“Typical Fairfield”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Dallas Medical / Market Center
Ranked #93 of 206 Hotels in Dallas
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I think that if you're staying in a Fairfield Inn you need to temper your expectations. As one of the lower rungs on the Marriott ladder, the point here is low-cost, not luxury.

However this property provided what could reasonably be expected, plus a little more. It's located next door to an updated Courtyard, and as a result you can take advantage of some of that properties facilities. In addition to having access to their Bistro and the lobby store, you can use the fitness room, which is up-to-date and on par with what you can expect at other Courtyards.

They have a free breakfast, though I didn't take part so I can't review it. The staff were helpful if occasionally overwhelmed. There's a PC in the lobby where you can access the internet if you dont' have a laptop, and you can print boarding passes there as well. The hotel has complimentary wi-fi, though I didn't use it so I can't rate the speed of the connection.

I managed to get a King suite, which was surprisingly roomy and tasteful. If you can get an upgrade I'd go for that. Otherwise, I'd compare the rates to the Courtyard next door and make your determination based on your budget.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank PromoRoadGuy
Christopher P, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Dallas Medical / Market Center, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2012

Thank you for choosing to stay with us while you visited the Dallas Market Center area. We appreciate the time you spent leaving us some feedback about your most recent stay. We're glad you were able to enjoy your stay and that you were able to take advantage of our sister property's, the Courtyard by Marriott, amenities. We will be renovating our property at the beginning of 2013 that will bring a more up to date feel to the Fairfield. Thank you again for staying with us and we look forward to future opportunities to host you.

Reviewed October 31, 2012

The cold water offered at check-in and pleasant staff were nice touches. However, noise & location are key factors. I am not a very light sleeper but I chose a suite at this Fairfield so that the A/C fan that's often noisy at Courtyard Mariotts would not be right in the bedroom. Sure enough there it was, right next to the bed! Although I didn't really need the cooling of the air conditioner, when I turned it off there was lots of highway noise from nearby Stemmons Freeway. In addition this location is a commercial desert, with very few nearby restaurants. If there are any good restaurants in the nearby Hilton Anatole, the lists provided by Holly at the front desk didn't include them. The fitness center is in the adjacent Courtyard Marriott, but the first secton of the outdoor pathway is poorly lit and feels unsafe. In addition, the security locks through the pool are (to return to the Fairfield) were not operational. Finally the decor needs an upgrade. The property looks tired.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank RollCaster
Christopher P, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Dallas Medical / Market Center, responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2012

Thank you for choosing to stay with us while you visited the Dallas Market Center area. We appreciate the time you spent leaving feedback about your most recent visit. I am sorry you did not have a great experience but I thank you for the opportunity to address some of your concerns so that this does not occur to future guests. Your feedback will allow us the opportunity to improve our amenities and services. I am happy to say that we are scheduled to undergo a renovation at the beginning of 2013. Thank you again for your feedback and for staying with us while you visit Dallas Market Center.

Reviewed October 27, 2012

I came down with a friend while she took care of business at the Dallas Market Center. The Fairfield Inn is conveniently close and provided free shuttle service to the market. The staff was courteous and helpful. The beds were comfortable, rooms clean, free wi-fi in the room, and a decent complimentary breakfast. The Fairfield is a good choice for all travelers.

Christopher P, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Dallas Medical / Market Center, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to leave some feedback about your most recent stay with us. We appreciate the recognition of our staff and the amenities you were able to take advantage of while you were here. Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we look forward to your return visit

Reviewed October 26, 2012

This hotel is staffed by friendly attentive people. My room was very clean. Although it certainly isn't the highest scale property in the area, they do a great job of being a Fairfield. The breakfast is hot and fresh- great by even Fairfield standards. Also popcorn and cookies in the evenings, and the staff actually took the time to make them unlike many hotels. Friendly service and clean rooms had me come back to this hotel to stay again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for choosing to stay with us while you visited the Dallas Market Center area. We appreciate the time you spent leaving some feedback about your most recent stay and we're glad you were able to see our great service first hand. We're glad you were able to thoroughly enjoy your stay and we look forward to your return visit

Reviewed October 1, 2012

well I thought i did my homework by looking at all the marriott properties and galleries online but i forgot to look at tripadvisor! ugh. well the pics don't look to bad and neither do the prices and that's why i stayed here. well, i didn't have that great of an experience...first, the pics don't do justice, this place needs MAJOR work done. once i walked in my room i wanted to leave. NOT what the pics looked like. there was a random fridge in the hallway...yes, a fridge. the room next to me had the alarm going off for over an hr (could have been empty). I came back at night to just wind down from the day and although the bed was comfortable i didn't sleep good because the air kept going on and off getting so hot!! It just didn't seem like the hotel was up to Fairfield Standards.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Christopher P, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Dallas Medical / Market Center, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2012

Thank you for choosing to stay with us while visiting the Dallas Market Center we know you have many options and feel grateful you gave us the opportunity to host you.

I apologize for the inconveniences you were caused during your stay. We appreciate the time you spent leaving us some feedback and allow us the opportunity to address your concerns so that no other guest has the same experience you had.

Reviewed September 29, 2012

This was one of the best hotels I've very stayed in. Everyone on the staff was extremely nice to me. I was at a conference at another hotel, so I was coming in late and tired. The staff made sure there were snacks left for me. They all gave me great recommendations for fun things to do around town, and treated me like a friend. The breakfast was fabulous, and the very kind man who ran it kept it stocked even when it was packed with hungry guests. My room was spotless, and the cleaning staff gave me refills on all my soaps every night. We called ahead to ask if they had a refrigerator in the room: Apparently they will in the future for all guests, but for that trip they actually put one in my room!!!! I used the indoor pool, which was conveniently open late, and just perfect for laps. This made my business trip feel like a luxury vacation!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Christopher P, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Dallas Medical / Market Center, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2012

Thank you for choosing to stay with us while you attended the conference at the Hilton Anatole. We're glad we were able to accommodate your needs throughout your stay and make your trip more of a vacation rather than business.

We appreciate the time you spent leaving us feedback about your guest experience and we look forward to hosting you again in the future.

Reviewed September 16, 2012

I always like Fairfield Inns for the decent rooms, free breakfast and free internet. This is an older style Fairfield, but they did say they are remodeling in the next year. The location is close to downtown - about 1 mile away - but the actual surrounding area is not ideal.

The price will be the best you will find for this area - with the quality provided.

This location gave warm cookies, cold water, and candy available in the lobby in the afternoons. The front desk was really great and helpful.

I would stay here again since the price makes the best sense for the area.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank ALinCA5512
Christopher P, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Dallas Medical / Market Center, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to leave some feedback about your most recent stay we appreciate any opportunity to improve our service and/or our amenities.

We're glad you were able to take advantage of some of the extra amenites we offer, cookies, popcorn, water and candy, and we're glad to hear you enjoyed your stay.

Thank you for giving us the opportunity to host you while you visited Dallas and we look forward to your return visit.