls allow way too much noise to go from room to room. The plumbing was also especially loud. I definitely knew when my neighbors were using water. The wireless Internet was not very good. Very slow at times, but at least it didn't drop me. My final complaint is minor, about the breakfast. It was OK for one or two nights, but there's no variety on the hot items day to day. But I assume most people don't stay long enough to care about that.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank jtdriver
Sacramento
Reviewed March 2, 2011

Stayed three nights for a business conference. I don't like Dallas! Next to Vegas and Houston, it's my least favorite large city in the country. These folks help make the stay more tolerable, especially at my incredible Quikbook rate. Good quality bed, bedding and linens and relatively quiet, especially considering it's right next to a freeway. The morning breakfast is pretty good and really needed since there are no restaurants in the immediate area. Fairly close to Love Field and downtown. A good, centrally located place to base if you have business in the Metroplex. Fairly good wifi but it does get bogged down at peak periods.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank curtismapman
san francisco
Reviewed February 17, 2011

Normally I tend not to stay at hotels below 3 star but it was the week of the superbowl and I needed to find a hotel. The hotel was offering a very reasonable price so I decided to try it. Honestly I was pleasantly surprised. It's a no frills budget hotel but still was nicer than alot of 3 star hotels I have stayed at especially the Holiday Inn. The room was very spacious and clean. Free breakfast, parking and internet. Honestly ya can't beat it. I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank ericsf
Overijse, Belgium
Reviewed January 18, 2011

We only stayed in Dallas as our flight to NYC had been cancelled due to the snow so the airport put us up in this hotel. There's a free shuttle from/to the airport (though the not so helfpul American Airlines staff neglected to tell us you have to ring the hotel to book this...).

When we checked in the receptionist was extremely helpful. She explained that the PC in the lobby was free to use and gave us all the necessary numbers to call for rebooking our flight.

The room was massive, clean and quiet. We didn't use the in house entertainment but am sure it was all there.

The shuttle service is great. They will take you anywhere you like - for free - within a 2 mile (I think) radius. The driver was really friendly and informative which was appreciated as we had never been to Dallas before.

Breakfast was complimentary and fine for our needs. There's coffee always on the go in the foyer if you need it.

Very happy with our short stay.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple