“Absolutely miserable experience.”

Ranked #55 of 203 Hotels in Dallas
Miamisburg, Ohio
“Absolutely miserable experience.”
Reviewed June 14, 2013

I stayed at this hotel 2 nights in June. I booked the room using one night free Marriott e certificate and paying for the second night with my credit card. The hotel desk clerk could not seem to comprehend this "very complicated transaction". I was charged for two nights, then they said they had corrected and only charged me for one night, but credit card still has not been adjusted properly, and I have still been charged for two nights plus and extra $10. I do not know where these people might have learned math. I had suspected that the bill was going to be incorrect and called twice while I was still in hotel to make certain that one night was free and was assured that it would be correct. When I checked out, I was given a correct folio. However when an invoice was emailed to me, the folio showed the double billing. Now I am still trying to get this straightened out because my credit card still shows I was charged for 2 nights.
In addition, on the first night I had to make 4 calls to front desk for service issues. The refrigerator had to be adjusted because it was not cold at all. They had to bring another robe because they had given me a dirty robe. Then I called for extra towels which should have been in my room to start with if they had read my Marriott profile. Call was ignored. I had to call again to request the towels. They only supply two thin well used towels each day, so you have to ask for additional. I also had to ask for body wash. Front desk manager told me that Marriott does not have to supply body wash, but she would get me some. I have stayed in Marriotts from Sydney, Australia, to Paris, France, to Hong Kong, to Vancouver, Canada and on and on and body was is always supplied in a full service Marriott.
Also the key to the room did not work most of the time. I do not think the young man at front desk knew how to make a key properly. We would get to the room and then have to go back down and get re keyed. Once the second key did not even work, so it was not that it had been demagnetized as they like to claim.
We had breakfast and one item on buffet was biscuits with gravy. The gravy was not edible. It tasted a bit like glue. The second day the gravy looked different, so I tried it again. I asked the waitress if there was a different chef. She said "he found the gravy recipe". A restaurant chef does not know how to make gravy?? This entire experience and the arrogance of the front desk manager makes me want to never return to Dallas.
I will probably have to just protest the charge with my credit card company as the hotel personnel does not have the proper tools to work with to solve the problem. There are many other hotels in Dallas. Choose another. The hassle at this hotel is certainly not worth the effort.

Room Tip: The Westin would be a better choice.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank timesharetraveler11

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
Santa Teresa, New Mexico, United States
Reviewed June 13, 2013

We stayed here because of a family event that was being held here. From the moment we stepped in the door we were very impressed. The staff was super friendly and checking in was a breeze. Our room was clean and we just loved the separate sleeping area with the french doors. We didn't have much of a view but who cares when the room was so nice!!! The event we attended was perfect as well. Again the staff was very friendly and professional.
We would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for anyone visiting Dallas.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Wichita Falls, Texas
Reviewed May 17, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at the Marriot Suites Medical/Market Center for a weekend with friends in Dallas. We picked this one because we needed a pet friendly hotel ($100 pet fee). The location is really convenient to downtown Dallas just a short drive away or you could ride the DART train from the hospital across the street. The hotel is clean and the rooms are very spacious. Ours was a King suite and it was very comfortable. The staff was very helpful and friendly as one would expect from a Marriot. They have pretty good room rates on the weekend. So if you want to be close to downtown Dallas or the American Airlines center this hotel would be my first choice. Only negatives were no free wifi and the expensive price of breakfast but this is standard at the full-service Marriotts.

• Stayed May 2013
Miami, Florida
Reviewed May 10, 2013

We just spent a week at the hotel. We were in king suite with our son on the pull out the couch. We were there for surgery…surgery was delayed so we had to extend our stay. The hotel was overbooked, Brian at the front desk went out of his way to constantly check and extend us day by day, so we didn’t have to switch hotels. We will definitely stay here each time we come to visit. Everything was clean and comfortable, used the washer and dryer several times and the gym was nice also.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
USA
Reviewed April 24, 2013

The Marriott "suite" concept includes a large bedroom, a large combination living room/work area, and a large bathroom. We stayed for 3 nights and were very comfortable. The hotel staff could not have been more friendly and accomodating. Try to book a special rate through the Marriott Honored Guest program. The breakfast buffet is excellent but costs $ 16.95 per adult unless it's included in your room rate. There is also a separate daily charge for using the hotel's Internet service. The lobby is large, modern, comfortable and has a Starbuck's. The entire hotel is very clean. Outside, there are 2 large, shaded courtyards with very comfortable patio furniture. 1 is by the pool and the other is by the restaurant. During our stay, there was almost always a security guard patrolling the parking lot. Our in-room mini-fridge was very slow to cool at first but it worked well for 3 days afterwards. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Houston
Reviewed April 13, 2013

Stayed here last week on business. Overall I am very pleased with the Marriott Suites, although I want to clarify, while it does have a separte living room and bedroom, it does NOT have a kitchen. Just a refrigerator with sink, like a wetbar. It reminds me of a Residence Inn, but without the kitchen. Couch in living room is marginally comfortable since it is also a sofabed. However, the service here is excellent, and the workout room is pretty complete. Room was nice, and bed was comfortable (a little on soft side). They also have shuttle service, but there is usually a wait. I never ate in the hotel restaurant, so I can't comment. For the location and comfort, I will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing AWAY from the freeway
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Louisiana
Reviewed April 9, 2013

Spent two nights here recently and enjoyed the stay. The service is attentive and responsive. I actually mentioned to the front desk staff about an issue in the exercise room and, to my surprise, it was repaired by the time I went to workout the next morning. Great location to get into the McKinney area for meals or to meet friends.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the south side and there will be no highway traffic noise. I actually had a room...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo