“Great hotel, staff and location - with the free hotel shuttle!”

Dallas Marriott Suites Medical/Market Center
Ranked #54 of 207 Hotels in Dallas
Reviewed January 23, 2013

The hotel is on the side of a freeway but the windows have very good soundproffing so you cannot hear any noise in your room. Good location as easy to drive to and from with easy access to the freeways. The hotel offer a shuttle upon demand to take you into the city centre which is ideal if you would like to have an alcoholic drink or two....plus the traffic is really busy around the city centre.

The hotels is very modern, clean and spacious. The rooms are huge - we had a double bed suite. The living area was lovely and the bedroom itself was still very spacious. Huge bathroom area and small but functional kitchen.

The staff are really helpful and you feel like they actually care about you on your stay. Breakfast is great and good value for money too.

Room Tip: Ask for a room around the back of the hotel - ie facing away from the freeway as you have better vie...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SpinkysWorldTour

Reviewed January 21, 2013

Great location for anyone going to the Dallas Gift shows. Wonderful staff from the driver who picked us up at Dallas's Love field to the hotels desk staff. Everyone goes out of their way to help with directions and suggestions. The hotel is beautiful and the rooms are large and very clean. We will definitely be staying here in the future!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 7, 2013

The Marriott Suites Medical/Market Center is VERY conveniently located and also has free secure parking and free shuttle service -- both increasingly rare for hotels so close to downtown, the top entertainment areas as well as arenas, hospitals and the Market Center.

Best of all though is the outstanding people that work at this hotel -- at all levels from the front desk staff to the housekeeping and restaurant crew.

I travel a great deal for work and this hotel would rank in my TON TEN and is an excellent value for money.

Room Tip: The back side of the hotel, which does not face the interstate, is the quietest. All of the rooms ar...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Ted P
Reviewed January 1, 2013

First wonderful hotel staff with a very can do attitude and the housekeeping EXCELLENT! Nothing more important than walking into your hotel room and see the super clean job done by the housekeeping crew! The suites are large , comfortable but very dated from the early 2000's. The property is very well maintained and the lobby restaurant/bar are appears to be redone recently, perhaps the guest suites are next? As a Marriott Platinum guest I received breakfast with my suite and wanted to say that the fully breakfast buffet was wonderful along with the service! The suite I was assigned was on the back side of the hotel (away from the highway running in front of the property) and was quiet , super clean, and high floor which I enjoy much! The bed was super comfortable, and the TV's have been upgraded to flat screens which made watching football wonderful! I Great location and certainly a great way to get work done and a very comfortable setting! Perhaps room updates are next at this wonderful property......I do recommend and will return in the area!

Room Tip: Recommend high floor room facing away from Highway front side for sure ....much more quiet !
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank MEProfenno
Reviewed December 31, 2012

If hotel selection was like two-minute speed dating, the Marriott Suites would have been discarded. Fortunately for the hotel, I couldn’t just cross it off the list and take three steps to the next one.

I arrived shortly after 10pm, and the front desk associate could not have been more impersonal. Let’s just say if I paid him 10 cents for every word, I would have owed about 30 cents. The associate failed to offer any information about the hotel – location of the concierge lounge, breakfast hours – and did not inquire about any room preferences. The few words meant an incredibly efficient check-in although basic details would have been helpful.

My evening agenda was simple – quick shower and then off to bed, since I had an early business meeting the next day. The bathroom layout is ideal for multiple travelers. The water closet and shower are separate from the sink. After a quick shower, I reached for a towel and quickly realized it was not absorbing water. For a moment, I thought I’d grabbed the toilet paper instead. No such luck. Much to my dismay, the towel was paper thin. And so were the others. Fortunately, there were multiple towels, so three did the job of one. I then made my way to the king-sized bed and discovered that the sheets were frayed. This was not vintage décor – just tired, worn sheets hoping for a graceful retirement. I then went to turn off the bed side lamp, and the reflection on the wall caught my eye. The wall had a glossy look, so I stood on the bed and dragged my finger for a few inches. The gloss was, in fact, a blanket of dust. At this point it was past 11pm. The sheets were clean, and the bed was comfortable, so I called it a night.

