“Service was poor, never received clean towels/linens, etc, lights too bright outside for sleep, ants in our room along with some”

Wingate by Wyndham Dallas Love Field
Ranked #128 of 203 Hotels in Dallas
Texas
Reviewed March 15, 2011

When we arrived, our reservations that we made a month in advance had been cancelled and instead of trying to fix it they kept blaming others for the mistake. Once the issue was resolved, our credit card ended up being charged twice. One of the rooms we reserved had no hairdryer...although we called down for one in the morning, had it not been for us having another room we didn't receive the hairdryer until late in the afternoon. One of our rooms requested that they not clean then housekeeping called waking up the kids that were napping. That night we requested clean towels and washcloths and never received them. The next morning we found ants near the bed and someones used empty toiletries in our bathroom. We normally enjoy staing at this brand of hotels but will not recommend this particular one to anyone.

• Stayed March 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Silver Spring, Maryland
Reviewed December 2, 2010

Room was clean and comfortable. Nice desk to work at in the evenings. Good value. Breakfast was inclueded. Very nice hot food options.

Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
HotelManagement_CEG, Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Dallas Love Field, responded to this review, February 13, 2011
We appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel. Our complimentary breakfast in one of the best in the area and we are pleased that you enjoyed it. Thank you for your business, your comments, and we look forward to seeing you again on your next visit.
Manchester
Reviewed November 25, 2010

Stayed 2 nights when passing through to watch the boxing at the dallas cowboy stadium! the hotel was lovely very clean, tidy and roomy! bed was sooooo comfy! staff were very friendly and helpful, it was also walking distance to the stadium which was great!!! the only fault i had with this hotel was the breakfast was on paper plates with plastic knife anf forks we stayed at the same chain of hotel in Atlanta a couple of nights before the same set up but with proper plates ect!! apart from that great stay and would stay again!!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
We appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel. We strive to provide a clean and comfortable hotel with friendly staff. Thank you again for your comments and we look forward to seeing on your next visit to Dallas.
Pflugerville, Texas
Reviewed October 14, 2010

We were very dissatisfied with our stay. Prior to making the reservation online, we called to confirm if the King Suite with Jacuzzi had a separate stand alone whirlpool in the room or just a bathtub with jets. We were told it was a separate stand alone whirlpool in the room. We re-asked twice to make sure. This was our sole deciding factor on staying at this establishment over less expensive, closer, and higher quality hotels in the area. When we arrived, we found a dirty, bug-infested, dark room with just a bathtub with jets. Many of the light fixtures in the room did not function. The coffee pot outlet did not function and had to be moved to the bathroom to work. The room was noisy and had bugs. Our two keys often did not work in the door, and we had to go down to the front desk to have house-keeping let us in. The staff acted as if the was our fault and did nothing to try to remedy our situation. The check-in and out was fast, but the staff was not friendly in the least and did not crack a smile even once. Upon checkout, we were not asked how we enjoyed our stay and the attendent seemed bothered with our presence.

We could have saved $50 - $100, even with choosing another room in the same hotel, but we were given false information. On top of that, the service and room was terrible.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Arkansas
Reviewed July 28, 2010

It was a very nice place for the price (though next to a strip club). The staff was friendly and the place SEEMED clean, but there is an obvious insect problem. The first time I went into the bathroom there was a cockroach scurrying across the floor. That's not really a dealbreaker, but in the middle of the night both myself and my brother were bitten multiple times by bugs. I'm praying that they were just flees and not bedbugs (dear god please let them not be bedbugs), but I don't have any evidence that they've followed me home yet. Still, I'll be ripping apart the sheets and doing a thorough mattress inspection of every hotel I stay at from now on. This was so disturbing.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
3 Thank Newlyparanoid
Tyler, Texas
Reviewed May 26, 2010

My family and I were staying here because my 2 yr old son had a procedure at Children's Hospital the next morining. We get to our room I pull out the sofa bed and find the sheets all mangled and hair and dirt on the sheets. I call to go ask how a the bed is put together are the sheets just thrown in, she said yes so it will fold back up...I told her the bed looked used she said that someone goes in behind the maid to check the rooms and assures me it is fine. I call back and say I want new sheets, it takes 30 min and still no sheets.So i fold the bed up half way and while my kids are playing they find used sex toys....Well long story short we moved rooms only saw the manager once did not get any compensation for all the incovenients. Very poor service I should not have had to communicate between the front desk the manager should have stepped up. Now I have put a complain in to corporate so maybe they will do somenthing now...The room was nasty and service sucked!!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank Neches10
DionneKat, Director of Sales at Wingate by Wyndham Dallas Love Field, responded to this review, July 16, 2010
Dear Sir or Madame,

I once again apologize for the inconvenience you experienced during your recent stay with us. I do in fact remember you and the situation since I and our front desk clerk were looking to see how we could best accommodate you. It was my understanding that the compensation given to you during your stay with us was accepted.

As explained, the housekeeper who cleaned the room prior to your arrival did not think to open the sofa bed to inspect it. The young lady was in training and apparently the head housekeeper did not think of checking it either. Our occupancy was very high in the month of May and the turnover in rooms kept us moving very fast, overseeing some of our responsibilities.

It is our intention to offer the best service to our guests, we are constantly going through our rooms and interacting with our guests to see how we can better serve them ensuring their stay with us is a pleasant one. This truly was an isolated incident. I thank you for bringing this matter to our attention so that we can better serve our guests.

We are proud to offer clean and comfortable rooms, I do hope that you will come back and visit us once again since our compensation was what I thought, quite substantial.

My Best regards.
Corinth, TX
Reviewed March 31, 2010

I choose this Wingate each time I travel to Dallas. The staff is so accomdating, the rooms are clean and roomy. The breakfast buffet is open til 9:30 am for those mornings we can sleep at little later. I love that there is an INDOOR pool and hot tub so I can relax and unwind at the end of the day. Location is near enough downtown to be convient yet not in the hubbub of city. I would highly recommend this hotel for it's value, hospitality and comfort.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business