“Nice staff, missing some things other Fairfields have”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Dallas Medical / Market Center
Ranked #92 of 205 Hotels in Dallas
Reviewed April 14, 2011

Front desk was excellent. Parking lot a little funky to get into. Went to Courtyard in error. Courtyard is more prominent when pulling in lot, had to go to the back for Fairfield. One small entrance. Bathroom is one with sink outside toilet/tub area so if you like that, this will work for you. Room ok, we were so tired as long as we could sleep. Didn't have a freezer we could put blue ice packs in overnight for early departure which is helpful when driving 15 hour days to keep sodas and food fresh. Overall ok, staff nice, quiet sleep once we got there.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank eastcoastgirlforever
There are newer reviews for Fairfield Inn & Suites Dallas Medical / Market Center

Reviewed January 22, 2011

Very clean hotel. Front desk staff are very friendly & outgoing. Gave me great recommendations for dinner options. Free wireless, continental breakfast included in room cost.

Courtyard Marriott right next door with a small restaurant & bar.

Overall good experience & would return.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed August 31, 2010

My first impression when I didn't notice the entrance - I knew something was wrong! Since this reservation was booked by someone else I said let me try it any way - I would allow my worst enemy to stay here - not only was the room very small the decor blinded me and to top it off I reached for the lamp and shade completely fell off. The smell was awful for a non-smoking room - this hotel may serve a night for a trucker but not for me

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank _msmayor_nyc
Reviewed July 23, 2009

This is probably the worst hotel I have ever stayed at – and I didn’t even spend the night!

My friend and I arrived at 2:00PM from the airport knowing very well that the check-in was not until 3:00PM. The hotel was buzzing because there was a cheerleader competition in town. When we arrived, the gentleman at the front desk informed us in a very rude manner that the rooms were not ready stating “and check-in is actually until 3:00PM.” Though we felt this comment was unnecessary, we shook it off, asked them to store our luggage, and were informed of a good restaurant where we could walk to get something to eat.

When we returned a little after 3:00, we were informed that only one of the rooms was ready. The room was in the WORST location of the hotel – in front of their indoor swimming pool on their first floor. I could only imagine the screams I would be hearing from the cheerleaders later on that day.

About 30 minutes later my friend decided that he better stop by the front desk to check to see if his room was ready. By this time, the front desk had changed shifts and there were two girls there. A few minutes later I got a call from him asking me to stop by because they were relocating him to the hotel next door. Apparently the hotel was undergoing a renovation and they were not going to be able to provide a room for him.

One of the girls was very understanding of the fact that we wanted to stay close together, but I cannot say the same for the other girl. She was literally scowling at the fact that we were asking if they could move both rooms. How was this not more of an inconvenience to her guest who had already unpacked most of her stuff?

The whole issue could have been avoided if they would have just told us when we arrived. In the end, my friend ended up getting upset and it was only after this that she agreed to change both of our rooms. She, however, never apologized for her attitude.

If I had to recommend something from this hotel it would be – stay next door! The Courtyard by Marriott was in MUCH better condition. Unfortunately, they are owned by the same company, so they share front office staff. Our “friend” at the desk was ready to meet us with her scowl once we moved over.

I am a very easy person to please, but there were just too many things wrong with this stay – and I didn’t even get to experience the loud noise from the pool! I hope very much that management find ways to correct these problems. Why spend so much money on a renovation when the front office staff is not properly trained in guest service? They should visit the Embassy Suites Near the Galleria. Now THAT is a hotel who properly trains their staff to be courteous to ALL guests.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 21, 2008

We really enjoyed our stay at this Inn. The beds were the best I have encountered at any hotel. Our third story room had a wonderful view of downtown Dallas. It was very clean and the folks at the check in counter were helpful and friendly. The breakfast offered was marvelous. All in all a great experience. We know where we will stay on our next trip to Dallas!

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Peppurrr
Reviewed September 29, 2008

My husband and I stayed at this hotel while attending the Texas State Fair in Dallas. The hotel is pretty much what we expected....the hotel was clean, the staff was friendly, and the price was right for the accomidations we received. The area is a little scary, as it is located in a pretty industrial area, so be aware of that when you book. Overall, even though the hotel was nice and comfortable, it was far off the beaten path, and we would probably stay at a higher end hotel. The Fairfield line from Marriott could be described as their cheap properties.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank Robsgirl637
Reviewed September 22, 2008

Hotel is across I35 from Word Trade Center and 2 minutes from American Airlines Center. Only 7 minutes to Pearl street in Downtown Dallas. Hotel was very clean. The best Continental Breakfast I have ever had. Had hot scrambled eggs, very nice eating area. Fully stocked ! Hotel seemed to be built in the last few years, one block off of I35 on Market Center. Price seems to be $85 per night firm at all times. Bed was very comfortable with plenty of pillows. Room was nice. FREE WIFI, nice work area. Very pleased with hotel,service and price was excellent for area. If you need to stay close to downtown Dallas this place is a great value and comfortable stay. Indoor and outdoor pools

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank firetiger
Travelers also viewed these Dallas hotels
Downtown Dallas
Doubletree by Hilton Dallas Market Center

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Dallas Medical / Market Center? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Fairfield Inn & Suites Dallas Medical / Market Center

Address: 2110 Market Center Blvd, at Stemmons, Dallas, TX 75207-3321 (Formerly Fairfield Inn Dallas Market Center)
Location: United States > Texas > Dallas
Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
Ranked #92 of 205 Hotels in Dallas
Price Range: $107 - $221 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Fairfield Inn & Suites Dallas Medical / Market Center 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Marriott, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cancelon, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and getaroom.com so you can book your Fairfield Inn & Suites Dallas Medical / Market Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Fairfield Inn Dallas Market Hotel Dallas