Fairfield Inn & Suites Dallas Medical / Market Center
Ranked #98 of 207 Hotels in Dallas
Reviewed August 5, 2012

I was in Dallas for a concert at the Gexa Pavillion fairgrounds but didn't want to stay downtown. I found this hotel online and loved the price. When we arrived, we could barely find the entrance. It's on the side of the hotel and doesn't have much of a sign saying that it was the front lobby. The front desk clerk was very nice and helpful. When we got to the room, we decided we wanted to stay at a hotel of a higher quality. It was a decent budget hotel and did seem clean, however, my husband and I decided to leave and find another hotel. We asked the front desk clerk if there were any other Marriotts that would have openings. She called Marriott Inn and Suites (just a mile or so away) and found availability for us. If we were on a budget, the Fairfield would have been fine and was a good price. Both hotels were just a short drive, about 10 minutes, from Gexa (just a note that the traffic near Gexa takes a while to get through). We ended up paying only $20 more at the suites but it did not have a free breakfast. To reiterate, Fairfield is a decent hotel for budget minded travelers and would have done the job.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Christopher P, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Dallas Medical / Market Center, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to leave some feedback about your most recent experience with us. I am sorry we were unable to host you while you were here for a concert at the Gexa Pavillion but I am glad to hear we were able to help assist you find other Marriott accommodations. We appreciate the kind words about our amenities, staff service and cleanliness of our hotel and hope we will be able to host you the next time you visit Dallas Market Center.

Reviewed June 2, 2012

this is my 2nd stay at Fairfield in Dallas Market Center Hotel.
the experience is very smooth. they remembered me, offered me complimentary bottles of water in my room, it is a place you can relay on.

if going to the same area, i will stay there again,

Room Tip: for the fist time, i stay at the ground level. the room was very quiet as it was far away from the f...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Aereal
Christopher P, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Dallas Medical / Market Center, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2012

Thank you for continuing to stay with us while you visit Dallas, we truly appreciate your loyalty to the Marriott Brand and with our location in particular. We'd also like to thank you for leaving some feedback about your stay, we welcome the opportunity to improve our services and/or amenities.

Reviewed May 20, 2012 via mobile

We had noisy neighbors next to us. They went to bed around 2am only to get up and make loud noise (laughing and talking, slamming doors) at 6:30 the next morning. The hotel staff did not do anything to get these people to quiet down. They actually lied to the hotel staff saying they were asleep and they weren't making the noise. So after calling down a second time to the front desk, they said they did all they could do. The room was clean and nice, but customer service is seriously lacking. We'll never go back.

• Stayed: May 2012
2  Thank Arika97
Christopher P, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Dallas Medical / Market Center, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2012

Thank you for taking some time to rate your most recent stay and to also give some feedback from your experience. We welcome your feedback as it gives us an opportunity to correct any concerns as well as give our staff the support they require to provide great service.

I do apologize for the inconvenience you encountered with a few noisy guests, this should have been taken care of from the first moment you reported it.

Thank you for your feedback and we can only hope that you'd be open to visiting us again so that you may see the type of service we are capable of.

Reviewed May 9, 2012

At check in a gentlemen by the name of Paul seemed to have been disturbed because I interupted his TV SHOW. He just asked me my name and to hurry because his TV SHOW was on commercial and he had not seen it in days. Are you kidding me??? Then I asked where I can have dinner and he just pointed to a Dennys.

Room Tip: Pay a little more and stay at the Courtyard next door, the Fairfield employees seem not to care.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
7  Thank Tammy S
Christopher P, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Dallas Medical / Market Center, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2012

Thank you for taking the time give us some feedback about your most recent stay with us. I am shocked to hear of your dialogue with our front desk agent and can assure you that type of interaction is not common. I agree with you, that type of customer service is not acceptable, and I would too be upset.

Thank you for giving us an opportunity to address these concerns, we are in constant pursuit of perfection and your feedback will help us take it to that next level. We hope you are willing to give us another opportunity to show are great service.

Reviewed April 20, 2012

The security guard on patrol approached me as I arrived and told me that if I throw him a few dollars he will watch my truck. I explained that my company does not repay us for something like that. 2 days later truck was broke into .ransacking interior. Took gps and iPod touch (both under seat) and took chargers, aux cables,. When I talked to general manager he told me that was 3rd time he heard same shakedown. How many guests have to be vandalized before you change security companys and protect your guest? I was disgusted at hotels lack of concern for guest . Will NEVER stay there again, and rooms were out dated

• Stayed: March 2012
5  Thank Kevin C
Christopher P, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Dallas Medical / Market Center, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2012

Thank you for choosing to stay with us while you visited the Dallas Market Center. We appreciate the time you took to give us some feedback on your most recent stay. We sincerely apologize for the inconveniences you were caused during your stay and understand your frustrations. As you noted, we are in a great location but unfortunately break in's happen regardless if the hotel has security. We were surprised to hear of the events with the security guard and are currently working with our security company to ensure events like these are not repeated. We are disappointed with the way your stay went but we want thank you for giving us the opportunity to address some of your concerns.

Reviewed April 5, 2012

I stayed for 4 nights in room 140. which is very close to the back entrance, So I was very close to my car.
Breakfast is nice with good variety.
Hotel is clean and quite.
It is fairly close to downtown Dallas, and I think the hotel offers shuttle services.
Staff was nice and welcoming

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
Christopher P, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Dallas Medical / Market Center, responded to this reviewResponded April 6, 2012

Thank you for taking a few minutes to leave us some feedback on your most recent experience. We're glad you enjoyed your time with us and thank you for the amazing comments about our Staff and the amenities we provide. Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we look forward to seeing you again in the future

Reviewed March 23, 2012

Our family( three of us) stayed here for one night while we were in town for a Mavericks basketball game. We chose it due to its convenient location for the game. It's not within walking distance to the American Airlines Center, but a very easy mile or so drive from there. The beds were comfortable, the rooms clean, and the staff very friendly. The lady at the desk, Tiffany, was extremely helpful with directions and suggestions for the area. The breakfast was just right for us, the man taking care of the breakfast area was friendly and kept it well stocked.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
Christopher P, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Dallas Medical / Market Center, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2012

Thank you for choosing to stay with us while you visited American Airlines to see the Dallas Mavericks play. We appreciate the time you spent leaving feedback on your recent experience and thank you for the kind words you had for our staff. We hope to host you and your family the next time you visit