“Always a great place to stay”

Wingate by Wyndham Dallas Love Field
Ranked #109 of 204 Hotels in Dallas
Amarillo, Texas
“Always a great place to stay”
Reviewed December 17, 2011

I choose to stay here when my company sends me to a hotel. I have stayed many times, and have found the staff, breakfast, and rooms to be of high quality for my needs.

The breakfast is always hot with eggs, bacon, sausage, waffles, and juices. I get plenty to eat to get my day started. Very easy to get to off I-35 close to downtown.

Room Tip: I would ask for the even number side of hotel. Less traffic sound outside during rush hour.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Reviewed November 20, 2011

We tried to stay here when my niece was getting ready for a long hospital stay and had a lot of appointments at Children's Hospital in Dallas, which is only three miles away. However, every night we tried to swim there were either inconsiderate people smoking by the indoor pool or TOPLESS in the hot tub! Management could do little about it. It was also very loud with all the drunk truckers coming in from the strip club next door at 4-5am! Breakfast in the mornings was also x-rated with all the truckers talking and showing off their phone videos from the club the night before! DO NOT STAY HERE IF YOU HAVE KIDS!!

• Stayed November 2011
2 Thank KERtravel
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Dallas Love Field, responded to this review, December 4, 2011
Our customer safety is our number one priority at our hotel. We have recently tried to contact this guest to further investigate this matter. Our hotel stands by our goal to provide a clean, safe, and comfortable place to stay. Our guest safety is very important to us.

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are currently looking in to this situation. We are sorry for any inconvenience at all.

Travelers are raving about these Dallas hotels

Martinsville, Virginia
Reviewed November 12, 2011

I stayed here on business. The neighborhood is not so great. (strip clubs and "cabarets" are plentiful) They are very understaffed and the phone rings for a VERY long time before it gets answered. The rooms have a chemical smelling air freshener in them. The staff tells you NOT to walk in the area.

Do Yourself a favor....drive two exits farther and stay somewhere nice.

• Stayed November 2011
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Dallas Love Field, responded to this review, November 13, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. All of your concerns are currently being addressed by our management. We strive as a hotel to provide a clean, safe, and comfortable place to stay. Your comments help us improve, so we can provide that for you, and future guests to our hotel.

Thanks again for your comments.
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed September 30, 2011

I have been traveling to Dallas for business for about 3 years now. I stay at this hotel every time I go. I also have clients who stay at this hotel as well. The staff is very helpful and friendly and the management is great! It is close to the airport and just a quick ride to downtown. I would recommend this hotel for anyone traveling or visiting Dallas!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank JSIerra_11
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Dallas Love Field, responded to this review, October 2, 2011
Thank your for taking the time to review our hotel. We really appreciate that you have stayed with us, on your business trips over the years. We strive to create a great place for all guests to stay in. We are glad that we make your stay in Dallas a good one. We will pass your great comments on to our staff. They always appreciate hearing when they are doing a great job.

Thanks again for your comments, and we hope to see you again on your future visits to Dallas!!!
Draper, Utah
Reviewed September 2, 2011

I stayed at this hotel every week, 4-5 days per week, for 5 straight months. The staff was excellent. They went out of their way to ensure that all of my requests/business needs were met. The breakfast bar and the nightly "happy hour" always had plenty of food and drink. The staff made my 5 month stay very comfortable and very accomodating.
The rooms were always clean and well maintained. I will stay at this hotel every time I am in the Dallas area and recommend it to anyone else.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
DionneKat, Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Dallas Love Field, responded to this review, September 6, 2011
Dear Wayne W,

Thank you for your great comments regarding our hotel property, our staff and our services. It was a pleasure serving you, your associates and the company you represent for the past 5 months. I am sure that being away from home had its' challenges.

I am glad to know that your company has made some very successful contacts in Dallas and I look forward in seeing you again soon.

We enjoy meeting and getting to know our guests and aim to accommodate the individual needs of everyone as best we can.

I wish you much success, thank you again.
Reviewed July 17, 2011

Really great for the value. So nice to have breakfast and afternoon snacks. Hallway rugs needed more attention and the bathroom floor was very slippery the first night, but fine after that. Tastefully decorated. Good choices of pillows of different firmness which is very important to me. Curtains kept out the light in the morning so I could sleep in which is a big plus. The rooms were quiet, up to date furnishings, the mattress was flattened down on one side of the bed, but firm on the other side.

Staff extremely nice and helpful. Shuttle was great. Rooms had all the standard amenities in the rooms, plus microwave, and refrigerator. Free Wifi and a desk in the room.

Not much near by in walking distance. I would stay again without hesitation.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
CEGHotelsResponse, Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Dallas Love Field, responded to this review, July 19, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We strive to provide great service to our Guests. We have passed these comments on to our staff. It is important for them to hear when they are doing a good job.

We are built for business and so much more! Designed in a timeless, attractive, classic, and distinctive prototypical design, featuring interior corridors, premium telecommunications, oversized rooms and FREE WIRELESS HIGH SPEED INTERNET CONNECTIVITY! At Wingate by Wyndham, we know you mean business. Our hotel is proud to offer a host of valuable amenities at no extra cost to you.

We hope to see you again on your next visit to Dallas!!!
ar
Reviewed June 10, 2011

I was there for 2 days. Except the breakfast and the shuttle service, I didnt like anything about the hotel. Flush in the bathroom was not working fine. Refrigerator was not working too. The air conditioner was loud and noisy.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank dolly016
management_EH, Guest Relations Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Dallas Love Field, responded to this review, July 6, 2011
First I would like to thank you for the review of our hotel. Your feedback is welcomed. I want to take this opportunity to apologize for the poor service you received during your stay at the Wingate by Wyndham Dallas Love Field. It is unacceptable to have equipment in the room that does not work. I am very sorry for any inconvenience that this may have caused you.

Your experience with our hotel was not the quality of service that we have promised to provide to our guests. Our Brand Wingate by Wyndham’s promise is something that we strive to deliver to every guest every day. There is no excuse that our staff did not fulfill that promise in your case. Please accept our apologies!! We are always trying to improve our hotel in many areas.
Once again, I apologize for your issues with the faulty equipment and any inconvenience we may have caused you. Please feel welcome at our hotel in your future travels.