“Was About to Book a Room when...”
Review of Sterling Hotel

Sterling Hotel
Ranked #156 of 203 Hotels in Dallas
Dallas, Texas
“Was About to Book a Room when...”
Reviewed July 3, 2012

I called for more information. The guy who answered the phone sounded like he did NOT want to be talking to me, was unhelpful, and only gave the minimum of information. I subsequently read a few reviews - almost all of which spoke of the poor attitude of the staff.

And filthy rooms? No thanks.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
5 Thank pooroldluser

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Reviewed June 11, 2012

I had a class to attend on Monday, so I thought "I will just stay there Sunday and be there".,Well when I walked in "I thought O my Goodness they have trailer park hotels". I quickly changed my mind about staying. Yes it was that bad. I returned the next morning to go to my class and, once we got in class we realized the ad was on, but was not cooling. The teacher stopped class and asked the maintenance crew to check it out or move us to another room. They said all rooms were booked. Liar liar pants on fire, there were 4 rooms available. They must have forgot the doors to the rooms were open. But the air was not working in any of them. So they turned the temp down in the room we were in, and class continued. We were told there was a restaurant we a Buffett downstairs and a gift shop for snacks. Liar liar pants on fire. The restaurant was closed breakfast, lunch, and dinner. He gift shop was also closed. Not one staff member knew by they were closed. When we had a break, I went to the restroom, and what do you know, NO ac. It was hot as hell. Lastly some guests took there kids out to the pool area, and he came back with a ton of mud on him. The dad was Furious, I mean who wouldn't be. There was no mud or a place for mud in the pool area, as it turns out he got it from the steps on the pool, it was cement. They company patched the pool but didn't close it. The guy working on the pool spoke no English (figures that common her in this city). Run run run from this HELL-TELL (hotel).

• Stayed June 2012
7 Thank Helltell72

Travelers are raving about these Dallas hotels

Coralville, Iowa
Reviewed June 6, 2012

Room is far from being clean, clerks act like they dont care, sat in their so called bar for 10 minutes and no bartender, absolutely every single soda machine was sold out of everything. No sodas at all. The only shining star i came in contact with was the shuttle driver. Thinking of checking out and going to another hotel.

• Stayed June 2012
4 Thank Jayson C
Reviewed May 31, 2012

I have stayed at the Sterling Hotel several times. I had always been pleased before. However, I booked Mother's Day weekend for a girls weekend out for myself, my sister and two daughters. This stay was a disaster!!! The room, the halls the elevators, everything was filthy. I had planned to book my large March event again but I certainly won't now, never again. Not only was the hotel dirty but I was treated very rudely by the staff in general.

Room Tip: Check you room for cleanliness. a must1
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Beverly M
Reviewed May 28, 2012

We had a girls weekend get away and I was never more embarrassed about the cleanliness of the hotel. I daughter kept her socks on; well we all did once we saw her socks, as just after checking into the room her socks were black with dirt. You could see things left on the floor that were apparently from the previous guest, the restroom was dirty. I had to get housekeeping in to clean the bath tub again; it still had soap scum ring around the tub. And, they rented this room to us. A picture of the dirty room & filthy socks are on my facebook page in hopes that everyone is made aware of how dirty the hotel is. The General Manager, when notified to explain our dissastifaction, was not concerned at all!!!! Bad G.M. if you ask me. He seemed to not know much about hotel business. I will NEVER stay here again.

Room Tip: We were told all the rooms are the same.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
6 Thank Funventurous
Reviewed May 2, 2012

I am a long term guest at the hotel and started my stay 2 years ago. Everyone who works at the hotel has been very friendly and attentive to my needs. The hotel is a bit older than some but remodeling is going on and the new look is quite impressive from what I've seen so far. The great thing about staying here is that this is a full service hotel, with all the amenities not just a motel (pool,restaurant,sports bar,room service,covered parking garage,laundry facilities,airport shuttle,etc.) The food is great and the price is right, some places overcharge just because they are a hotel. When I look at what all I'm getting for my money it is without a doubt a great deal.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Charles H
kaufman, texas
Reviewed April 9, 2012

This location is great if you need to be anywhere near the Market Center area of Dallas, or even Downtown (5 mins away). The hotel itself is older, and looks like at one time was pretty nice. However, it could use some renovations. The room we had was very clean and i had no problem with it at all. The hotel could stand to paint and upgrade the bedding.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple