“This place rocked!”

Courtyard Dallas Medical/Market Center
Ranked #79 of 203 Hotels in Dallas
“This place rocked!”
Reviewed October 28, 2010

Trip Advisor is the only thing bad about this hotel. Obviously the reviewers listed below have never stayed at this property. Just checked out of this hotel today. Simply the best... Wenz

• Stayed October 2010

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
San Diego, California
Reviewed June 24, 2010

The carpet is new, but the mattresses are old, filthy and smelled like urine. The "newly renovated" refers to the carpet only. Management is horrible and smokers are welcome. If you are a chain smoker, enjoy the smell of urine, then this is the place for you. Management should be ashamed of themselves. I am a gold member and I checked out after seeing these mattresses are at least 10 years old with bugs on them. Ick.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank Dancynn
austin
Reviewed February 19, 2010

Worse service from the staff I have ever had. Would never return for any reason. Do not expect good service at all.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank djmcatx
Asheville, North Carolina
Reviewed October 21, 2009

This is an older Courtyard property. The common areas are in very good condition but the rooms need upgrading. The furniture, bed and TV are all showing their age. The furniture is worn and stained, the bed sags a bit and the TV's performance was poor.

When I first stepped into my room I saw three roaches in the bathroom area. I managed to kill one but the other two got away. It has been years since I have seen roaches in a hotel room. The room was clean but the presence of the roaches point to a problem somewhere.

I ate dinner and breakfast at the hotel. Both meals were very good and the wait staff was great.

I would not recommend this hotel primarily because of the roaches I found in my room. The room condition should be improved soon if this property wishes to compete with other hotels in the area.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank MoovinOn
dallasmc, General Manager at Courtyard Dallas Medical/Market Center, responded to this review, February 25, 2010
We greatly appreciate your comments. We are excited to announce that a full rooms renovation has been completed as of 12/31/09. The rooms look wonderful. Lobby renovation coming soon.
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed October 8, 2009

Certain rooms had a microwave and refrigerator provided; however, I was unable to secure one of these during my two-night stay. In addition, the hotel offered breakfast on the website as being included in the price; however, when I arrived at the hotel - the desk clerk told me it was at an additional fee.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
so. cal
Reviewed December 30, 2008

I stayed here for one night while driving across country the beginning of December, 2008. There were two drunk women next door to me that fought, screamed and yelled, and stood outside my door smoking cigarettes ALL night. I called security 3 times during the night and they were useless. This is the worst Marriott I've ever stayed in (I'm a platinum member with 81 Marriott stays this year). Go elsewhere.

• Stayed December 2008, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
1 Thank CTshorewithdogs
Oakland, California
Reviewed October 15, 2008

I would definately not recommend this hotel because they have bed bugs! I stayed there 2 weeks ago on October 4th and the morning after I had lots of bites on my fingers and in various other places. And when I returned home I continued to get more bites only to discover that the bugs had gotten into my luggage and are now in my home. I would suggest being VERY cautious before you stay there but the best thing to do would be to find a new hotel.

• Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank Meehdi