“Wyndham - some good, some not . . .”

Wingate by Wyndham Dallas Love Field
Ranked #109 of 204 Hotels in Dallas

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Reviewed June 26, 2013

This place is a Rip off. Don't stay here if you can help it. Staff is rude and unhelpful. The room has a strange odor and was in very poor condition with peeling paint. The air conditioning did not work. The room was not worth 30.00, much less 117.00.

• Stayed June 2013
DionneKat, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Dallas Love Field, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
Dear Guest,

We are surprised to hear that you were unhappy with all the possible solutions. You arrived a day earlier than you original booking, we accommodated you a day earlier and you were aware that you had been booked in a room with a king bed and pull out couch. We understand that you were unhappy since you wanted a room with 2 beds. We went to your room to check AC along with you and it was running fine at 60 degrees F with outside temperature almost in 3 digits. Next day another party from your group who did not need the room with 2 beds was willing to switch rooms with you but you decided to check out as per your choice.

We understand your frustration, we did our best given the circumstances.
Waldwick, New Jersey
Reviewed June 24, 2013

I stayed at the Wyndham Dallas for two nights this past weekend. When arriving there was a used bar of soap in the shower and an empty gum container on the desk making me wonder if the room was ever truly cleaned by housekeeping. Also, the overall smell of the hotel was musty and the pillows were akin to a bag of rocks.

Further, evidently this area of Texas is under a beetle infestation and while this is posted at the front desk I didn't imagine I'd actually encounter a beetle (figuring the posting was a precaution), however I had FOUR of them visit me over my two night stay.

When I discussed my concerns with Ravi the GM in a post visit phone call he was very aloof about all my concerns and didn't apologize once. I informed him I planned on posting this on TripAdvisor and he was 'fine' with that. I have also called Wyndham corporately to alert them to their franchisee, they were apologetic and indicated that a beetle infestation is not appropriate.

SO....consider yourself warned if you decide to still stay at Wingate by Wyndham Dallas! By the way, my room was #212.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank X850ZLbethh
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback and I do remember having the conversation with you. You were demanding refund for 1 night stay since your company made a mistake in booking. We never heard any complaint during your course of stay, we did apologize for the inconvenience if any, we saved a room for you as per booking made by your company.

We are trying to understand as to what a guest would prefer, arriving in town with a guaranteed reservation with hotel fully booked due to an event in town and not having a room or pay for the room as per booking and cancellation policy.

Travelers are raving about these Dallas hotels

Annapolis, Maryland
Reviewed June 22, 2013

There are too many other choices in this area. I would not recommend this hotel. Hotel shuttle wasn't operating in the evening or the morning. Had to take a taxi. First impression when walking in the front doors, the super heavy odor of air freshener. It was overwhelming and unpleasant. Same odor throughout the entire hotel, including in room. Room had greasy wipe marks on all flat surfaces. Not sure if it was a cleaning agent or a dirty rag. Carpets throughout were dirty. Spiders in room. Sorry, nothing good to say about this hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
DionneKat, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Dallas Love Field, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Dear Guest,

We understand your frustration that you were unable to take advantage of our free shuttle service provided only during weekdays which is clearly listed on our website and was advised to you when booking room as well.

We did not hear about any strong odor in public areas or grease marks in your room during your stay, it had been since brought to the attention of our staff.
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed June 18, 2013

I have been staying here on and off for about the last six months. My first few stays here were very nice. The staff was extremely professional. I returned here to find a few of the staff gone and replaced with minimal English speaking,none attenative staff. That was the first disappointment. My room seems to be just barely meeting the Wyndam Standard. I was propostioned twice while doing my laundry in the early morning hours. Must have been the Adult Entertainment Industry next door to the property,Where is security?? There used to be a very nice breakfast, Waffles,Biscuits and Gravy, and Bacon,and Eggs. Now no Waffles nothing with pork. This is the South and it is Texas we enjoy biscuits with sausage gravy and waffles with bacon. I am asking the new management please return this property back to the way it was when I first started staying here and be more attenative of your guests needs. Leave the girls next door and not in the hallways of your property.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
DionneKat, Director of Sales at Wingate by Wyndham Dallas Love Field, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Dear Ed,

I want to thank you for taking time out in letting us know your concerns with your most recent stay.

We did speak with our Security in regards to your statement about being propositioned and apologize for this inconvenience. Even 5 star hotels will experience problems like this regardless of where they may be located. The waffles are back along with our sausage links, bacon, potatoes, eggs and all the trimmings on our hot breakfast buffet and won't be going away at anytime. Please know, that all our employees working the front desk speak English, they may have different accents when speaking the English language that just means we need to listen a little more closely. Thank you again.