My decision to stay at the hotel is best supported by the theory of sunk costs. I had already brought up my luggage, other friends were enroute to the hotel, and I surmised that had it to get better from there. After all, it couldn’t get much worse. It turns out the final two days of my stay were an improvement. Our group ate at the restaurant on three occasions. While the restaurant was nearly full during breakfast, the service was personable and attentive. The breakfast buffet featured pastries, cereals, eggs, bacon, and an omelet station.

There are several advantages to this hotel. First, the room layout is ideal for families. The living area has a sleeper sofa, refrigerator, sink, and flat screen television. The hotel is also pet-friendly, so your four-legged companion will enjoy the extra space with the $100 non-refundable pet deposit. Parking is complimentary, and there is a shuttle to Love Field. Unfortunately, the shuttle does not operate on a regular schedule, so my friend waited over an hour at the airport. Finally, in-room internet is $12.95 per day.

If I had written this review after the first night, one star would be a gift. Fortunately for the hotel, the cost of leaving outweighed the benefit. The last two nights left enough of a positive vibe that the hotel stays on my list of downtown Dallas hotels.

Pros: Spacious suites, complimentary on-site parking, excellent restaurant service

Cons: Disengaged front desk associate, frayed towels, dusty wall

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank scl44
Reviewed December 17, 2012

As a frequent business traveler to Dallas I've had the opportunity to stay at several Marriott properties in the area over the years. The Dallas Marriott Suites Medical/Market Center has become my go to choice and my home away from home.

All the rooms are suites with separate living and bedroom areas. There are two flat panel TVs in every room as well as a refrigerator. The beds are comfortable and the rooms are clean. The restaurant offers a good variety of food and what you would expect from a full service Marriott. The breakfast buffet contains something for everyone. The hotel gym is open 24 hours and is well equipped.

The hotel offers a free shuttle service within a 5 mile radius. 5 miles is more than enough to find just about any type of cuisine as well as shopping. During times of high occupancy the hotel will run multiple shuttles but it's still best to plan ahead.

The greatest attribute of this hotel is the staff though. Whether it's the front desk, the restaurant staff, housekeeping or engineering, everyone is friendly and accommodating. Consistently. The hotel management definitely understands customer service and the staff here sets the bar. Not every stay will always be perfect but what matters is how things are handled when an issue does come up. This is where the staff here really shines. You'll often find the GM out and about, meeting guests, not hidden away in an office somewhere.

Even though there are hotels closer to my final destination, the Marriott Suites Medical/Market Center is my first choice when I'm in Dallas.

Room Tip: If you're a light sleeper you may want to request a room on the back side of the hotel. The fron...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank AB_TPA
Reviewed December 15, 2012 via mobile

I have stayed at this hotel many times and usually the service is great, however, for the last few years it has been sliding downhill. To start with the homeless hang out in the entrance, not a good first impression. I have my preferences saved with my reservations and I am a platinum member, when we arrived they gave us a low floor room, not really a big deal but why ask on the reservations what a preference is if you are not going to honor the request, I asked and was given a higher room floor( the hotel is next to a very busy freeway and the noise is horrible on a low floor room)
Needless to say none of my other requests were honored either. I stayed at the Marriott renaissance just across the street last time and everything was perfect and the price was the same. A much better value.

Someone was smoking on my floor and the stink was very bad in the hallway, I phoned the front desk and the woman told me there was nothing she could do until they checked out, I advised her that I would be happy to pull the fire alarm since I smelled smoke,

Good fitness room and breakfast is a good Buffett, pricy, lounge should be open on weekends or at least free breakfast, another reason to go to the hotel across the street, they provide for elite members like they should, elite is a reward for loyalty, this hotel does not earn my loyalty!!! Stay somewhere else, Marriott can and does do better at other properties in the area.

• Stayed: December 2012