“DEAD ROACH in BATHROOM!!!!!”

Courtyard Dallas Medical/Market Center
Ranked #79 of 203 Hotels in Dallas
“DEAD ROACH in BATHROOM!!!!!”
Reviewed April 13, 2014 via mobile

We stayed at the courtyard on April 5th for the final four. We checked in about 1pm and just put our stuff into room 116. We wen't to the game and got back at about midnight when I walked into the bathroom and saw a DEAD ROACH lying on it's back. We we're completely disgusted and quickly grabbed all bags and wen't to check out. We were going to switch hotels and the guy at the front desk helped us find another hotel. The guy at the front desk was very very nice. The only problem was that it was the final 4 and everything was sold out. Luckily a SpringHill Suites by Love Field was available so he sent us over there. When we got there there was no reservation. So it took another hour to make one and didn't get to bed until 4am! This is one of the worst Courtyards we have ever stayed at.

Stayed April 2014
Christopher P, General Manager at Courtyard Dallas Medical/Market Center, responded to this review, April 14, 2014
Thank you for your recent TripAdvisor review with specific examples of where we failed to meet your expectations on your most recent stay with us. I apologize for the lapses in service and room cleanliness you encountered and assure you this is not typical of a stay at the Courtyard by Marriott Dallas Medical/Market Center area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed March 30, 2014

The staff was very friendly & professional, we pick this hotel because it was right behind Medieval Times which was great, because we could just walk next door. The rooms were clean & had plenty of space. I would definitely come back to stay here on the next trip.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Reviewed March 23, 2014

When I travel I always stay with Courtyard mainly for the wonderful staff that I encounter at each property. While I may not be "first in line" I am at least acknowledged with a friendly smile. Not this one. I arrived to no one at any of the reservation desks except for building maintenance replacing a light bulb and a room attendant doing something on the computer. Neither spoke to say at least that "someone would be right back" Once someone did arrive, no apologies, a smirk and a bit of a look that said "I'm tired and wish I wasn't here today" Any questions directed at any of the staff during my stay made me feel as if I was "in the way" and they appeared "rushed"

The room was nice but I was disappointed that I used my "hard earned" points here. Was it because I wasn't a "paying customer?" Sort of wished I hadn't redeemed them here.

This property gets an average rating because of the room being nice.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Christopher P, General Manager at Courtyard Dallas Medical/Market Center, responded to this review, March 24, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to leave some feedback about your most recent stay with us as well as sharing an example of where we failed to meet your expectations. I apologize for the lapses you encountered with our staff service from our front desk staff you received this is not typical of a stay at Courtyard by Marriott Dallas Medical & Market Center.

As you noted, the front desk service was unacceptable by your standards but by our own internal standards for providing excellent staff service. I will be sure to address this with our Front Office Manager personally to ensure our front desk staff is properly trained to provide the very best service you have grown to expect from a Marriott Brand. As a Marriott Elite member we understand how many days a year you travel and we appreciate the loyalty you have exhibited to the Marriott brand and you should be acknowledged every time you stay regardless whether you are paying for the room or staying on your hard earned points!

Once again, please accept my apology. We would like to regain your trust and we hope you will allow us an opportunity to provide you with an exceptional guest experience when your travels bring you back to this area.
Houston, Texas
Reviewed February 14, 2014

This property feels tired once past the lobby. The lobby has undergone the requisite brand renovation and does look and feel nice, but everything else about the property is dated and stale. They have put money in the rooms but they remain a bit dim. "Fitness center" is lacking. Staff was professional and helpful.

Room Tip: Ask for room closer to elevator. The property is an almost connected "c" shape, with lobby...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Christopher P, General Manager at Courtyard Dallas Medical/Market Center, responded to this review, February 20, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to leave us some feedback about your most recent stay with us. We appreciate the opportunity to address some of the concerns you noted. Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we look forward to hosting you again in the future.
Blanchard
Reviewed January 25, 2014

Stayed at this hotel for the first time was very impressed. It was very clean hotel. They have a onsite Convenience Store, Starbucks Coffee Shop, a Bristro, Computers in the Lobby to use for the travlers that do not have a Laptop or Tablets to use, & free Wifi in the rooms for the travlers who have Laptops or Tablets. 100% Statisfied.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Christopher P, General Manager at Courtyard Dallas Medical/Market Center, responded to this review, January 27, 2014
Thank you for choosing to stay with us while you visited the area. We appreciate the time you spent leaving some feedback about your most recent stay with us. We're glad you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to your return visit.
Dallas, Texas, United States
Reviewed January 17, 2014

Friendly front desk, above decent food and decent price. Great location for early morning drive around Dallas . Only issue hotel was fairly empty and I inquired about upgrade being a marriott rewards member and was given some lame excuse why they could not .

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Christopher P, General Manager at Courtyard Dallas Medical/Market Center, responded to this review, January 22, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to leave some feedback about your most recent stay with us. We appreciate the opportunity to improve our service and address any concerns you might have. I do apologize that we were unable to meet your needs with an upgrade and hope we'll be able to do so your next trip into Dallas.
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Reviewed January 15, 2014

We stayed here for our spring break family vacation. Having never been to Texas we were hoping for a decent location and this was perfect! The suite we had was the perfect size for all of us and the view of the courtyard was gorgeous. The only complaint we have for the room was the bathroom. It was completely open (accessible) with a drain in the center of the room letting the shower water splishsplash all over the bathroom. I suppose for adults this isn't a huge issue but with three kids it was a little disastrous. Everything was clean and comfy otherwise!
The hotel staff however was not so great. The lady at the front desk was less than helpful when we asked for recommendations on restaurants and local attractions. She basically just spouted off street names and when I told her we weren't from here she rolled her eyes and just stared at me until I said thanks and left. We had to get a maintenance man to adjust the thermostat once and he shoved my kids' things into the floor without so much as an apology or attempt to pick up anything. We also called down for a change of sheets after my oldest spilled her water and they were rude saying there were sheets in the bottom drawer of the dresser and couldn't bring up any more. When we told them there weren't any sheets in any drawers they hung up on us, coming up an hour later and actually checking to see if there were sheets or not before giving us the new ones.

So if you're looking for a great room in a great location for a great price, this is it! Just don't expect much from the employees!

• Stayed March 2013
Thank you for taking the time to leave some feedback about your most recent stay. We're glad you were able to enjoy your stay but disappointed to hear about the service you received. We appreciate the opportunity you have given us to address your concern and hope you'll give us another opportunity to host you and your family the next time you travel into the area.