“Misleading”

Ranked #128 of 203 Hotels in Dallas
Lubbock
“Misleading”
Reviewed November 2, 2012

The hotel is located right next a gentleman's club. Although there was a fece separating it from the hotel, looking into the parking lot was not a good vew. I booked a king room suite with a hot tub. However, when i checked in, I was told by the clerk my reservation was a handicap room and that they had no rooms available with a hot tub. I showed the clerk my reservation on my I-phone that clearly stated my room type and he continued to indicate they did not have that type of room available. I asked the clerk for a room with a jet tub as I had seen that some rooms had that whe I was initially booking this room. Again, I was told the hotel did not have thoseroomas available. I observed the parking lot to be fairly empty so I'm not sure why any of those rooms were not available. The clek did put me in a king suite, so he said, but I was not impressed and not sure it was actually a king suite. The room was musty, the air conditioner was noisy and did not work well. Needless to say, I checked out the next day and stayed elsewhere.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Norman, Oklahoma
Reviewed October 31, 2012

I recently stayed at this hotel for a business trip and had a bad experience. I found a bed bug in my bed. I immediately took the bug to the front desk to let them know. The person at the front desk did not show any concern with the bed bug nor did she offer an apology. She let me know when the manager would be available to speak with me when I returned for the day. When I returned to the hotel, the same person only asked if I wanted to switch rooms. An apology was not said again. I told her I wanted to switch rooms. While packing my things, I was being rushed by the her and the housekeeper to get out. Never did the manager come find me to offer an apology or offer to comp a night of my hotel. My co-workers and I decided to check out early. It was not until we were leaving that another front desk worker offered an apology after we told her why we were leaving. My co-workers and I will not be staying there again!

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank A B
santiago
Reviewed October 20, 2012

My flight with AA was cancelled and they send us to this hotel for the night. Its about 30 minutes ride from Dallas-Forth Worth.
The hotel is very outdated, rugged carpets and curtains. Seemed like a cheap motel. very uncorfortable pillows. Big bathroom with a coffee machine hard to operate. Very noisy.
The hotel has a restaurant where we could pay with the AA vouchers, basic food.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
DionneKat, Director of Sales at Wingate by Wyndham Dallas Love Field, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
Dear Madam,

I know first handed how irritating it can be to have a flight cancel! I myself have recently experienced a canceled connecting flight to Canada. It was a terrible experience, sounds like the hotels in the DFW area were all sold out and explains your 20 minute commute. However, I am glad we were able to accommodate you. We offer to our guests a hot menu selection which is available 24 hours a day. It most definitely supersedes dining on greasy fast food in the area and offers a choice of at least 14 healthy entrees and a dessert selection. In addition, our daily hot breakfast buffet starts at 6:00am-9:30am. We are an interior corridor property offering spacious, well-lit sleeping rooms with some great amenities to name a few; a 4'refrigerator, microwave oven, gourmet coffee and coffeemaker, Wifi, comfortable beds and much more. I do hope that you will revisit us in the future under better circumstances.

Thank you for your comments.