“Smoke smell”

Courtyard Dallas Medical/Market Center
Ranked #80 of 205 Hotels in Dallas
Reviewed December 14, 2013

The hotel was excellent for the courtyard series but the hallways smelled of cigarette smoke! Not a good thing to wake up to! Everything else was wonderful. The room was a nice size and was very clean and well furnished! I will stay again just monitor that cigarette smell

• Stayed: December 2013
Christopher P, General Manager at Courtyard Dallas Medical/Market Center, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to leave some feedback about your most recent stay. We're glad you were able to enjoy your stay and we appreciate the opportunity to address the smoke concern you mentioned. Thak you for choosing to stay with us while you visited the area and we look forward to hosting you again in the future.

There are newer reviews for Courtyard Dallas Medical/Market Center

Reviewed November 24, 2013 via mobile

Ok - not a bad hotel, not the worst, but certainly much better out there.

My biggest problem was the dirty, dirty floors of the hotel - the hallways looked as if they were not cleaned enough. The room was also not very clean - hair on the shower ceiling, hair on the "new" bedding, dirty floors and floorboards.

Also, an emerging trend with Marriott. Even though I had prepaid for my stay, the hotel required a credit card for check in - normal procedure. However, the Marriott put a $60 hold on my credit line (in case of incidentals - which I knew I wouldn't have). When I check out, was informed by the front desk staff that it would take up to 5 business days to release my money. I understand that some guest may use the $2.50 bottled water in the room but I didn't and didn't have any charge. So if I needed any extra money to spend in the area, it was not possible

If I give a hotel my credit card for a hold on money - which they take immediately - I expect my money to refunded immediately upon check out. Unless the Marriott chain would like to pay my interest on holding my money. Not a fan, most hotels it's only $20

Will reconsider staying here again.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
Christopher P, General Manager at Courtyard Dallas Medical/Market Center, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to leave us some feedback about your most recent stay with us. We appreciate the opportunity to address your concerns so that we may work to ensure that the next guest does not have the same concerns. I apologize for any inconvenience you were caused and hope you would give us another opportunity to host you when you travel into the Dallas Market Center area.

Reviewed November 18, 2013

It's easy to get to and from other destinations from this location. It's not congested and is easy to maneuver in and out of from any direction. The staff was kind, always there and interested in helping any way they could. Although breakfast was not included, there were healthy choices at decent prices. The room was clean and somewhat spacious and quiet. We had a very nice time and were happy with our stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that is on the inside of the courtyard area and not toward the outside of the hotel...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for taking some time to leave some feedback about your most recent stay with us. We're glad you were able to enjoy your stay with us and hope to have the opportunity to host you again in the future.

Reviewed November 7, 2013

We stayed here for a friends wedding we were in town for. The price was great and you get so many more amenities here than you would at other hotels for the same price. The lobby area with the small snack store and the kitchen/bar was nice and very convenient. The rooms were clean and comfortable with a small balcony to sit on. The location was great too. Just a 5 min jaunt down the road and you are in downtown. Everything is right there. The staff was very nice and helpful and our room was ready right away. This place was perfect for our short trip.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for choosing to stay with us while attending your friends wedding in town. We appreciate the time you spent leaving us some feedback about your stay and we hope to see you again in the future

Reviewed November 3, 2013

The people at this hotel provided one of the best customer service experiences I've had at a hotel, especially for this price point. Everyone, from the staff at the front desk, to the cleaning staff, even the staff making those fantastic egg white turkey spinach breakfast sandwiches (it's healthy but trust me try it), have been exceptionally helpful and kind. I was visiting Dallas for a conference at the hotel across the street and couldn't have been more pleased to be at the Marriott! If I'm in town again I'd love to stay here!

Room Tip: While the views are limited by the location, there was a Medieval Faire restaurant right outside my...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to leave some feedback about your most recent stay with us. We're glad you were able to enjoy your time while visiting for the conference across the street from us and we hope to have the opportunity to host you again in the future.

Reviewed October 20, 2013

The rooms was average, the refrigerator was missing out of the room...bumper...Brandi, staff member was wonderful she was there with what ever we needed are asked for...top notch employee.
We ate at the Bistro twice, one for a late night snack...potato soup was not hot but warm....but good. The hot wings were good. The hummus was just store bought, not the greatest. Soup was a bigger portion than I expected. I really thought it would be about 4 oz but it was more on the side of 8 - 12 oz. Bacon, sour cream and onions in it too.
Breakfast: was very good, French toast was wonderful, and healthy start was very good, a lot of food. They also do limited Starbucks coffee, may have to tell them how to make it. We liked that...did not have to go looking for one.

Room Tip: We were on the fifth floor and it was quite. The beds were comfortable. The room was big....the refr...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for choosing to stay with us while you visited the Dallas Medical/Market Center area. We're glad you were able to enjoy your stay and we appreciate the positive feedback you had about Brandi!

Reviewed October 4, 2013

This is a lovely, clean and up to date hotel. Comfortable rooms and beds. Front desk was fantastic at check in. They actually thanked me for being a Platinum Marriott Rewards member. I was given the 400 points welcome amenity. Then I was offered a gift bag of snacks and water. In addition we were given breakfast for two. Now that's appreciating your most loyal members! Why can't more Courtyards go above and beyond like this? A huge thank you!

Our son has moved to Uptown recently. You can bet your hotel will be our choice whenever possible when we are visiting. We were really impressed!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for choosing to stay with us while you visited son. We're glad you'll be calling us home when you visit your son and we look forward to the next opportunity to host you.